Breathing problems constant ??? Anyone else

Posted , 7 users are following.

Having breathing problems constant like out of breath can't take deep breath just like 24/7 I got anexity but never had this symptom like this before yes when I have a panic attack but this is 24/7 heavy breathing just so scared anyone else got same feeling and can explain please

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi jim. Stress can also do this to you. I had the problems after giving up alcohol. Breathing was becoming a big issue with panic attacks until i switched to yoga n meditation with soft n soothing music. It helps. Yoga hss breathing exercises too. Pls try them.. Really helps...
  • Posted

I use to have horrible anxiety! I now have it under control thanks to Zoloft. Another thing that really helped me was a book called "the big book of anxiety and phobias" it goes through it in detail, everything you may feel and tell you technqiues to try and calm the problem. the more you try to take a deep breath and cant that makes you panic more. Just try and breathe normal because taking deep breaths produces more C02 in your body which makes you feel lightheaded. 

• Posted

I have the same problem you should try not to berth fast jus breath from you nose and exhale from your mouth about 10 times I hope this will help its working with me I know how you feel
  • Posted

I know it is hard to do and say but you have to let yourself know that it can't hurt you, it will pass and don't concentrate on your breathing too much, only makes it worse. Try some guided meditation

There are many apps I use that help me relax

• Posted

I know David it's so hard like it's hard to breath feels like pressure go for a walk get puffed out like I've been running even everyday stuff I have not been work for 3 weeks cause I think I'm going to stop Breathing

• Posted

I've felt like this for 4 weeks I'm on meds but still same the breathing part is causing my anexity how long does it take to go stupid question I know

• Posted

jim yes it is a well known symptom. If your are concerned see your GP

BOB

• Posted

So I have the same problem as you do... I have constant shortness of breath no matter what ( I cant get full deep breaths). I have talked to many pulmonologists and they told me that this can definitely be anxiety. First off.... Make sure to tell that to your doctor if you havent yet. Dont get scared, because it is likely nothing. But be sure to visit a doctor so you can be more calm.

The last pulmonologist diagnosed me with hyperventilation sindrome which means that because of stress and anxiety I just breath too much and it feels like I cant catch my breath all the time even though I get too much air. I do not feel like I am breathing too much. You dont even notice it. I cant know if you have that but it is possible so thats why you should get opinion from somebody professional. Try to get more C02 in your body. Exhale all air you got and hold it for 10-20s if you can. I can pm you more ideas on what you can do. Try meditation and yoga. Treating anxiety itself can also help. Talk to people your trust how you feel. There can also be some hidden problems you might not realize. In that case getting professional mental help can help even more with your symptoms....

Good luck ! Visit your gp first !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.