Breathing problems for 2 days.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I suffer from anxiety and get a anxiety attack one a week but for the past 2 days I've been having breathing problems worse than normal. It doesn't seem to effect me once I'm asleep but while I'm awake I feel more tired than normal and feel more nauseous than normal. I get a strange feeling in my chest aswell. I sometimes feel my heart skip beats or add beats and that causes me to panic more. I must of had atleast 5 attacks in 2 days. I've had paramedic out twice and both times they said I had 98-100 percent oxygen levels. My heart apparently is normal from the two ecgs they gave me during my vitals checks. While they were here I didn't particularly feel breathless but I do most other times. I must add I'm 21 male that has had shingles and appendicitis for about 5 months with on and off pain from my appendix waiting for surgery but cant until shungles is gone and i also live a seditary life style because of anxiety so I'm not psyically fit my heart goes to 170bpm from walking a mile or two. Resting heart rate ranges between 50 and 80 which scares me most of the times it's bouncing up and down alot between 60 and 80 although I have seen it go as low as 48 while seated I sometimes get cold but hot at the same time so I have to wrap up under my blanket but have to have a fan pointing on my face it's very strange. I also get nauseous and need to go for a peeor poop during these attacks also get pins and needles all over and experience shakey legs. I know most of these describe anxiety attacks but this low heart rate while being deconditioned and shortness of breath ect is really scaring me, do any of you get this with anxiety or appendicitis?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It's a no wonder you are anxious when you have shingles and waiting for an appendectomy. I get anxiety with fast heart beats, skipped beats, flutters etc. They come and go. Nausea, shaky legs, shortness of breath, pins and needles, tiredness, strange sensations in chest, hot and cold feelings, frequent urination etc - these are all typical anxiety symptoms, most of which I get too. Shingles is painful and can take a long time to heal which is no doubt contributing to your anxiety as well as the pain from your appendicitis. Hopefully you will feel better once these conditions pass and once you have had your op. If there was anything wrong with your heart the paramedics would have picked that up.

Try not to focus on your breathing, do something to detract from it, watch a funny movie, phone a friend, chat with a family member, keep busy. Anything to take your mind off it. That's what I do and it helps. ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.