Breathing troubles, severe panic and dry heaving

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

For the last few months my anxiety seems to have peaked, every attack is severe and I've developed slightly agoraphobia. But my biggest irritant is my breathing trouble, I feel as if I can't take meaningful and sometimes that I can't breathe at all but after a visit to the doctors and a blood test it's all been pointed at the anxiety. Anyone been or going through this, advice very welcome and have a nice day.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Oliver I have exactly the same problem were I cant breath I've had chest x rays ecgs all come back normal doctor diagnosed anxiety and depression but I still worry that it may be something serious as I get tingling in my hands and feet but told all anxiety related I get other symptoms as well but don't want to bore you with them you will be ok try not to worry I know its hard take catr

• Posted

Hello, Thankyou for responding

I have taken time out and spotted when I feel more short of breath and it's places of stress so I'm more confident it's anxiety, maybe this will help you

Take care

• Posted

Oliver

Try Breathing Techniques when you have problems, with breathing and Anxiety.

You will find explanations for above on the Internet, or your GP may be able too help.

You may also find above will also help your Anxiety

BOB

• Posted

Gp offered books and has re assured me my breathing is fine and quote 'better than my own'

I will try mediation and relaxing

Thankyou take care

• Posted

Hello everyone, just to update.

I'm much better after showing down and noticing I feel better on different scenarios, I also had an infection on my tonsils hence the difficulty in the first place but the anxiety is the main cause as I worried before, I've been checked by a few doctors and I know I need to calm down overall and it will go, take care friends

Oliver

• Posted

I've been feeling the same way...SOB and chest pains, when I try to take a deep breath in to take a full breath I stop short.

I've gone to the dr they did a chest X-ray and ekg per dr every thing is normal - it's anxiety.

It sucks coz it's worrisome and it doesn't help when we have this condition coz it makes it worse.

I've been feeling this way weeks before I had a major anxiety attack this past Wed night. And I'm still getting them, dr put me on Paxil which i started today, so I hope it will help.

Thank you for sharing your story!

• Posted

You have taken an important step, you've got checked and identified its anxiety.

Try a self help book?, I like spending a good hour taking deep breaths to relax

Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.