Breathless

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

Does anyone get or had the breathlessness. I just do the simplest thing or walk a small way and I find it feels like I have done loads of activity. This is hard for me as I was so fit but not anymore 😕

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi michele..funny you would say that...I getthat all the time....sometimes I can do alot no problem and sometimes the least thing I do I'm winded...then the heart goes to pounding  like over exsertion..feels like i'm constantly like sighing...me too was so fit and full of energy

• Posted

I get the air hunger thing too ,.,. much more notieable when trying to get to sleep at night :-(  this is hell.  Also problems with throat - 2nd ENT appt soon.  Also my neck has changed shape - I now have an adam's apple which is quite bizarre!!!!  And neck very grindy too.   Also tinnitus ... the list goes on ... hate all of these things and not one doc has said it's because of peri but it can't just be a coincidence that you hit age 50 and you start falling apart.

• Posted

I SO can relate to that !

A family doc told me to get ultra sound of my neck. It looked different to him.

He also brushed away the concept of hormon disbalance....saying how do the women in the village manage it.

• Posted

Hello menopolized - great name!

How interesting that you say that.  So did your neck feel and look different to you - or just your doc?  What did the ultrasound show?

I've had ultrasound on neck - this was before I kind of admitted to msyelf that i was actually growing an adams apple type thing, e.g. the front of my neck is more bony that it's even been.  Then a few months later I had a CT scan on that area, but scan showed nothing.  The bony neck has kind of crept up on me over a few months - prob 6 months - it's really bizarre.  Where do you live?  I'm in the UK, Scotland.

• Posted

Have you had your iron checked lately?  I used to get winded a lot. found out my iron was 4 and was supposed to be 47.  I've been taking it now for almost 3 months and am lots less winded.

• Posted

Thanks Deer

I'm having blood tests next week. I'll check they are doing the iron. What exactly were your symptoms before you had the iron supplement?

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Boy that is a hard one, I have been sick my whole life, and likely iron deficiant all my growing up years. My mother never took us to doctors unless it was an allergic reaction . . .

besides being totally exhuasted and constanly trying to puch myself, i was foggy headed, unable to concentrate or learn, passed out a lot, very low BP, depression.  the anemia I have is from celiacs. It is hard to tell where one ends and the other begins

• Posted

They are doing texts for celiac as well. I'm hoping they find something

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.