breathlessness after stopping alcohol

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have stopped alcohol about 4 days ago.. last two days severely shorrt of breath. I had made up my mind to kick the bottle and i did. in the past, i noticed when i have this breathlessness and i have 2 shots, thee feeling goes away. Now i feel like sh*t with the short of breath feeling but haappy no more leaning to alcohol

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I struggle with the breathlessness too and always used to drink to get rid of it but I think it's a vicious cycle . I decided to quit drinking 4 days ago too. My anxiety is fairly high and I would love a drink to numb those feelings but I know it won't work in the long run. I'm hoping as the days go on it will get better which I'm sure it will. Hope yours does too x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My suggestion is, we enjoyed fair weather.. so now lets ride out the storm together. 

My doc had told me to ensure i high intake of glucose and chocolates to get the alcohol out of the system soonest

I try to keep myself occupied since i am on leave, this helps reduce the effects when concentration is elsewhere

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've had a lot of headaches today and have upped my sugar intake. I'm Craving so much sugar I think because of the lack of it in not drinking alcohol. Thats interesting that the doc says that it helps get the alcohol out quicker. I feel so pleased that I have done it though . Really need to get through the next weekend . Definitely will keep myself occupied too

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done i you have started to pack up drinking 

Good Luck

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's anxiety,and you should talk to your doc about it. They can help. So great your kicking this,as it can be a hugh problem. Good for you. Many people who care on this site. Were all fighting something.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up