brief feeling of relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know that I am only on day two and that the flu hasn't fully built up in my system yet but did anyone else have moments in their first couple of days where you briefly felt back to normal and happyish? I had about an hour yesterday where I felt okay and then after work, I couldn't stop sobbing. Today, for about the last hour and a half or so I feel the same way. This morning, I was a wreck..couldn't eat, had to keeop taking deep breaths and right now I feel weird happy. I am still having thoughts churning and I know in the back of my mind that it is all going to come crashing down in a bit because that is how this medicine works at the beginning. I guess the point of this long post was to see if anyone else had these brief feelings of relief at the beginning but still feelings of negative/anxious thoughts and just waiting for the other shoe to drop and go back to being a basketcase.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was great the first week full of energy and a bit manic it was like a cloud had lifted but it doesn't last the next few weeks are the worst x

• Posted

It really didn't last. I got very antsy and had a small panic attack and have been crying off and on since. 😞

• Posted

Yes Hun, the first week can go either way smile
    • Posted

It ended up turning into a panic attack and I've been crying off and on since 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.