Bright red blood

Posted , 4 users are following.

A little scared as I have had old blood since my rectocele repair 11 days ago. But after bending I now have bright red blood and worried what I have. done 😢

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think you will have done any damage Kar. Are you in any pain or more more pain than before? 

• Posted

No pain but wondering if I have broke a stitch as was crouching more than bending x
    • Posted

Sometimes a clot forms around the suture and if you move awkwardly or bend it becomes dislodged which is probably what has happened in your case. If it's a one off don't worry but if you start bleeding heavily, pass a lot of clots or start to suffer abdominal pain then you must seek medical advice. 

• Posted

Thank u so much my love for your advice . I had a lie down and seems to be easing off now. Hubby has come home early from work as well. 😁 Little things even like feeding the animals seems hard work 😢

Your help and advice on this forum is priceless ... thank u X x

• Posted

You're welcome Kar and you have such a lovely husband coming home early.....he was obviously worried about you. This surgery does zap your energy so take things extra carefully over the next few days. Feet up and stay in bed if you feel like it.

• Posted

He is a police officer so it's not always possible but it's nice to have him home early. I will be resting lots x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.