Broken fibula

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my cast on for almost 7 weeks for a broken fibula just below the ankle , and I took it off my self . I've been walking on it fine just some swelling on the actual ankle , limping , soreness and a little bit of burning but no bruins that's a good sign right ??? I called the dr and left him s message to order me a boot . I've also been wrapping it with an ace badage and Iceing it . I need some advice ..... thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for my comment; but why would you need some one' advise if it seems to me (after reading your comment) that you not even waiting for your Doctors recomendations.

• Posted

Isn't that what this forum is for ??? I stated I called the dr . I just haven't heard back from him

• Posted

I just said I called the dr . I can't get x rays because I'm pregnant . And I still amhavent heard from him ....

• Posted

Hi, yes it's completely normal. I broke my fibula in Dec. and was in a cast for six weeks. According to my physio I had regained full mobility after five weeks without the cast but even then my ankle still swelled if I did too much. Apparently once your feet are the same colour when you get out of the shower the swelling has stopped. I'm still not quite there two months later but I am seeing improvement.

Good luck with your recovery.

Diane

• Posted

Why in the world would you take your cast off yourself? There are many horror stories about patients not following the drs instructions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.