Broken talus and 1 year later still cannot walk

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everybody! Hope smbd can help me, because I am almost desperate. I broke my ankle and to be more exact - the talus. It was December, 2015. Then I was immobilized for 4 months! Some doctors said it was so long and that it would be difficult to move my leg, but I listened my doctor and stayed with irons inside my ankle for 4 months.. Now, one year later, I barely touch the ground with this leg, because of the emormous pain I feel. I go to phisiotherapic every day... paid so much money, but the results are not good.

The problem, as I understand, is that because of long immobilasation I got fibrosis, so cannot make full movements. I received a proposal for Arthroscope. Can you help me with experience - will it be for a whole life or only for several months? Or with some other tips for treatment? Thank you

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Kaloyen...what's the difference between breaking a tales and a tibia and fibula ORIN?

• Posted

ORIF I meant? Hate that for you.
    • Posted

They are different bones in the ankle. I will try to attach a pic.
    • Posted

I do understand that. I was just curious if you injury was similar to mi e. I broke my tibia in 2 places as well as my fibula. Also I dislocated my ankle as well. The sugeon put in a plate and screw's also a pin. Do you have hardware too?

• Posted

Yes, I had a screw and pins. I stayed 4 months with them inside. The doctors remove them 9 months ago and I still cannot move my ankle... I got fibrosis. I avdize you not to stay so long time immobilized.
  • Posted

I am not a Healthcare professional. I am sorry. I don't have that information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.