broken tarsus and malleoli w/o surgery: how much pain is normal at cast change?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

to make the story very short i fractured my ankle 2 years ago. the fracture wasn't bad but when the cast came off i was still in pains. i never recovered and months later i had a ligament reconstruction, but the outcome wasn't that good.

abouth 8 months ago i overdid, we found stress fractures in my foot and put back in the cam boot. once again the pains told me that recovery wasn't complete, infact 2 months ago i refractured the same ankle due to osteoporosis!

i broke tarsal bones in the foot and the malleolis, again not bad breaks and no surgery.

the plastering process has been painful even with painkillers. but the long plaster proved very effective and my ankle felt so well in it that we decided to avoid useless movements. only yesterday (week n.6) i felt the cast is a bit loose and booked the cast change.

according to plan i have 4 more weeks short cast nwb and 5 weeks cast fwb.

i wonder if pain is inevitable, or is it a worring signal? this long plaster is so much better than the fiber cast i had last time. should i ask a new plaster if my ankle hurts?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.