Bronchiactisis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone out there know of any type of inhaler that helps with breathing

in humid weather in London  Normal puffers are useless

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Dont know if it will help but i am using the salt inhaler and it seems to help me. Might be worth a go.
    • Posted

Hello Sue I've  have heard of salt inhaler but never tried it, will look into getting one  Thank you
  • Posted

Hi Marion, I too seem too suffer more when the weather is humid as well but I have only been given a salbutamol inhaler for now. I've tried a few times when I feel breathless but it doesn't seem to do anything to help. I hope you find something that helps you breath more easily soon, take care & keep smiling :0)
  • Posted

Hello Marion,

the only thing I would think of is cortison (prednisolon). This makes you breath easier. But always consult your doctor. He should know what is best to take.... Take care, Christianne

• Posted

I use a Nebulizer machine with 2 different meds..a couple of weeks ago I had to call out the EMS because I could not breath and the center of my chest was really hurting...I thought I might be having a heart attack....They told me never use Puffers except in an emergency when you are out....They do not go deep enough to do any good...

• Posted

You are so right there, the puffers are absolutley no good for bronchiactisis.  My son suffers with summer asthma (due to bad air in London)  When he uses a puffer he gets immediate relief.  The puffer opens the airways, where as with bronchi the airways are blocked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.