bronchiectasis

Posted , 11 users are following.

does anyone on here still smoke who has bronchiectasis or have they ever smoked i would be interested to know

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi jojo 

Quit (twice)! First time I quit, about 15 years ago, I did it on holiday. The change of scenery made it much easier.

I actually took patches and gum with me, but hated them both. Being on a relaxing holiday without all of those places/people/times in the day when I would "normally" smoke definitely helped. A lot.

So the second time I quit (i started again about 10 years ago and then stopped about 7 years ago) I did the same thing. Waited for a change of scenery and did it then.

This time the quit was easier- I suppose I had done it once already. Had the occasional craving for a few years, but now not at all.

It's not easy. But it is doable. You'll also save a fortune. Maybe promise yourself a present from the money you save? Put a packets worth of money in the kitty each time you would buy  one? That's what a mate did - got lovely camera off  the back of it!

Good luck! Stay well

Sam

• Posted

I also smoked up until 12 years ago.   I must say that the physiotherapist said bronchiactesis comes from childhood illness  ie measles  Although there is no doubt that smoking must have aggrivated the condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.