Brostrum procedure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , 

I'm 21 years old , fell during my 19's and till now i havent recovered. its anterior talo fibular ligament tear. its since from that time im living with pain. cannot walk fast or long distances..i forgot what does running means..even if im not walking still my ankle pains a lot..cant manage without a ankle binder or anything else.. if im not wearing any bandage or stockings ,,it pains a lot ..wholeday i have to be with this stockings. Doctors have suggested for brostrum procedure , but have assured of only 90% guarantee. can anyone ho has gone with this surgery can tell your experience?? Im planning for that surgery .. i dont know whether i will be healed or still worsen than the present situation.. im in dilemma..please help me ..sad  i want to walk without the help of this stockings or bandages ,without pain..i want to walk like a normal person..will that come true for me..im depressed from 3 years..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's a long time to be in pain and so young to. Very debilitating I hope your surgery goes well and you get relief. Stay strong honey one day we will both walk normal. I haven't heard of the procedure your having but sounds like you've got to take the chance. Good luck. Xxjenni

• Posted

Yes plate and screws on fibula. 8 weeks on and I think after reading this forum I'm doing pretty good. Still painful but feeling grateful for small improvements every day. 

• Posted

Hi Mounica. I had that procedure three weeks ago. When is yours scheduled?. I will keep you posted how mine turns out. I had two ligaments repaired and a nylon plate for further stability put in. My ankle got broke doing exercise. Did not know till year later about the torn ligaments. . I did not have much pain unless I tried to walk in heels or unless I stepped on a stone or something. It was just that my ankle was so weak and unstable. You can private message me and we will do this together. I have lots to say about surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.