Brown patches on cheek

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have noticed a brown patch on my cheek bone. It is really unsightly. It doesn't itch, in fact when I touch it it is just skin, not thickened or scaly it's as if I've got a tan but just a patch not my whole face It looks like a bruise but brown. Anyone else experienced this please x

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna. I kinda sounds like hyperpigmentation. I am not a doctor so I m only speaking from my personal experience. I used to get brown patches years ago when I was on birth control. They were spreading on my forehead and cheeks. When I stopped the pill they disapeared. Some medications can cause this. If you are taking any pills check the side effects to see if that' s the reason for the patches. However a trip to the dermatologist might also be a good idea smile

• Posted

Hello.

I have brown patches on my face too.

I've had it since my 30's, I'm 50 now.

Layman's terms is " mask of pregnancy. "

I'm not sure if that is what you have.

Point it out to your Dr the next time you see him or if it is worrying you, go to see Dr about it.

Take care.

• Edited

Hi, its called Chloasma and it is to do with hormones. I have it on both sides of my forehead xx
  • Posted

Thank you for the replies ladies. I have endometriosis and I was put on the pill in June last year which is when I first noticed it. I stopped cerazette on Christmas Day 2016 as it was sending me a bit crazy, tearful, etc but I still have this patch. I'll pop to see my GP. Thanks again x

• Posted

Hi Donna I've noticed brown marks on my cheeks too I'm glad I read your post

• Posted

Glad I've been of help. It's not nice when you think you're the only one x

• Posted

Hello Donna I had this on my cheek bones years ago then it cleared then I got it on my forehead just patches and it's still there. I notice when the suns out I get it on my neck . Really not sure what causes it , thought it was just because I'm so fair skinned.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I've got medium toned skin and I don't burn but I have noticed whilst we've been having sunshine (rare in Manchester!!) that they are more obvious. I'm going away soon so I've packed the factor 50 face cream x

• Posted

The brown patches I have become worse if I am out in the sun. The heat even affects it and makes it more noticeable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.