Skip to content
Ad

Calcium Channel Blocking Agent

Also known as Diltiazem, Felodipine, Isradipine, Lacidipine, Lercanidipine, Nicardipine, Nifedipine, Nisoldipine, Verapamil

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Recently started taking Verapamil for migraines

Hi, I have had migraines all my life and have taken just about everything there is to take out there. Some work, but I can't handle the side effects.  I recently tried both propranolol and metoprolol (both really helped!), but my stomach was so upset and the heartburn was ridiculous - I coudln't...

Posted
  • Blood pressure tablets Felodipine

I decided to stop any form of blood pressure tablets.  I had been on lisinopril and chlopidogrel tablets before which gave me memory loss and severe fatigue.  I have been on felodipine for one week with the result that I suffered severe headaches whixch no painkiller would shift.  I am...

Last reply
  • Lercandipine

I have been taking 10mg lercandipine for about 6 weeks....about an hour after I seem to spend time going to the loo. Also I seem to have noticed that is affecting my tinnitus quite badly....anyone else having this. I also take low dose Bisoprolol 

Last reply
  • Amlodipine and Erection difficulty

Hi I am 39 year Old. I have recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. So my GP put me on Amlodipine 5mg. I am diabetic type 2 as well and taking Metformine 500 mg for that.  Now after being on this two medications I am experiencing some erection problems. I can always obtain an erection but...

Last reply
  • Constipation and Adcal-D3

Iv been prescribed Adcal-D3 for my osteoporosis, iv been taking for 4 weeks, and I have chronic constipation and fatigue. Is this just coincidence or has anyone else experienced this.

Posted
  • Stopping Lacidipine

Has anyone ever suffered from muscle fatigue/weakness whilst on Lacidipine? Has anyone ever managed to stop taking Lacidipine? Has anyone ever managed to stop taking Lacidipine and the muscle weakness clear up?

Last reply
  • Felodipine started having knee and joint pains

I startd having knee and joint pains in my legs. At night I found it very difficult to sleep because of the pain in my knees. I was on 5mg then went to 10mg and it seems that this has worsened my joint pains. Also find that when I am lying down at rest, I end up having to go to the toilet. I feel miserable...

Last reply
  • Calcium channel blockers

Hi ive been on dilzem for 8 years for high blood pressure atrial fibrilation and raynauds, suddenly there is a manufacturing problem so ive had to change tablets to another calcium channel blocker so far ive had 5 different tablets all with bad side effects can anyone suggest a calcium channel blocker...

Posted
  • Verapamil Univer 240mg Prolonged Release Capsules

I've just phoned Cephalon who deal with this medication and it has now been withdrawn!!  Do patients not matter!  I have been on the tablets since last May and keep getting atrial fibrillation fluttering with them, blood pressure drops and feel washed out.  I think it's shocking...

Last reply
  • Link between bp and exercise

Looking for studies on link between exercise and good health. I feel most subjectively exercise assists greatly in hormonal balance and with that as we age and hormones are progressively depleted; Exercise enhances hormone production where symptoms of many vascular related desease do not come about.

Last reply
  • Lercanidipine

Iam taking lercanidipine for my blood pressure and also taking levothyroxine for my thyroids.I feel depressed all the time.is there anyone who can probably tell me if these drugs course depression.am fade up

Last reply
  • Drug test for diladin

How long does deladin stay in blood for testing. I am on oxicodone prescribed. I had some old deladin (spell) . It was like 4 days to my appointment where I am tested each time. Doc said he sees deladin in test? Wtf.. took five #4 in two day period. Can opiate test differentiate specific opiate based...

Last reply
  • Varicose Eczema

Has anyone had varicose eczema ? This unbearable skin complaint started back in June with swollen ankles, assumed it was due to the warm weather, so every evening I sat with my feet/legs raised which helped. But, it seemed it was ongoing, when at the beginning of July put my back out bending, which then...

Posted
  • Lercanidipine not working

Hi been on lercanidipine 10mg for 9 days and my average reading is still 160/90 so it don't seem to be working. What should it go down to on these? I've got an operation next Friday and they will cancel if it don't go down. Will going up to 20mg help me

Last reply
  • Anyone else struggle with night sweats on Lercanidipine?

I've been prescribed Lercanidipine for high blood pressure. I've only just been able to get my thyroid medication and numerous other medications balanced enough to feel ok,and even stop overheating. Now put on these BP tablets, everything is thrown again, with night sweats, hot cheeks in the...

Last reply
  • doris97260

I have been taking lercanidipine for 2 months now and I have had headaches every day  they are like tension headaches. Does anyone have the same problem?

Last reply
  • Amlodipine and dental problems

I have been taking Amlodipine for two years due to high BP. For a similar period of time I have experienced dental problems and needed multiple fillings. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Last reply
  • Verapamil - extensive side effects

I started taking Univers prolonged release Verapamil 5 years ago when I had AF. I could not take beta blockers as I have asthma. After a successful cardioversion, my cardiologist told me that I would have to take it for the rest of my life. I'm 63. In April, this drug was no longer available. There...

Last reply
  • Diltiazem Side Effects

I have just recently in the last month had a huge increase in heart rate and blood pressure.  Tried beta blocker gave me insomnia.  Dr. just switched me to diltiazem.  I have been on it three days which isnt long but everytime I take it I get a escalation in heart rate and it isnt helping...

Last reply
  • Tildiem

just started taking Tildiem - Calcium Channel Blocking Agent and have been woken up several times with heart beats loud in ears and through the whole of my body, together with complete body aches. On eventually getting up feeling of being general unwell feeling. Has anyone the same effects, helpful advice...

Last reply
  • lacidipine

Hi are there any people who take lacidipine?  Ive been on this tablet for about 4 years and have recently been told by gastrologist that my constipation/ stomach issues are more than likely because of ccbs.  Was wondering if anyone else suffers similarly.

Last reply
  • Not able to get Verapamil prolonged release

I have been taking Univers Verapamil prolonged release capsules 180mg for 5 years after having an allergic reaction to an insect bite. I had a successful cardioversion 4 1/2 years ago. My pharmacy are currently unable to get these and I have been prescribed standard verapamil and will take a 80mg tablet...

Posted
  • blood pressure

My husband has been taking a generic lercanipine since march.Drs gave him zanidip(a one off).Has anyone taken this pill and had any side effects

Posted
  • for 6 wks been feeling abnormally unwell

Husband has been taking generic lercanidipine since march 2015,no problems whatsoever.BUT was given zanidip because that was drs had in at that time.Has been suffering with lightheadedness ,sometimes dizzy spells leading to on3/4 occasions  nearly passing out.Fells like he is on another planet or...

Posted
  • Lercanidpine and bad taste in mouth

Hi I have been on 10mg Ramipril for a couple of years but recently my blood pressure shot up causing palpitations so my doctor put me on 10mg Lercanidipine as well.  No serious side effects just flushing, constantly going to the toilet which are fine but I have noticed a bad taste in my mouth.  Has...

Last reply
  • Earache

i have been taking amlodipine for  blood pressure for a year - does anyone get earache while on this medication 

Posted
  • Anyone been prescribed Dilitizem

Hi been on a few sites but this has got me pondering I have had atrial fribullation for about 2 years now I was on the dreaded Bisropolol horrible drug causing many bad side effects anyway of fun hat now I'm still on Dabigatran but the last 5 months I've been put on Dilitiazem the same time I...

Last reply
  • Verapamil

Hi I'm 30 years old 3 weeks ago I woke up to a fast heart rate went to the er and first they put me on Metaprolol and it caused me to have severe panic attacks , dizzy and my vision was messed up and chest pains went to er a couple days later they told me it was just anxiety and heart burn. Then...

Last reply
  • Felodipine and Palpitations

I have recently been changed to Felodipine after many years on Co-tenidone. I have no other side effects except palpitations whenever I am sitting still. I get them for a few days and then have a few days free of them. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last reply
  • Felodipine burning legs

I get burning legs and flushing, it becomes relly painfull in the joints in my legs and takes a few hours to settle. I get night sweats as well.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.