Skip to content
Ad

Co-proxamol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Clinical evidence re. effectiveness of co-proxamol

Dr Munir Pirmohamed, Professor of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology at the University of Liverpool, in reply to an enquiry:- “Codeine is a pro-drug and it is converted in the body to morphine which is what leads to the pain relief.  This conversion is undertaken by an enzyme called CYP2D6, which...

Last reply
  • Co-proxamol Debacle!

MHRA IS A REPREHENSIBLE AND DISHONEST ORGANISATION AND HAS SCANT REGARD FOR PATIENT SAFETY & WELLBEING! My quest for answers regarding Co-proxamol began in June 2008 under a Labour administration and unfortunately nothing has changed with this government. None of my questions have been answered...

Last reply
  • Human rights act.....Co-proxamol

I am sure there are people like myself who will be in constand pain with the withdrawal of Co-proxamol for the rest of there lives.  That could mean more suicides In the UK.  There is no other painkiller that works for me after many many years with comparatively low pain threshhold that...

Last reply
  • Codeine

Hi my name is John 30 years old been taking codeine for over the past 6 years and come off them two weeks ago but wot a two weeks rollercoaster it's been .. I ended up taking them for no reason because it is a addiction ..I have experienced haveing a break down sweeting can't sleep feeling...

Posted
  • Distalgesic/CoProxamol: Price NOT Side-Effects!

I have recently been told the true reason for the withdrawal of Distalgesic was price and not concern regarding side-effects. If medicines with severe side-effects were to be banned then we would have very few left on the market. There is no doubt Distalgesic has side-effects but it is also very effective...

Last reply
  • Co-proxamol has stronger affects than codine?

I am disgusted at the forthcoming ban of Co-proxamol, as stated in previous posts, at the end of this year (2007). For years I have suffered from anxiety and cronic pain. My GP prescribed various meds over the years: beta-blockers, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics (!), benzopines etc; nothing worked....

Last reply
  • COPROX UPDATE March 2006 MRHA COPROX licence is not wit...

COPROX UPDATE March 2006 MRHA COPROX licence is not withdrawn until 2007. Withdrawal of co-proxamol The conclusion of the risk:benefit review was that co-proxamol should be withdrawn from the market on the grounds that the risks outweighed the benefits. It was decided to withdraw co-proxamol over...

Last reply
  • Bring back Co-proxamol

I took Co-proxamol for about 15yrs and it worked, I could do things, not too much but at least I could work. Now I'm in severe pain 24/7 sometimes not even knowing how I'm going to get up in the mornings. It's ok to protect the vulnerable people but what about those of us who have been made...

Last reply
  • Co-proxamol

Can somebody help !  I have been taking co-prox for a number of years except for a period when I was tried on other painkillers to replace co-prox. The other painkillers were unsuitable for one reason or another but after a chat to my GP I was prescribed co-prox again. Great news you might think...

Last reply
  • What can we do about Co Proxamol?

I'm new, so I don't know much about the campaign. I'm at my wits end trying to get Co Proxamol. Is there a link to a petition? Are there any foreign sites where we can buy them? Is anyone trying to help us?

Last reply
  • Having had a full knee replacement and waiting for the o...

Having had a full knee replacement and waiting for the other knee to be operated on. I was taking co-proxamol which enabled me to keep working full time. Now I have been given co-codamdol which has unpleasant side affects. It seems very strange to me that people are able to obtain illegal drugs on the...

Last reply
  • Co-Proxamol

An excellent drug used for two generations of my family and the only real pain relief drug for anything more than average pains like headaches. My mother before she died after being well on this drug for about thirty years started to decline when the drug was withdrawn, it acted as a boost to her system...

Last reply
  • The ban on co proxamol should be overturned asap, if som...

The ban on co proxamol should be overturned asap, if someone wants to die they will find a way, this ban will not lower the suicide rate and whoever made this decision has obviously never suffered from short or long term pain.This medication has been effective and suitable for years and the majority...

Last reply
  • Co-proxamol

[Hi everyone - I wrote back in January 2006 about osteo-arthritis and being able, at that time, to still being able to get co-proxamol. Well, I moved to France, and co-proxamol is not available here at all. My lovely doctor prescribes the best he can - Dextroprpoxyphene 30mg/Paracetamolm400mg. But...

Last reply
  • Re- instate co-proxamol. It is the most effective pain reli

I have a long history of back problems and arthirtis. I took co-prox for years with good effect. I have sinse been prescribed, codine, morphine and tramadol, all of which caused unsustainable side effects. Which inluded constipation,nausea and vomiting resulting in me being unable to dirve and to...

Last reply
  • I have been taking co-proxamol for 13 years to deaden pa...

I have been taking co-proxamol for 13 years to deaden pain from severe arthritis and it gives me a reasonable existance instead of an unbearable one. I set my alarm clock an hour before I want to get up and take 2 tablets with a glass of water. An hour later I can then get out of bed without the pain...

Last reply
  • withdrawal of co-proxamol

I think the withdrawal of co-proxamol is thoughtless and causing a great deal of unhappiness/pain/health problems with thousands of people. My mother had been taking co-proxamol for arthritis for over 20 years without any issues. After struggling to manage her pain with cocodamol, she was prescribed...

Last reply
  • Can anyone help me get co-proxamol for my mum?

My mum has taken co-proxamol for rheumatoid arthritis, now she cannot get it any more and has been given co codamol, which does not give her relief from her pain. She has asked her doctor for co-proxamol but he has told her it is not available. If anyone can tell me where I could get some from I would...

Last reply
  • I have used co-proxamol for the last 17 years for migrai...

I have used co-proxamol for the last 17 years for migraines - they are the only tablets that work. They make the difference between being completely debilitated and lying in bed for days on end with my head in a bucket, double vision, light sensitivity and excruciating unbearable pain, and being able...

Last reply
  • I have been on Co proxamol for 11 years and My GP has no...

I have been on Co proxamol for 11 years and My GP has now taken me off them and given me Co Codamol instead. I am at my wits end now. The Co Codamol do nothing for me, My GP upped the dose but they constipate me something terrible. I have been looking everywhere for a supply of Co Proxamol to no avail....

Last reply
  • Having suffered from ulcerative colitis for the past 42 ...

Having suffered from ulcerative colitis for the past 42 years and diagnosed with ankolysing spondylitis 12 years ago (I am 58 ) I found that Co Proxamol tablets were compatable with the tablets I take for the colitis ... having been told recently by my GP she was no longer allowed to prescribe for me...

Last reply
  • I have managed to get co-proxomal via Boots up until now...

I have managed to get co-proxomal via Boots up until now 9/8/06 they now say it is discontinued they have no info on named patient basis patients being prescribed this. Is there anymore info on being able to get this painkiller ? This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience

Last reply
  • Quite a lot of people cannot get on with other types of ...

Quite a lot of people cannot get on with other types of painkillers. I have found stronger type painkillers make me to drowsy or cause side effects. Co-proxamol can be prescribed until Dec 2007 , as time goes on you may have to search for which chemist will supply it. After Dec 2007 it looks like...

Last reply
  • Co-proxamol

:roll: I wrote before about the worry of not being able to obtain co-proxamol for osteo-arthritis, although I had bi-lateral knee re-placements 8 years ago and a deteriating right hip. Well things have now got worse. I now live in France and co-proxamol is not available here at all. The painkillers...

Last reply
  • my mother lived toll she was 88years of age with the aid...

my mother lived toll she was 88years of age with the aid of coproxamol for arthritis i also am on it for the same reason pain relief my gp gave me a lecture on how paracetamol was vastly underated my answer to that is why wasnt i prescribed paracetamol in the beginning??i was also told that it will soon...

Posted
  • I feel the same as everybody else that has written rega...

I feel the same as everybody else that has written regarding co prox they should not be withdrawn totally, and should be available to those of us that have used them for a long time, my life has changed so much not being able to find a suitable replacement without side affects does anyone know exactly...

Last reply
  • Like many of you I have been taking coproximal for many ...

Like many of you I have been taking coproximal for many years, my condition being related to the bones. After another operation in October last year I was forced to find alternative medication, all of which had very nasty side-effects.As I will be needing another op soon I wrote in desperation to my...

Posted
  • I have read all the comments from the patients that have...

I have read all the comments from the patients that have, and are still - those lucky enough - taking Co-proxamol. At the end of October I was prescribed two drugs, Tramadol in place of my co-proxamol with devastating effects, the nausea was awful and I stopped taking them altogther. Then I was prescribed...

Posted
  • I had co-proxamol replaced by Solpadol and the side effe...

I had co-proxamol replaced by Solpadol and the side effects (and addiction to codeine) have increased to such an extent that I am now on my 3rd day of 'cold turkey'. The nausea I got with Solpadol escalated to actual vomiting. I prefer pain to nausea/vomiting! Right now I feel like I have flu...

Posted
  • Having read the letters on this site I find that I am ha...

Having read the letters on this site I find that I am having the same problems as most of the other people, although I do at least have a superb medical practice who say that they do not agree with Co-Proxamal being withdrawn. It is just as easy to overdose on Paracetamol as it is with co-proxamol....

Posted
  • I have a sister in law suffering terribly because of the...

I have a sister in law suffering terribly because of the withdrawal of co proxamol, it is the most relief she has ever achieved for her disabling arthritis. I am the wife of a doctor and the mother of doctors, I have taken the drug for severe pain myself when needed, for many years, I have not found...

Posted
  • The situation of Co-proxamol withdrawal is a very woeful...

The situation of Co-proxamol withdrawal is a very woeful one and it seems immoral and unethical to allow people to suffer by removing this medication from their lives when there is no suitable alternative to be found. This drug has been in use for many years by millions and its effects and side-effects...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.