Skip to content

Cyclizine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Guest M

Cyclizine - Very Dangerous Side Effects

I was taken into hospital with severely painful kidneys, and given morphine as pain relief. Unfortunately this gave me terrible nausea so I was given Cyclizine via IV. Within 10 seconds I went into anaphalactic shock and couldn't breath unassisted. I had to be given adrenalin and was on oxygen

59 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • teresa37754 1

Cyclizine

Started cyclizine over a week ago 50mg 3 a day , heart racing , felt high , legs weak , suicidal thoughts , hands shaking & couldn't sleep or eat . Awful experience , got the out of hours dr to put me back on Metroclopride . Ringing my gp tomorrow .

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

cyclizine thought I was dying

had injection of cyclizine for nausea during recent hospital stay. Was asked if I was allergic but hadn't had it felt terrible, thought I was dying, heart rate up to 135 BP 200 even temp up to 38 Also felt reallysick Treated consevatively over the next 3 or 4 hrs, ecg and

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

Cyclizine is my wonder drug.

I have been ill and in & out of hospital for 10 yrs now. I finally had a diagnosis of Ulcerative Crohns Disease 3 yrs ago. My condition means that i constantly feel nauseaus & am always in pain & therefore i take cyclizine tablets 3 times a day, every day, & oral morphine most days.

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • jojo37 2

Cyclizine is so dangerous

My mum was admitted into hospital on the 16th of august, she was in because something was wrong with her liver ( nor life threatening ) she was moved from A&E onto an assessment ward, she was been quite sick, ( she is allergic to quite a lot of medication, anti sickness drugs been one of them)...

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Cyclizine used for anti sickness

I was prescribed Cylizine 50mg following surgery, I was nil by mouth for 2 weeks but then couldnt keep anything(including medication) down for more than 5 minutes. I was prescribed these tablets after 4 days of severe nausea and WOW they are a miracle drug!! Due to the nature of my surgery and the

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • glenna67303 2

Stop taking Cyclizine it's a Dangerous Drug!!

My previous post about Cyclizine, was deleted…But, If you feel your symptoms are due to taking Cyclizine or any other drugs, then you may wish to report it to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) via their yellow card scheme.  

• CandyKate 1

Cyclizine allergy

After reading all these posts about Cyclizine, I feel I should add my own traumatic experience from 7 years ago: (I now know that I am severely allergic to Cyclizine). Back in the ward after breast cancer surgery with two visitors at my bedside, I suddenly began to feel nauseous.  Unable to move

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sharon40290 2

"I HAD BAD REACTION TO CYCLIZINE ANY ONE ELSE?"

I went in Macmillion hospital for an Iron Infusion, as chronic anemic. I had the iron, and the then administors Cyclizine via IV, i was resting in reclined position on the chair. Suddenly almost not long after maybe 5 mins as if i was either having a heart or strok, i was struggling to breath

21 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • faye46777 1

Bad reaction to cyclizine so scared

Was given cyclizine for nausea. I have just had the most frightening two days of my life and I'm still feeling dreadful. I couldn't breathe, my chest felt like I had an elephant sat on it. My heart was constantly racing. Dry mouth throat and nose. Arms and legs twitching. Nausea, dizziness. Very

• yvonne67723 2

Yellow card

found the yellow card site. And put in my info. There are 2874 reports on there for cyclizine. And a couple of deaths ! From it. There are reason why certain people should not take it.? I think every body should know about the yellow card, then you can check before you take any medication. They

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • glenna67303 2

Cyclizine drugs - Very Dangerous Side Effects

I was prescribed cyclizine tablets for vomiting and nausea. I was admitted into hospital for a week in 2014 suffering side effects from taking Cyclizine. I am still suffering side effects. Below are some of my side-effects: Chorea, tremors, affecting the head,hands, feet  and face neurological

• yvonne67723 2

side effect of cyclizine

I have just had heart surgery . And given iv. Cyclezine. I suffer from dystonia. I believe you shouldn't be given it if you have neurological problem?  I had no coordination , trouble talking , walking, just kept seein circles, drinking gallons.. Notes on record, patient was disorientated, ha what

7 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • viki02823 2

cyclizine was the other thing that hellped me!

How interesting to see all these posts on trouble with cyclizine. It's one of the few meds that I can tolerate and also the only one that works on my vertigo! If i take meclizine, it does nothing for the vertigo and makes me incredibly sleepy- so much so its hard to arouse me from the tiniest

• Guest M

Cycllzine concern for my mum

My mum who is 85 has been on cycllzine for the last 3 days by tablet form, I poped in to see her yesterday and she was not well feeling very dizzy and saying her legs were weak I said stop taking the tablets and ring the Doctor ( only the differant thing she had been doing) The doctor has been to

• glenna67303 2

Cyclizine is a dangerous drug!

Cyclizine is dangerous and  I will not stop  warning people of the awful reaction to the drug company to own up their responsibility.  I cannot do this alone, I need all your help we have to warn  people of the danger of taking cyclizine.   Positive feedback on this?

• glenna67303 2

SHARE! Cyclizine is a dangerous drug!

I know I am going on and on about how dangerous Cyclizine is, but someone has to. I was admitted to hospital after taking Cyclizine  in October 2014.  I had the same symptoms as a stroke victim.   We should not be afraid to speak out after all we are the ones that are suffering.  We have to speak

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • michelle45491 4
  • trins27 1

Cyclising- awful reaction

After reading some of the posts on here I felt compelled to share my experience. I was given IV Cyclizine during a recent hospital admission with gastrointestinal issues. I couldn't keep anything down so I was administered the drug. Almost as soon as the drug had been injected I felt very unwell.

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • glenna67303 2
  • Guest M

THE MOST TERRIBLE EFFECTS CAUSED BY CYCLIZINE

Today my husband was given Cyclizine due to feeling nauseus - within seconds we knew there was something terribly wrong - he started to panic - he kept holding his head saying god, what is happening ??? His blood pressure shot up, the nurses had to try to weaken the affects as quickly as possible

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rachael32504 1

cyclizine reaction

I had surgery to remove a kidney stone last month, I was given cyclI zine to take home along with pain meds. After a day of taking the cyclizine tablets all of a sudden I felt really on edge and strange and had gone from being quite sedated from pain meds to breathing unusually. I had involuntary

• amanda88890 1

My husband was given Cyclizine yesterday.

It was administered intravenously . After less than 10 minutes, he experienced a frightening and vivid brightening of all the veins and capillarities in his arm which then caused the whole arm to blush red. At the same time, he completely lost his ability to speak. He was unable to call for help

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • creaturecomfort 1

Cyclizine Reaction - confused!

I'm 9 weeks pregnant, and today was admitted to hospital with severe morning sickness and dehydration. I was in a&e, and at this point, sick, tired, but generally in good spirits, no anxiety, and to be honest, pleased about being given fluids at last! I was then given a dose of Cyclizine in my IV, I'

1 reply 2 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Cyclizine Cardiac Arrest

I was in hospital in 2006 with severe illness. I had gotten up to go to the bathroom yet collapsed on the way there. I was given morphine as I was in extreme pain, however, i began feeling very sick, so cyclizine was put straight into my drip. Literally 20 seconds later, i remember feeling as if

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • PaulCookman 1

Cyclizine should be banned or strickter control of its use

This drug caused my Mum to be paralised and unable to walk for six months. The drug company managed to get a letter from the hospital saying they don't think the drug caused it so they dropped the investergation and would not look into it any further (As they ) The hospital has edited notes

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • RachaelN 1

serious reaction paralysed

After an operation l was given cyclizine by iv. Immediately l hallucinated then started fitting andbecame paralyzed for 1 hour including being unable to talk. I then had further attacks leaving me paralysed throughout the following 2 days. I then had several fits in the next couple of days and have

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

CYCLIZINE, NEVER EVER AGAIN !!

[I had a stomach operation in April, and on the day I should have left hospital, I felt sick.I was given this drug by an access in the back of my hand. The nurse hadn't even finished the jab, when I got a horrendous chest pain, followed by the most excruciatingly uncomfortable 4 1/2 hours of

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • 21jeffjeff 1
  • 21jeffjeff 1

ALLERGIC REACTION TO CYCLIZINE

I recently had Spinal Surgery on 5th May 2011 in a private hospital having had Posterior Cervical Foraminitomy to C3/4 & C5/6. The operation went well until l arrived in the Recovery Room. Then a nightmare of what movies are made about started. For 2 Hours the Recovery Team couldn't wake me

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Severe reaction.

A couple of years ago I was admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain. I was quite ill. After a month in hospital I was near enough back to my normal self, although after a day of vomiting , I was given a shot of cyclizine. Within seconds my heart started pounding and I fell unconcious.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

cyclizine

I am experiencing acute insomnia. Is this familiar to any other users of this medication

• Guest M

cyclizine whilst pregnant

I was given cyclizine after being rushed into a&e with sickness and dehydration. I was about 8 weeks pregnant at this point. I was released shortly after and was seated in the waiting room waiting for my taxi when I instantly became dizzy and passed out whilst I was sat down!!! I have since

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • steveg232 1

cyclizine

I found that this drug helped a great deal when given It does relax you a little too quick and gives the feeling of uphoria. I found that it stop's the sickness or feeling of sickness straight away, however in it's tablet for it's not as effective

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Cyclizine/Glaucoma

In May 2009 I was rushed to hospital with what was later diagnosed to be labyrinthitis. Cyclizine was given three times a day. I was there for ten days. The movement in my right eye was difficult but nobody seemed concerned about it. In the past I have been treated for increased eye pressure.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions