Skip to content

Epidermoid Cysts

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Guest M

Puncturing a sebaceous cyst

Can anyone advise if there are any major side effects of puncturing and thoroughly cleaning out a cyst hygienically? I've heard that this would most likely refill in time but I could live with that. I have one on the top of my head and am very concious of it but for cosmetic reasons I'm scared...

49 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ashley 78392 1

Cyst!!

Can some of you tell me your experience with cysts ?? My boyfriend has had a huge one for 4 years now and not it's forming a scab over and he just found another one behind his ear a couple months ago.. they haven't caused him any pain unless he bumps the one on his arm which is probably the size...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Sebaceous cysts on bikini line area

I have 2 sebaceous cysts on my bikini line area near my rear end. They have both gotten infected and I put ice on them to bring down the inflammation. When the infection was gone, I put hot compresses on them to help get them to form a head and when they started to drain, I helped by squeezing them....

30 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • issy60566 1

I have 8 cysts on my scalp...?

i am 22, female and I have 8 cysts on my head. More and more keep appearing and the ones that have been there for years are growing. I hate them... They get in the way and I am embarrassed to ever get my hair done at the hair dressers. I don't know what to do ! I have been told the nhs won't...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Chibisaurus 1

Sebaceous cyst removal - Aftercare help!

So, yesterday I went to the doctor and had my Sebaceous cyst from my scalp removed. (It was located on the front, left side of my scalp), It was pretty large. I have stitches that need to be removed in about 2 weeks.  So, This is my first real "surgery" and I'm looking for some...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

i'm 21 and have had 3 sebaceous cysts on my scalp for th...

i'm 21 and have had 3 sebaceous cysts on my scalp for the best part of my life now. It's been that long i can't remember when it was i found them!lol!:roll:I am in dilemma as to what to do with them They are getting quite big and i keep catching them when i brush my hair :yikes: and yea it...

23 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • dan17606 1

Absolutely Huge Sebayceous Cyst Removal yikes

Hey just found this site after searching and coming up with nothing. Hope someone here can help. If you took a baseball, cut it in half and mounted it onto my back shoulder you have a good idea how large my cyst was. It has since been drained but all the antibiotics I was on trying to get the infection...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • ande02349 2

Think I have an Epidermoid Cyst.

I've had this for many years. Probably since my early/mid 20s (38 now). Over the last few weeks it has become irritated and slightly sore to touch. Have made an appointment to get it checked out. Can anyone tell me if this is an epidermoid cyst?  

1 reply 2 votes Last reply
  • szilvia95050 1

Salicylic Acid 30%

Hi All, I have HS in my groin area for 15 years (Im 30 now). I started using Salicylic Acid 30% (the strongest) 1,5 yeras ago. Since then all of them started disappearing and i never had inflammation again. Even if some new one shows up after using the Salicylic acid the will go away in about 3-4 days....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • mcncheri 3

Does soreness mean a cyst is going away?

Okay, so I've had this benign cyst on my back near my shoulder for quite a long time now, almost a year. I'm 16, and at my last check my GP determined it wasn't cancerous or much of a threat. It was just...there. The past 2 days however, it's been....sore. Not painful, just sore enough...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • imelda16796 3

cyst

hi I too have a cyst in my grion area for 3 wks, it was 2 cm now much smaller , on antibiotics for 1 wk. dr squeezed some from it but i have myself bruised from squeezing, nothing coming from it, would it be ok to sterilize a needle myself and stick it in it, do not have a bath just a shower and have...

• stacey53097 1

Milia or Cyst?

I have a small whitish bump on my face (cheek) for about 6 mths. One derm said it was milia, she lanced it but didn't work.  Another derm said it was a cyst that I could leave it alone or have it removed.  I hate this thing it's noticeable makeup doesn't cover. ...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • neha65856 2
  • mcncheri 3

strange lump on neck, health anxiety

So it's been atleast a week now since noticing this lump. It's on my upper left side of my neck, right under my earlobe. At first, it was red and bug-bite esque, and it eventually faded to the pale color it is now. While I am under immense stress, I worry this could be something harmful to my...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • JRL 1

Home Removal Sebaceous Cyst

I successfully removed what my doctor said was a Sebaceous Cyst by applying Aloe Vera multiple times a day and lightly rubbing it in so it penetrated. It took about three weeks. At first it seemed to have little effect but gradually the cyst began to decrease.  The rubbing hurt a little at times,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • turvell 3

Sebacious Cyst On face On Cheek Bone

hi had this massive lump on my cheek bone for years. my doc told me it was a sebacious cyst. and to leave it. but its pretty horrible and so disfiguring. eventually he gave in and said he would burst it. which he did. hurt like hell and i looked great again. it came back 3 week later just as big as...

• deepika 64395 1

After lancing a cyst

I had a cyst under my right armpit which the doctor lanced last Saturday. I have had a packing change in it twice. It hurt alot, but yesterday the doc said I dont need to pack it anymore. Its been 7 days all together, and its still draining, very little pus mixed with blood. Some of the skin around the...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • olivia1594 2
  • jennifer23287 1

Cyst on eyebrow, growing rapidly.

About 18 months ago I developed a small bump on my eyebrow (several mm in diameter) and went to see a doctor. They said it was a sebaceous cyst and sent me on my way. It went away and I didn't think about it again but it came back (at the same size) about 4 months ago.  I didn't go and see...

• han1994 1

Desperate to get infected cyst on chest removed, need advice!

I've had a sebaceous cyst (which is inflamed and red) on my chest for at least 3 years or so. It's steadily got worse over the past year or so and I want to get it removed as it's so unsightly and sometimes hurts/itches, but don't know how to go about it without paying for a private service....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sally13122 1

Home care remedy

I have been getting Cysts on my inner thigh on and off for 7 years or so, and wanted to share what i have been using on them that has been excellent they go away within a few days, I bought some soap called Neem soap with tumeric from a health food store a few months back and now use on a daily basis...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Thermos 1

Removal of the cyst

Just couple of weeks had my cyst surgically removed. But 3 days back noticed that it was slight bleeding and yellow pus like So went to doctor and he said it's an infection and put me onto Keflex table for seven days. But does one think its needs to be bursted and get the pus removed or what should...

• Guest M

Sebaceous cyst on face

Hey everyone Just wanted to share my 'experience' of having a cyst. I have had severe image problems most of my life (I'm currently 19, soon to be 20), and at the end of last year was diagnosed as being body dysmorphic. Literally about 4 days later, I had a black, small flat dot come up on...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ambee29651 4

I think my son has a cysts on. His shoulder kn the muscle

I think my son has a cysts on his shoulder muscle at top anyone jo anything about these I think it's a Unicameral bone cysts. Guessing one doctor said it was muscle cuz he uses that arm all time and other said could me muscle or tissue or cysts I'm. Confused he's 5 nearly 6 very active boy

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tennessee94 1

Cyst just will not heal, advice or tips definitely needed !

Hi I have no idea if i'm posting in the right place and i'm really sorry for the too much info but i'm getting desparate ! Firstly I had a cyst type thing sort of on my tailbone, I had struggled with it for years but I seem to have (fingers crossed) got it under control for now. During...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • kathy griffin 1

Healing time on a lanced and drained cyst

im hoping somone could shed so,e light on this for me, I had a cyst cut open, drained and packed out three weeks ago today. I've been going to the go ever other day to get it Redressed and packed out again which is a nuisance as it feels as though it's been going on for so long. The first eight...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • donna10297 3

is there anything you can put on a sebaceous cyst which has burst?

I have a sebaceous cyst on my labia and this had swelled up and developed a major infection so bad I ended up in A&E which they gave me antibiotics for, however after coming home the cyst burst and lots of horrible stuff came out, now its not as painful but still stings and is very tender, I am awaiting...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Alston 1
  • richard78254 1

worried about further infection

over the years i`ve had many cysts that have become infected and i normally rupture them and remove the puss, but i have one now at the top of my leg and when i tried to rupture it last night i felt it burst but it burst internally rather then external, and since then i have been getting slight fevers...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • ryan110 1

Had cyst removed in january and still scab

Hi All had one of these removed on my back in january and there is still a scab and the ehaling seems to be taking awhile. Just wondering if this is normal as theres no sign infection or anything painful or anything. thanks

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • emma75525 1

Sebaceous Cyst

I have cyst on my breast bone just between my breasts. I visited my GP as it changed form and shape, i.e. softened and got larger. I am also getting pain in my left armpit but didnt get the time to tell her this as i was in and out quite quickly. She squeezed the cyst and a horrible smell came out with...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • juliachins 1

cyst removal

I have a cyst on my forehead and went to see my gp about having it removed. He referred my to the NHS but said it was cosmetic so they may refuse to remove it. Since then, I have noticed an awful smell coming from it, almost like an off cheese smell (sorry for tmi) anyway, Its not weeping but is making...

• giulia93 1
  • bill3 1

Cyst removal, where? South West

I visited my GP and he told me that i have a small Sebaceous cyst on my head, it is about the size of a pigeon pea, not very big I know, but as a bald bloke it feels like a conker! I asked him if it could be removed but he said that its cosmetic and as such would not be carried out on the NHS, I am...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Rik1087 1

sebaceous cyst

Good morning, for years ive been suffering from these types of cyst's. Usually they are manageable, and are just hard red lumps under the skin, eventually a head appears, and i pop them, they always appear on my inner thighs. All that comes out is a small amount of blood and puss, and they eventually...

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.