Skip to content
Ad

Epilepsy

Also known as Lamotrigine for Epilepsy, Phenytoin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Dance show

I've been dancing since I was three (I'm now 16) and I was diagnosed recently with epilepsy. However, next year, it is one of the dance group's bi-yearly show, where we all take part in various routines. My EEG didn't show photosensitivity, however, I thought under stress, heat etc, it...

Last reply
  • Seizure/Epilepsy fears

Hi, I am hoping that people can hear my story and help me which I am really struggling to describe so please bear with me. Basically ever since I have know I have been suffering with this fear which has plagued me for most of my life. I am 37 and for the last five years things have gone progressively...

Last reply
  • Help me please things going worse

Terrible day so far just had another few bad experiences this morning with this. Had the deja vu, random flashbacks but the weird intense fear just come over me which makes my vision go funny and hazy/cloudy. It can last for about 5/10 seconds before it starts to fade and I can rememvber the whole experience...

Last reply
  • epilepsy and sertraline

my partner who has epilepsy has just been prescribed sertraline 50mg for her depression she also takes keppra lamotragine and gabapentin for her epilepsy and fibromialgia today she took the first sertraline then after been free of seizures for 13 days in a couple of hours had a big seizure when she went...

Last reply
  • Autonomic Seizures

Hi At the end of November , I stupidly accepted a piggy back after a few beers.... unfortunately I went straight over the top smacked my head on the floor. I don't remember what happened before the incident and I think I may have briefly blacked out. The following day I went to the hospital , had...

Last reply
  • does this sound like epilepsy?

hi all. i am 30. female. healthy. the past 6 months ive had twice some concerning symptoms. my vision on my right eye blurred for a while, and it had a yellow tint. and then i had nausea(now i dont know if thats relevant or it was because i panicked). ive had mris, ct scans, heart tests, blood tests....

Last reply
  • epilepsy due to hippocampal sclerosis

I was wondering if anyone on here has got epilepsy due to hipocampal sclerosis and if so how does the condition affect you? I would be interested in this because a friend of mine has been asked to consider neurosurgery to treat this condition.

Posted
  • Rash with Carbamazepine, what's next?

Hi, I would like to know if one experiences rash due to carbamazepine, according to NICE guideline should him/her be changed to phenytoin? Or other medications or lowering Carbamazepine's dose?

Last reply
  • Was this a Seizure?

Hello there, last night i had a truly terrifying experience and wanted to gauge whether others think was a seizure and what my next course of action was. For context i am 44 year old father of 2, keep fit, probably drink too much and probably slightly overweight. I also had 2 strokes 10 and 8 years ago,...

Last reply
  • After seizure experience

Hi everyone, I don’t know anyone can help, i suffer from Epilepsy and i have Tonic Clonic seizures, which means i black out and i shake. After i come around after a seizure, i feel very sick and my head is very painful. I understand i would feel a sense of exhaustion but sometimes...

Last reply
  • Did I have a seizure?

Sorry I'm new to this but I'm looking for opinions on what happened to me the other day. I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. I have spoken to my dr about this and he thinks it is just anxiety. As this has happened before. Yesterday I was sitting down with some friends...

Last reply
  • Standalone 'Auras' - shared experiences?

Hiya,  Background info: I was diagnosed with epilepsy 10 years ago, and it was successfully controlled my Lamotrigine (i.e. no seizures) up until a few months ago. I have since needed to increase my dose as I suffered several grand mal seizures whilst out and about.  Something else I continue...

Last reply
  • I've have epilepsy/seizure

Hello, I've epilepsy and it all started when I'm 20 and I'm 36 years old now. no history of epilepsy in our family and neither did I had an accident or head injury. when it newly started, just happened and stopped so no body suspected epilepsy. months later it started again and I've been...

Last reply
  • Lamictal - Seizure?

Hey all so i was diagnosed with epilepsy at 8yrs old i am now 21 and last year i had some health issues which led me to change my medication from Epilim to Lamictal its been about 3 months now since i have fully swapped over to the new drug Lamictal or Lamotragine (same thing) and the other night when...

Last reply
  • Recently told I had epilepsy as a child ?

Hi, during a consult with the cardio a couple of weeks ago, he was going through my records and said that in 1996 I had epilepsy, EXCUSE ME, I am 57 and no one has ever told me that before.  He was really busy so did not press him for info but I have requested a copy of my notes.  I was in...

Last reply
  • Conceiving at 36 with Diagnosis of Nocturnal Epilepsy

Hi There, I was diagnosed 5 years ago after a cluster of 40 Nocturnal Grandmal Seizures in a row and admitted for 5 days in hospital. After coming to I was also paralysed on my right side for 48 hours which was touch and go... I have come through that now and had no seizures since (5 years) as I am medicated...

Last reply
  • Still in hospital with 22 month year old after a week

Just some general pointers if possible please don't know where to start. Currently laying in hospital next to my son who 8 days ago had a seizure lasting about 30 seconds. Took him to A and E who at first thought this was a pain reaction as he had a virus and ear infection. Went home with anti biotic...

Last reply
  • What are these symptoms?

I have a cousin, teenage girl that had a seizure the other night. She blacked out and her family had found her unconcious before she started having a seizure. She had gotten a bad rash that started forming from her chest up which this rash later turned into darker pinpoint red dots instead of hives....

Posted
  • 2nd Seizure - Advised Medication Levetiracetam

Hello, looking for any advice or anyone who has been in a similar situation. My partner has just had his 2nd unprovoked seizure at night and has been advised to start medication. He has no other co-morbidities and is in great health, these 2 have just happened out the blue (and I realise it's likely...

Last reply
  • Pirepheral neuropathy

Since starting keppra in the last part of 2015 to take harvoni for hepatitis c, I started coming down with some discomfort in my feet. I didn't think much of it but later on this started to get worse. I saw several doctors and finally got to see someone in neurology and they did an eng test for nerve...

Last reply
  • Scared I have temporal lobe seizures

For the last month or so I have been experiencing strange dream flashbacks but I can't quite put my finger on these dream recalls it's abit like deja vu but not, anyway I also get slight nausea with this and a sort of adrenaline rush, the whole episode will last no longer than 30 seconds and...

Last reply
  • Any thoughts/advice re new medicatio

Hi I’m hoping anyone may have any thoughts or advice on my current situation. After a car accident in 2014 – which I had not apparent injury’s but 2 weeks later I collapsed and after 3 week hospitalised – EEG’s EEG’s CT’s, MRI’s and finally a lumber puncture which all had no apparent results or reasoning...

Last reply
  • Epilepsy or some other cause

Hi, Past Medical Issue : I had migraine at the age of 15 to 20. I am 34 and I do not have migraine at all. At Present : From the age of 21, I started fainting down unconscious. This only happens as soon as wake up, brush my teeth and I head to the Kitchen. If I hold a spoon or plate, it falls down...

Last reply
  • Vagus nerve injury - can it lead to migraine from flashing light?

Aged 36 years, while unconscious, I was dropped onto my front from a height of about 4 foot. Consequently, a disc was seriously prolapsed in my neck (C5/6), Right jaw joint dislocated, likewise Right shoulder. For the first year, migraines resulted whenever I was exposed to flashing lights, even for...

Last reply
  • I am currently taking Epilim Chrono (900mg) and Lamitrog...

I am currently taking Epilim Chrono (900mg) and Lamitrogen(125mg)which was prescribed by my neurologist and it seems that i appear to be losing my memeory and it is getting worse, I keep forgetting things that happen at work (say 3/4 days earlier), also I have never been early regarding going to bed...

Last reply
  • Lamictal and decongestants

Hi all, I do not suffer from epilepsy, but could only figure out how to post a forums about lamictal here. I used lamictal as a mood stabilizer. I am suffering from severe head congestion. Mucous, sinus pressure, headache, ear problems (all of it!) I have looked things up about lamictal and decongestants...

Last reply
  • Help for 8 year old

New to seizures, Eight year old child had a 6 hour seizure, twitching arms and legs, Typically what most would think of as a seizure. This is at least The second one he has had. His mother refused to give him the Meds. He had trauma at birth causing cerebral palsy. From my Reading, I believe...

Last reply
  • Night seizures or sleepwalking?

my daughter is 10, ige epilepsy, photosensitivity, abscence seizures. She takes 25mg lamortogine twice daily. she has episodeswhere she sits up in the night, she can answer questions, but is not with it. She will the pick and pick and her covers probably lasting less than a minute. does this sound like...

Last reply
  • Epileptic seizure or something else?

My brother (22 years old; 180 cm, 6 feet; 90 kg, 198 lbs) and I returned in the gym after 2 weeks absence due to flu. He ate around 5 hours before the gym. He lifted weights of 60 kg (132 lbs) and this weight is not something that he usually lifts. He felt dizzy, was very pale and was breathing shallow...

Last reply
  • Eyelid Myoclonia - I can't find ANY explanations

Hey, I am a 20 year old female and am searching for answers regarding eyelid myoclonia without absences. 4 months ago I developed a series of symptoms and was diagnosed with vestibular migraine. About a month ago, I developed eyelid myoclonia and no doctor I see has any idea what is going on and just...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.