Skip to content
Ad

Epilepsy

Also known as Lamotrigine for Epilepsy, Phenytoin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Epileptic Vertigo

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me some details on their experience of epileptic vertigo. I've had reoccurring 'quick spins' over periods of years, each attack lasting seconds and recurring after months of years to happen a few times for about a week. It doesn't seem...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Did i just have a siezure?

This is going to be a run-on sentence because I'm using my microphone. Last night I was helping a friend trim his plants at night using green LEDs. When we came back inside to take a break I suddenly felt cold and my body was twitching as if I was shivering. All of the muscles in my body we're...

Last reply
  • Horried side effects of Epilim

My mum (78 yrs old)has had her epilepsy medication changed from Phenobarbitol and Epanutin - (GP cock up- too long to go into here).  To Epilim which she started last Autumn.  Since then my mum has developed the following symptoms: ​Deafness; hair loss with new growth being curly; increase...

Last reply
  • Epileptic Vertigo

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me some details on their experience of epileptic vertigo. I've had reoccurring 'quick spins' over periods of years, each attack lasting seconds and recurring after months of years to happen a few times for about a week. It doesn't seem...

Posted
  • Myy Myy

Seizures in childhood

Hi. I recently had a seizure like absence seizure although I have not diagnosed with epilepsia. Anyhow remembered that when I was between 7-10 years old,I used to get seizures (I am now a bit over 40). These happened in the mornings when brushing teeth, eating or putting clothes on. It wasn't anything...

Last reply
  • Lamotrigine feeling weird in the morning

Hello  I have been taking lamictal for about a year and a half with no problems but recently I have been feeling slow and out of it in the mornings until a little while after I have taken lamictal does anyone else have this problem?   Please help I cant live like this Thanks! 

Last reply
  • 12 year old daughter with fit type symptoms

Hi I'm not sure if I'm in the correct discussion board here but I need some advice please. My 12year old daughter has just had some type of weird jolting and tensing up movement. She is otherwise well and has no other illnesses. She was sat next to me on her mobile phone and all of a sudden her...

Posted
  • intense anxiety attack recalling a dream randomly

So I'm gonna just jump into it I've had bad anxiety for a very long time now but haven't gone to get any kind of medications and have pretty much just been trying to deal with it. But lately it's been worse. Randomly out of no where it will start to feel like I'm going to have an...

Last reply
  • We are getting mixed messagesp

Our 16 yr old son had his first possible seizure 5 months ago.  We found him face down on the floor mubbling and disoriented and he had trouble breathing in his bedroom at 7am.   He said only thing he remembered was the left side of face was numb and a loud noise in his ear and he passed out....

Last reply
  • Seizures and having children

My husband and I are planning our family right now and I have gran mal seizures and am on 4 anti convulsants-carbamazepine, topamax, lamotrigine and epival and the risks the first two carry to the baby are scaring both of us very much. We're just so confused as to what we should do? Does anyone have...

Last reply
  • Conceiving at 36 with Diagnosis of Nocturnal Epilepsy

Hi There, I was diagnosed 5 years ago after a cluster of 40 Nocturnal Grandmal Seizures in a row and admitted for 5 days in hospital. After coming to I was also paralysed on my right side for 48 hours which was touch and go... I have come through that now and had no seizures since (5 years) as I am medicated...

Last reply
  • Pregnancy and Lamotrigine

Hi all. I am considering pregnancy. I am currently taking 100mg twice daily of Lamotrigine. Does anyone know of any risks or complications with pregnancy and this medication? Thank you x

Last reply
  • Having a baby

i'm reaching out to see if I can receive some advice with epilepsy. My partner and I are expecting our first baby, he has seizures on a none regular basis one of which has left him with a large scar covering half of his side requiring him to have skin graphs. recently he has stared to have them more...

Last reply
  • Seizure/Epilepsy fears

Hi, I am hoping that people can hear my story and help me which I am really struggling to describe so please bear with me. Basically ever since I have know I have been suffering with this fear which has plagued me for most of my life. I am 37 and for the last five years things have gone progressively...

Last reply
  • Dance show

I've been dancing since I was three (I'm now 16) and I was diagnosed recently with epilepsy. However, next year, it is one of the dance group's bi-yearly show, where we all take part in various routines. My EEG didn't show photosensitivity, however, I thought under stress, heat etc, it...

Last reply
  • Help me please things going worse

Terrible day so far just had another few bad experiences this morning with this. Had the deja vu, random flashbacks but the weird intense fear just come over me which makes my vision go funny and hazy/cloudy. It can last for about 5/10 seconds before it starts to fade and I can rememvber the whole experience...

Last reply
  • epilepsy and sertraline

my partner who has epilepsy has just been prescribed sertraline 50mg for her depression she also takes keppra lamotragine and gabapentin for her epilepsy and fibromialgia today she took the first sertraline then after been free of seizures for 13 days in a couple of hours had a big seizure when she went...

Last reply
  • Autonomic Seizures

Hi At the end of November , I stupidly accepted a piggy back after a few beers.... unfortunately I went straight over the top smacked my head on the floor. I don't remember what happened before the incident and I think I may have briefly blacked out. The following day I went to the hospital , had...

Last reply
  • does this sound like epilepsy?

hi all. i am 30. female. healthy. the past 6 months ive had twice some concerning symptoms. my vision on my right eye blurred for a while, and it had a yellow tint. and then i had nausea(now i dont know if thats relevant or it was because i panicked). ive had mris, ct scans, heart tests, blood tests....

Last reply
  • epilepsy due to hippocampal sclerosis

I was wondering if anyone on here has got epilepsy due to hipocampal sclerosis and if so how does the condition affect you? I would be interested in this because a friend of mine has been asked to consider neurosurgery to treat this condition.

Posted
  • Rash with Carbamazepine, what's next?

Hi, I would like to know if one experiences rash due to carbamazepine, according to NICE guideline should him/her be changed to phenytoin? Or other medications or lowering Carbamazepine's dose?

Last reply
  • Was this a Seizure?

Hello there, last night i had a truly terrifying experience and wanted to gauge whether others think was a seizure and what my next course of action was. For context i am 44 year old father of 2, keep fit, probably drink too much and probably slightly overweight. I also had 2 strokes 10 and 8 years ago,...

Last reply
  • After seizure experience

Hi everyone, I don’t know anyone can help, i suffer from Epilepsy and i have Tonic Clonic seizures, which means i black out and i shake. After i come around after a seizure, i feel very sick and my head is very painful. I understand i would feel a sense of exhaustion but sometimes...

Last reply
  • Did I have a seizure?

Sorry I'm new to this but I'm looking for opinions on what happened to me the other day. I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. I have spoken to my dr about this and he thinks it is just anxiety. As this has happened before. Yesterday I was sitting down with some friends...

Last reply
  • Standalone 'Auras' - shared experiences?

Hiya,  Background info: I was diagnosed with epilepsy 10 years ago, and it was successfully controlled my Lamotrigine (i.e. no seizures) up until a few months ago. I have since needed to increase my dose as I suffered several grand mal seizures whilst out and about.  Something else I continue...

Last reply
  • I've have epilepsy/seizure

Hello, I've epilepsy and it all started when I'm 20 and I'm 36 years old now. no history of epilepsy in our family and neither did I had an accident or head injury. when it newly started, just happened and stopped so no body suspected epilepsy. months later it started again and I've been...

Last reply
  • Lamictal - Seizure?

Hey all so i was diagnosed with epilepsy at 8yrs old i am now 21 and last year i had some health issues which led me to change my medication from Epilim to Lamictal its been about 3 months now since i have fully swapped over to the new drug Lamictal or Lamotragine (same thing) and the other night when...

Last reply
  • Recently told I had epilepsy as a child ?

Hi, during a consult with the cardio a couple of weeks ago, he was going through my records and said that in 1996 I had epilepsy, EXCUSE ME, I am 57 and no one has ever told me that before.  He was really busy so did not press him for info but I have requested a copy of my notes.  I was in...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.