Skip to content

Epilepsy

Also known as Lamotrigine for Epilepsy, Phenytoin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Anxiety or epilepsy?

I have terrible health anxiety and posting this might make it 100x worse. I have been experiencing this weird sensation for 8 years now. It first started when I was playing laser tag at 3am hooped up on caffeine. All of a sudden I felt like I was in a dream and that came on as fast as a bolt of lightning....

Last reply
  • ESA and PIP Assessments

The majority of daily paper's over the weekend had articles in them regarding the true cost's to the tax payer for the assessments and processing of claims for both ESA and PIP . The true cost's which the DWP was forced to release under a FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST from a parliamentary...

Last reply
  • Bad Acne because of epilepsy meds??

Hi all!! I take Lacosamide & Pregabalin, for the last 12 months I have terrible acne on my face (particularly my jaw line and neck) The spots are like cysts and are very painful and very ugly!! As well as this I have gained a crazy amount of weight (3 stone in 3 months) I rarely go out now as I'm...

Last reply
  • My Stupid Poem to cheer us up xx

I am seeing A Doc on Thursday to talk about my pills Am I taking too many?, and what if I get the chills... (well it ryhmed) I do hope you all feel well and seizure free for years to be Remember we are in this together like all of you and me ! Now I know they make us scared and we feel rather sh*tty...

Last reply
  • Very very very mild epilepsy at 67

Hi chaps, during my continuing search for a name to put against my problems I came across a tenuous match with epilepsy but I have nothing compared to most people with the problem. I have had 3 unexplained blackouts over the past 5 years 2 during sleep 1 when awake, NO tongue biting twitching etc I just...

Last reply
  • Unusual Convulsions when relaxing

Hello, I have been struggling to figure out a condition where my body convulses with the epicenter being the stomach and lower back when i try to relax. It prevents sleep. Have you ever comes across this condition? Thank You, 

Posted
  • Tonic Epilepsy with Cardiac syncope?

This is a long one, hope someone has come across it before. I started blacking out as a child, aged around 11 years old. Had various neurological investigations, EEG, CT, bloods, 24 hour ECG, 7 day ECG, can't remember the rest but nothing came up positive except an elevated bilirubin level. Eventually...

Last reply
  • DOCTORS LAUGHED AT ME

IM ANXIOUS 24/7. hi guys im 21 years old i had epilepsy when i was 6 my doctors laught at me whenever i tell them about my disease hope someone can help me so whenever i hear sudden sounds or suddenly see someone i fall on ground like a tree and starts shaking for like 20 secs. so when i fall my...

Last reply
  • CLOBAZAM/Frisium

I am doing a study for my own use on clobazam/frisium.  wondered if anyone had had any problems with it and if so what were they and how did you cope. Thank you

Posted
  • CLOBAZAN

I was wondering if anyone takes or has taken clobazam and if it affected them . Also how did you cope with this drug? Did anyone stop taking it and if so why and how did you taper off? Many thanks how if 

Last reply
  • Epilim300

i have had tonic clinic seizures since I was 15 now in my 60s but am now experiencing really bad side effects: weakness, headaches, tremors, bruising, balance issues, just wondered if anyone has suffered the same thanks

Posted
  • Lamotrigine (Lamictal) and the Ketogenic Diet

I've recently started on the ketogenic diet for health reasons not pertaining to Epilepsy. I've been taking 150mg twice a day (one at 6am, one at 6pm) as per normal since starting the diet. I have noticed that I get a little 'aura' about an hour after taking my medication since starting....

Posted
  • Please help

So here goes. I suffer from anxiety and i am pn a low dose of fluoxetine. Alot if my anxiety is health related and lately i have been waking during the night having these ‘episodes’ i basically feel terrified i have palpitations and feel like i cant swallow i feel like i am about today. I have read aboit...

Last reply
  • Is this epilepsy? Please take a look.

My mom had a seizure about a year ago.  She just had another one. She was on Keppra and then her doctor told her to no longer take it. She had the seizure when she was not taking the medicine. She does have high blood pressure. She does have diabetes. She went to the hospital, they checked her EEG,...

Posted
  • Has anyone had success with a child using zonisamide?

I have a 9 year old daughter with drug resistant absence epilepsy and she has tried about 6 anti-epileptic drugs without any success and have also done the ketogenic diet.  We are now being encouraged to try zonisamide and I am worried about potential side-effects.  It would be great to hear...

Last reply
  • 3years seizure free until this week

Hi I have been taking lamotrigine for the past 3 years, with no problem until this week when I had a seizure.  I take lamotrigine the dose has remained the same and nothing has changed.  Does any one have experience of this?  I was only diagnosed 3 years ago and now do not know what I...

Posted
  • Horried side effects of Epilim

My mum (78 yrs old)has had her epilepsy medication changed from Phenobarbitol and Epanutin - (GP cock up- too long to go into here).  To Epilim which she started last Autumn.  Since then my mum has developed the following symptoms: ​Deafness; hair loss with new growth being curly; increase...

Last reply
  • Did i just have a siezure?

This is going to be a run-on sentence because I'm using my microphone. Last night I was helping a friend trim his plants at night using green LEDs. When we came back inside to take a break I suddenly felt cold and my body was twitching as if I was shivering. All of the muscles in my body we're...

Last reply
  • Epileptic Vertigo

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me some details on their experience of epileptic vertigo. I've had reoccurring 'quick spins' over periods of years, each attack lasting seconds and recurring after months of years to happen a few times for about a week. It doesn't seem...

Posted
  • Myy Myy

Seizures in childhood

Hi. I recently had a seizure like absence seizure although I have not diagnosed with epilepsia. Anyhow remembered that when I was between 7-10 years old,I used to get seizures (I am now a bit over 40). These happened in the mornings when brushing teeth, eating or putting clothes on. It wasn't anything...

Last reply
  • Lamotrigine feeling weird in the morning

Hello  I have been taking lamictal for about a year and a half with no problems but recently I have been feeling slow and out of it in the mornings until a little while after I have taken lamictal does anyone else have this problem?   Please help I cant live like this Thanks! 

Last reply
  • 12 year old daughter with fit type symptoms

Hi I'm not sure if I'm in the correct discussion board here but I need some advice please. My 12year old daughter has just had some type of weird jolting and tensing up movement. She is otherwise well and has no other illnesses. She was sat next to me on her mobile phone and all of a sudden her...

Posted
  • intense anxiety attack recalling a dream randomly

So I'm gonna just jump into it I've had bad anxiety for a very long time now but haven't gone to get any kind of medications and have pretty much just been trying to deal with it. But lately it's been worse. Randomly out of no where it will start to feel like I'm going to have an...

Last reply
  • We are getting mixed messagesp

Our 16 yr old son had his first possible seizure 5 months ago.  We found him face down on the floor mubbling and disoriented and he had trouble breathing in his bedroom at 7am.   He said only thing he remembered was the left side of face was numb and a loud noise in his ear and he passed out....

Last reply
  • Seizures and having children

My husband and I are planning our family right now and I have gran mal seizures and am on 4 anti convulsants-carbamazepine, topamax, lamotrigine and epival and the risks the first two carry to the baby are scaring both of us very much. We're just so confused as to what we should do? Does anyone have...

Last reply
  • Conceiving at 36 with Diagnosis of Nocturnal Epilepsy

Hi There, I was diagnosed 5 years ago after a cluster of 40 Nocturnal Grandmal Seizures in a row and admitted for 5 days in hospital. After coming to I was also paralysed on my right side for 48 hours which was touch and go... I have come through that now and had no seizures since (5 years) as I am medicated...

Last reply
  • Pregnancy and Lamotrigine

Hi all. I am considering pregnancy. I am currently taking 100mg twice daily of Lamotrigine. Does anyone know of any risks or complications with pregnancy and this medication? Thank you x

Last reply
  • Having a baby

i'm reaching out to see if I can receive some advice with epilepsy. My partner and I are expecting our first baby, he has seizures on a none regular basis one of which has left him with a large scar covering half of his side requiring him to have skin graphs. recently he has stared to have them more...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.