Skip to content

Flecainide

All discussions in this group

Next
  • kate07761 3

Anyone experienced problems coming off Flecanide

I'm wondering if anyone has had problems coming off Flecanide and if so what symptoms.    I've had ablation and been on them post op for 2 months. Now reducing slowly but seem to have be less well overall  ie even more cold, itchy and when I bent my head was very wobbly and it seems to have thrown

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tony91455 2

Flecainide - how often can you take 'pill in pocket'?

I've had AF for about 9 months now and was on Dabigatran and Bisoprolol. I couldn't get cardio-version on the NHS as although I had permanent AF for 4 months (following an operation), I switched into parxoxysmal. I have recognised triggers which I now avoid - caffeine, salt, dehydration etc; the

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Zena2016 2

Flecainide ... does it affect liver and kidneys

Recently my blood tests identified liver and kidney disease ... there is no other possible cause than drugs that I have taken for AF.  As a consequence, I have altered my diet considerably, but read today in a posting that bananas (potassium) are contra-indicated for damaged livers. So they will be

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david35150 1

Flecaine 100mg PR

Hello, I have been taking Flecaine 100mg PR for three years, I am prescribed them by a French Cardiologist, I have had no side effects and my arrhythmia has disappeared. I find that I am unable to obtain the the capsules in the UK even though they are made in Leicester.  The French Cardiologist has

• akearney813 2

New dosage

My daughter has been diagnosed with parkinson white wolff syndrome, she has been on beta blockers (atenolol) but recently started taking Flecainide. She has started complaing about being very cold since starting this new medication, does anyone have advise She is on 10ml twice a day

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Paroxysmal AF

I have had episodes for the last 4 years or so. They recently became more frequent having spoiled many a social occasion for me and my wife, including a curtailed holiday last month! I had been on Sotalol but 4 days ago was switched to Flecainide 50mgs twice daily. Since then I have noticed

• bea28340 3
  • deirdre2016 3

Tikosyn

Has anyone being treated with this drug as an alternative to Flecainide ? Thanks!

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • theautumn 1
  • Stuart143 3

Tinnitus

Hi, I have been on Flecainide 100mg twice a day since my cardioversion in July for AF and over the past few weeks have developed ringing in my right ear that is now constant. I have read that ringing in the ears is a rare side effect of Flecainide. Has anyone experinced this before and will it

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • alinora 1

Flecainide - mood disorders, memory problems, depression?

I'd be very interested if anyone has experienced any of the above from Flecainide. My son's been on it for several years and his behaviour is very out-of-character - I connect it to the period when they increased his dose to 200mg twice daily, which is quite a high dose. They say he is young and

• kate07761 3

Are there alternatives to Flecainide

I had ablation following flutter but since ablation have been quite unwell. I did go into AF during the procedure.     I didn't have another AF episode for 18 months but  ealier this year it happened again sorted out by amiodarone drip in A&E  and since I have been on Flecanide and bisoprolol.    

22 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Rat545 2

Ablation for arrhythmia

I am 71 yo, have had arrhythmia for many years, going into afib many times which resulted in trips to ER and being prepared for a "shock" to get heart back in rhythm. About 5 years ago I was started on Flecainide 50 mg 2xday. That helped for a while then was increased to 100 mg 2xday. Most recently

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jwsonoma 1
  • mikelly321 3

Flecainide and fainting due Hyponatremia

I fainted recently. my Dr. said it was due to hyponatremia (low salt in my blood). I've read since then that Flecainide can cause this: "Hyponatremia is a previously unrecognized entity as an adverse effect of By this rationale, hyponatraemia would lead to Flecainide toxicity.

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • allegrovandeplas 1

shortage of flecainide ?

Hi i am struggling get flecainide tablets 100mg. Is any body else having this anybody know a chain chemist that has them, my local chemist says it is the wholesalers to blame. Thanks

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Kennedy1947 1

When to take flecainide

I'm 67 and have had an ablation,I'm not in AF any more except when I participate in cycle events,training is ok it's just when andrenline is envolved,,I have been prescribed 100 flecainide to take just before the event,it didn't work last weekend ,how soon before the event should I take it ,or

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jan19230 1

Feeling Worse

In December 2014 I suffered a bout of chronic bronchitis after flu and my doctor prescribed two types of inhaler which I apparently have to use for life now.  However, one inhaler gave me palpitations and my doc took me off that and introduced another. I am now on Seebri Breezhaler 44micrograms (

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • mythtrip 1

Used to take Quinidine pill in pocket, switched to flecainide...

I've had AF for years, controlling it with Quinidine pill in pocket 600 mg as soon as I felt symptoms. Quinidine has worked over the years, so I was hesitant when my new cardiologist switched to flecainide; 200mg upon onset of symptoms. I've now used flecainide twice, and its worked beautifully.

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • rickus 1

Breathlessness when resting

I am 57 and had an ablation for my AF 3 years ago. I occasionally go into AF and carry flecainide as a pill in the pocket - am under instructions to take 300mg in one hit. Have had a couple of bouts of AF recently and have taken the flecainide. I got a bit of chest pain when exerting in the

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

just being into hospital with AF and was treated with Flecai

I have has 2 epidoses of AF seven months apart both came on suddenly during the night. The most recent I was treated with IV Flecainide which worked within 10 minutes. I have felt a little sick and 'edgy' over the following 24 hours. I am 45 and usually fit and healthy is there anybody else of my

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

AFib and Flecainaide

46 year old male currently recovering from an episode of lone AFib. My history is: first attack 2000, required digoxin, warfarin and DC cardioversion. Further attacks 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005 all needing cardioversion. I then had EP study with pulmonary vein ablation which I agree is sore but the

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Guest M

AF

Just been to speak to my cardioligest started with AF about 12 monthes ago i am 59 and been keen runner most of my life so very fit for age he said he would try me on flecininde and betablocker before abolation any other runners out there had sim exp.

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karen moore 1

AF June...on flecanaide being moved to Propranolol

hi everyone, I have my first episode of AF back in June on a very hot weekend where i very obviously over did it, with school fairs and race for life then world cup with a few wines. so they converted me with iv flecanainde and told me to carry on as normal !!!!! 3 weeks later it happened again,

• Guest M

A/F

Hi i am 27 years old and about a yr ago i had a fast heart rate which calmed down after few hours so i put it down to a panic attack but was not diagnosed with A/F untill i had another attack 4 weeks ago which lasted about 6 hrs i was about to have cardioversion when it went back to normal, i was

• Guest M

Flecainide and visual disturbances and alcohol

Hi I have just been put on Flecainde for left ventricular output tachycardia I have noticed it can affect my vision does this normally wear off after being on this for a while? Also can I drink on this cant find anything that says no and im not a big drinker but im only 33 and still want to enjoy

• risquenun 1

Some words of caution

I had lone AF and was taking 100mg of flecainide in the morning and 50mg in the evening. I had been advised that this was a small dose and if I got AF to take an extra tablet as it might help. On 3rd January I had an extremely fast heartrate and took an extra tablet. My symptons worsened and I

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Guest M

Flecainide worked for me

I had intermittent irregular heart beat that was getting worse as the years rolled on. I reacted badly when given beta-blockers - my heart slowed too much with lots of accompanying symptoms. Flecainide, 50mg taken twice a day, has made the beat regular and what I remember it being years ago when it

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Guest M

A/F

:puff: Hi I have had stroke etc I suffered A/F they say this caused the strokes I take worferin I had an ablation and after sampling all sortsof tablets Sotalol- etc I still get A/F seems worse since Ablation I have been on Flecainide for a few months now get bad turnes still I have now been

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Prophylactic use of Flecainide

I have started to suffer from episodic AF (around once per month) and my cariologist has prescribed Flecainide for use in 'pill-in-the-pocket' mode. My AF seems to be triggered in certain circumstances and I wonder if anyone has experience of taking Flecainide as a prophylactic?

• Guest M

New user of Flecainide

I have read comments, but feel it would be useful to know just how much Flecainide people are taking. I am new user, started on 25mg, made no difference, now on 50mg, still no change. AFs are happening just as often. I've been told it works well, but when?

• Guest M

BAB34 How quickly should flacainide take effect? On in...

BAB34 How quickly should flacainide take effect? On instuction from my cardiologist I have a "pill in the pocket" approach to my paroxsysimal atrial fibrillation. I took two tablets at the beginning of the attack and felt no effect for three and a half hours. Are the tablets working?

• mag 1

reactions to Flecainide

I have experienced constant nausea and feeling unsteady since beginning to take this drug. However it has made my heart rhythm normal which I am thankful for. Can I reduce the nausea?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Flecanide

I have been taking this drug for 4 years and have had NO side effects This was precribed for an arrhythmic condition and I have had No futher symptoms during the last 4 years

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions