Skip to content
Ad

Hypermobility Syndrome

Also known as Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Physiotherapy exercises

I'm 18 years old and was diagnosed with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome when I was 10. However I have not been physio or doctors in relation to this since then, and fear my condition has become worse, especially as when I was younger I did not make an effort to do exercises given to me by the physio....

Last reply
  • Is eds localized?

Ok, I have full body symptoms of eds.. but my thoracic area feels dead and it's spread to my ribs and is now itching but no rash.. I believe I have pots and mcad.. if it's eds.. I have joints cracking and popping, from my head to my toe, muscle weakness along with it, trouble swallowing with...

Last reply
  • Need some friendly support? - Shall I start my own blog?....

Hi all,  Some of you may have read some of my discussions, I have Hemiplegic Migraine, Hypermobility and just had a recent diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I know 'patient' is like a blog, and is a brilliant site to help support people, however I wanted to write my own personal blog about how...

Posted
  • Hypermobilty syndrome and surgerys

*PLEASE READ AL* I'm 17 and have hypermobility and getting tested for Ethler danlos syndrome. I can walk but with constant burning in my ankles and I tear my quads and calfs all the time with a piping sensation. Iv had acl surgery and my muscle stitched in both knees and I regret the acl I haven't...

Posted
  • Bladder infections??

My daughter was diagnosed with hypermobility 6 weeks ago. 2 months before the diagnosis after months of all gastro tests she had surgery and they found adhesions, no medical reason for these. She's getting bladder infections frequently. Is there a connection? Since a toddler she's suffered with...

Last reply
  • Hypermobility and choice of shoes?!

Hi, I am a 23 year old female and just been diagnosed with JHS and mild scoliosis. At my last hospital appointment I was told I need to change my footwear and buy 'proper' walking shoes that support my feet. I experience a lot of knee pain and currently have fluid all around my knee. I tore my...

Last reply
  • Constantly Hyperextending

I constantly hyperextend my knees and elbows by things that really shouldn't hyperextend them. For example, I'll be walking to class and all of a sudden my knee will just bend back too far and I'll get a sharp pain. At first I only used to do it on the trampoline, but in recent years my hyperextensions...

Last reply
  • Hypermobility Syndrome or EDS?

I understand that these two syndromes are very similar (depending on the type of EDS at least) but I'm wondering if my symptoms match up more with hypermobility syndrome or EDS. My elbows, fingers, thumbs, and shoulders all bend beyond the normal range. I get heart palpitations and recently got referred...

Last reply
  • Shoulder surgery with Hypermobility

On October 20th I had shoulder surgery arthroscopic subcromnial decompression and bicep tendonisis. I have just reached my 6weeks post op and attended my second physio yesterday. I have never been in so much pain. I find it hard to get comfortable. I've always had hypermobile joints but as a child...

Last reply
  • Joint hypermobility syndrome and ankles

Hi, I was just wondering if it is a common symptom of JHS when you start running and both your ankles and lower legs go extremely weak all of a sudden and they go over on themselves, basically feeling like they're out of control? I was running at a Robbie Williams concert and this happened. It's...

Last reply
  • Intercostal muscles/rib pain.

Has anyone ever pulled their intercostal muscles between ribs due to having hypermobility syndrome/EDS hypermobility type? I've been in so much pain for 8 days, but all tests have thankfully come bk ok (chest X-ray, ECG, bloods), so feel like I'm going mad and/or being a baby about the pain....

Last reply
  • Hypermobility and shoulder subluxions

Hi, I was just wondering, has anybody subluxed their shoulder blade? If so, what did it feel like? I've got joint hypermobility syndrome and chronic fatigue syndrome, and since Wednesday I've had a sharp, very uncomfortable pain in my left shoulder blade, much worse than the typical knots I constantly...

Last reply
  • 5 year old with low muscle tone and weakness

My 5 year old has a vague diagnosis of generalized weakness and low muscle tone.  He does appear to have hypermobile joints also, just based on what I see in his movememnts.  We have to travel to specilsts, and so far the pediatric neurologist has not given us any guidenece or additional testing...

Last reply
  • Sports/Exercise with Hypermobility

I consider myself to be a fit and healthy 34 year old despite dealing with having to manage pain in my knee joints for the past 12 years, being told by my doctor that I had to give up a lot of the high impact sports I enjoyed so much took a hit all those years ago, but I have managed with lower impact...

Last reply
  • Does hypermobility spectrum disorder run in families

Hi, I've recently been experiencing problems with my joints, and have just been told that my sister who I don't have contact with has this disorder, along with severe osteoarthritis. Does anyone know if this could be relevant, and whether this condition runs in family?

Last reply
  • Re-occurring transient synovitis/ rheumatoid??

Hi again, Iv already posted once about sons hypermobility , but now he's having re-occurring transient synvonitis of the hip which consultant has said is quite unusual , he feels it maybe more likely to be rheumatoid but my question is does anyone's children have r/a without stiffness, his only...

Posted
  • Recently diagnosed - what can I do?

Hi all, I'm 22 and just been diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome by a rheumatologist. I've been struggling with achey joints for around 3-4 years and recently been starting to have back and abdominal pain. After years of visiting the GP for this and them being absolutely useless, I found a...

Last reply
  • help me please.!!

a year and half my daughter (5yearsold)was diagnosted with hypermobility syndrome (doble joined) she started feeling pain in one rib and then in the other one i took her to her doctor and they said it was "growing pains" but it was getting worse she started with pain in the other side , neck,...

Last reply
  • Hypermobility Problems with Period.

I have recently been diagnosed with Hypermobility, only after going to the doctors with pain several times with no explanation until my knee dislocated while I was walking to school. The doctor was useless and knew no answers to my questions, and hasn't bothered to do research and my physiotherapist...

Last reply
  • HMS, pain in chest and possible misdiagnosis of asthma

My 19 year old daughter has hyper mobility. She has had a lot of the 'normal' complications - dislocating shoulder, back problems, had keyhole surgery on her wrist etc. She, like many others, is an ex gymnast and still likes to keep fit but quite often experiences severe chest pains in her breastbone...

Last reply
  • JHS Getting worse and Nobody Understands

Hi I was diagnosed with Chronic Joint Hypermobility Syndrome as a child and in recent years it has been getting progressively harder to cope with.  I struggled with my education to the extent that I had to drop out of college and have attempted to work many times but have always found that my joints...

Last reply
  • confused and desperate hms and fibro

Hi, Im 34 have hms, fibro and a list of other illness. My Dr is unsupportive and just getting a referral to the rhumatologist is a story in itself. Turns out it wasn't all in my head...Anyways after diagnosis she told me to exercise, like Pilates to ease my pain. But even after minimal exercise I'm...

Last reply
  • Hypermobility and osteoarthritis,how does one affect the other.....

Hello everyone. I have been diagnosed with hypermobility and also have osteoarthritis in all the same joints. Was suggested by the rheumatologist that my doctor sort out some physio for me but to be quite honest i am in enough pain just moving about day to day and forever cracking from one joint or another...

Last reply
  • Slight Swelling and Doctor Problems

Hello all, I was diagnosed with HMS a year ago after a shoulder injury. Now I do physical therapy and whatever I can to prevent myself from getting injured (now that I know what the problem is... up until last year it just seemed like I general joint pain especially in my shoulders and hips). Anyway...

Last reply
  • Sons hypermobility pain

Hi everyone My 10 year old was diagnosed with hypermobility roughly about 5 years ago , he has always suffered with some Pain but recently he's been suffering a lot of hip knee ankle and finger pain. To cut a long story short after being admitted due to the pain he has seen a physio today whose said...

Last reply
  • Just been diagnosed at 35

I've been suffering from shoulder pain for over 5 years now, and have been with so many Physio's trying to solve my pain, with no luck. Finally after going to see a muscle skeleton person they said I have Hypermobility syndrome. I scored an 8 and said I'm in the highest level. They have...

Last reply
  • Confused!! Hypermobility/ EDS

I have just been diagnosed with hypermobility, I'm very confused has to what the correct name to use.( Hypermobility or Eds type 3.) Can anyone explain the difference.

Last reply
  • How to get a diagnosis and what happens next

I've been suffering with joint pain and subluxation in multiple joints for a few years now.  The first person to mention hypermobility to me was a podiatrist when I went for plantar fasciiatis.  A couple of years later I went to physio for tennis elbow and shoulder subluxation.  The...

Last reply
  • Cold and muscle tightness

Hi, A couple of times now the air con at work hasn't worked so the office has been freezing, people have been wearing their coats.  I dressed warm, had a hot water bottle but was so cold that I stiffened up. The first time I had to take a day sick as my shoulder blade locked onto my ribs (which...

Posted
  • Symptoms of BJHS

Hi I was diagnosed with BJHS recently and it explains a lot when I look back at my symptoms and injuries over the years. Does anyone have numbness though? I have widespread patchy numbness / altered sensation all over my body and pretty much everything else it could be has been ruled out.

Posted
  • Problems with Physiotherapy

First off I have hypermobility syndrome.  I been referred to physio for a few different problems.  My ortho surgeon said surgery wouldn't help with my MDI shoulder instability and said I'd need at least a year of physio so he referred me back there.  At the same time my GP sent...

Last reply
  • Do we see a geneticist

My daughter's orthopedic dr wants her to see a geneticist for hypermobility/EDS . She shows many of the signs, her rheumatologist also says he believes she has this. If it's not curable, than what are the benefits of having this in her medical records? She's only 15 will this hurt her...

Last reply
  • Pain on only left side of hip, that returned after surgery

Has anybody with hypermobility syndrome have pain in only one side of hip? My 15 year old daughter has been having left hip pain for over a year. She had a bursectomy along with smoothing her trochanter bone and tendons this summer. The pain went away for almost five months, but now exact pain is...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.