Skip to content
Ad

Impetigo

Also known as Ecthyma

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Impetigo won’t go away permanently

Hi there, I’ve had recurrent impetigo for about four months now and I’m not sure what to do anymore. It started after I got a cut on my elbow, but it then spread to my face. I’ve been given antibiotics by my doctor each time it’s cropped up, causing it to go away pretty quickly, but about two weeks later...

Posted
  • recurring cases of impetigo

I'm 17, and have been getting impetigo from the age of 5 years old, the doctor believed at the time that it was from face paint. I've been getting reoccurring outbreaks every year since then, normally up to three times a year. However, as I got older I believed I had "grew out of it"...

Last reply
  • Impetigo that never heals

HI, I've been struggled with impetigo for a couple of years now. It took me a long time to realise what it was because it doesn't look like typical impetigo (I don't get the blistering spots). My skin is extremely weepy and then forms into crusts. When the crusts fall over it starts weeping...

Last reply
  • Help! Not sure if I have Impetigo

Hey everyone, long story short around 5 days ago I suddenly came down with the worst pain when swallowing which is what my GP attributed to a bacterial (possibly Strep) throat infection. I've been taking Amoxicillin now for around 4 days and the throat pain has cleared up, however towards the end...

Last reply
  • Impetigo is back!! help please

Hello I had impetigo about a 8 weeks ago and thought it had gone away for good (also had a very mild dose of it a month previous) but it is back. This is making me really depressed and self conscious, I know it's cosmetic but I don't want to leave the house. I feel disgusting!! I'm...

Last reply
  • What's helped me with Impetigo

i suffer from impetigo on average twice a year. It appears just above my top lip . Normally after I have had a runny nose . I tried using Dettol neat, just a little dab on the area effected . I do this when I get that feeling it's coming on. I don't wait until its full blown. And it seems to...

Last reply
  • Reacurring Inpetigo

I'm 26 years old and have an inpetigo flare up 2 to 3 times a year. It makes me very self conscience... I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now so he's seen it before. He always questions me and it makes me think he thinks I have an std. I know what it is I've been to the doctor and...

Last reply
  • I've suffered with impetigo since i was 7 and found last...

I've suffered with impetigo since i was 7 and found last year, that Mccleans tooth paste and tea trea oil works a treat usually clears it up in 3 days, as opposed to the doctors cream which usually takes a week and a bit. This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience

Last reply
  • Recurring impetigo - Shingles

I took this disasterous trip to Greece (I was completely healthy before the trip) and upon my return last April within a few days I started having this sore growing larger everyday on my chin. Somewhat yellowish and had a 40 C temperature for a week and very sick for another week. I took Doxy for two...

Last reply
  • IMPETIGO the worst thing that ever happend to me!

Hi. I have this bacteria called IMPETIGO. To be honest it's the worst thing I had in my life. I'm 18 years old and having this kind of bacteria is simply awful. It all started when I returned from the sea side, I was there on holiday with my best friend. During the trip I had nothing, everything...

Last reply
  • BULLOUS IMPETIGO ON ADULT (32/F)

I hate it that there's not much material on the web for this disease! Last March 5, my 32-year-old, single daughter discovered a vesicle/blister on her chin. She peeled it, the blister oozed and crystallized, and she would remove the crust over and over again. The next day, it got swollen, as...

Posted
  • Every cold leads to impetigo

everytime i get a cold and blow my nose a lot it leads to impetigo just as a i get rid of the cold. i always get it inside my nostril or jus below my nostrils. my doctor prescribed me fucidin cream which seems to do the trick after about 5/6 days. Is there a permanent cure as i get it about twice a year...

Last reply
  • Impetigo Nearly Cured

Hi. I just thought id post here to maybe be able to help someone else. I have had impetigo for approx 2 and half weeks. The first week i had no clue what the red circle spot on my upper arm was. I thought it was psoriasis as i had a stress attack due to work pressure 2 weeks previous. So after a...

Posted
  • I hate theese spots!

Hi! I have this. Well itz not that severe but it is quite irritating. My doctor refferd me to this site to learn more about imperigo. My advice is just dont pick at them, honestly if i had not picked on them as much , they could have not devloped into massive patches of red scabs covering up my face....

Posted
  • impetigo on legs

I developed sore areas on knee where I had scarring from an injury. Doctor diagnosed impetigo and gave me penicillen and flucide acid ointment. I now have spots all over both legs a few on body and some on one shoulder.. this is very distressing as I finished penicillen two weeks ago. These itch...

Posted
  • Impetigo

Being a hairdresser, it is known that we are a high risk for impetigo... I have had it twice now and i usually catch it at this time of year. I find fucidin cream to be the best cure. I find even though it is not contagious after 48 hours of treatment, my boss would prefer for me not to come in until...

Posted
  • my daugher is 13 years old, the first time she got impet...

my daugher is 13 years old, the first time she got impetigo she was 8 years old it was all over her face and in her mouth. the doctor put her on flucloxacillin and in a week it went (for about a month) and then it came back :magic: This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience

Last reply
  • impetigo

I experienced impetigo for the first time about 4 months ago which was treated with antibiotics(flucloxacillin)-it appeared again & treated with antibiotics & a 3rd time-I thought this had cleared when i got it again 1 day before my hols last week & when i returned home this...

Last reply
  • Reoccuring Impetigo on my hand

I've had similar problems to the people on this board. I caught Impetigo after cutting my hand on a broken glass about eight years ago. I was treated with antibiotics and it went away. However since then it's continued to flare back on and off for the last eight years. Sometimes I can go six...

Last reply
  • Impetigo nightmare

Impetigo is a nightmare! :evil: But, I have some tips that might help if you want to treat Impetigo naturally. Firstly Australian bodycare tea-tree oil applied neat to area, when dry dab with a product called Manuka Paint from victoriahealth.com. Every other day have a French green clay face mask. I've...

Posted
  • Son's impetigo

My son is currently suffering from a severe bout of this around his eye and over 4 fingers. He has had this before but never this severe . He is on fluxocilin (oral ) and fusilic acid cream as well as eyedrops ( since the eye itself was very red because the doc believes the infection has gone into his...

Posted
  • IMPETIGO ATTACKS!!!

Thank god i'm not alone! I'm 27 and first caught it 4 years ago after finishing uni. Eversince then i get the odd red dot on my body and then it goes away, until I become very stressed ( work) and i get a MASSIVE flare up. I get it on my neck, back, chest, arms, sometimes on my legs and face....

Last reply
  • Act quick!

We all think its a coldsore, we start off with the tingling senation, but by the end of the day it feels like its burning.(And trust me you'll no about it) Please dont do what i did and dimiss it as \"oh its only a bad cold sore, I'll get some cream in the morning\", Well my...

Posted
  • I first caught impetigo from my sister 5yrs ago and it s...

I first caught impetigo from my sister 5yrs ago and it spread through my partner and daughter. Unfortunately it recurs every 2 -3 months (it's as often as once a month at the moment) but it only affects myself and nobody else. If I've been ill, stressed or generally run down i always break out...

Last reply
  • very good site and quite reassuring, will definitley use...

very good site and quite reassuring, will definitley use again and also offer my advice to poeple. When you feel ill, it can feel very lonely when no-one can find the cause and this gets you down even more. i hope people are on the road to recovery! jodie This message was automatically imported from...

Posted
  • my 3 yr old caught this the same time as her older siste...

my 3 yr old caught this the same time as her older sister only her sisters has cleared and her asnt. She first got it in october and as been on 3 courses of antibiotics and given fucidin cream since it is now jan and she stll as it luckily it is in tops of her legs and bottom where no one can see. ...

Last reply
  • I got impetigo 4 months ago after being to spain i didnt...

I got impetigo 4 months ago after being to spain i didnt go to my GP for a few weeks after catching it because i suffer with exzema and thought it was this. When i did go to my GP i was told it was a hair folicule infection then a week later he took a swab and blood test and told me it was impetigo and...

Posted
  • I've been getting impetigo for the past 12 years!!! It s...

I've been getting impetigo for the past 12 years!!! It started after I came back from a holiday in Greece, and then didn't get it again until after my next holiday in Greece the following year. I could deal with getting it only once a year, but now for some reason I get it every 3 months without...

Posted
  • This is hell. Doctor I work for gave me doxicyclin and a...

This is hell. Doctor I work for gave me doxicyclin and also an antibiotic cream. took 10 days but one spot didnt go away completely. It came back with vengence a month later. Studied the internet and discovered the drug I should have been given was dicloxicillan not doxicyclin or cephalexin....what an...

Last reply
  • we took our son to the doctors with spots which had litt...

we took our son to the doctors with spots which had little yellow blisterson them,we was told he had chicken pox., 3 weeks later stil concerned we took him back and he was by a differant doctor who told us that it was molluscum contagiosum.yesterday (5 weeks on) he got these spots with yellow blisters...

Posted
  • im 26 and i first had impetgo six years ago. it was awf...

im 26 and i first had impetgo six years ago. it was awful and didnt know what it was at first and was all over my face. i got cream from Dr and flucloxacillin it cleared up in a few weeks. however, since Febuary 2006 it has come back twice and has now come back for a third time but on my leg this...

Posted
  • My 5 yeear old son has recurring impetigo on his finger....

My 5 yeear old son has recurring impetigo on his finger. It seems that when he is anxious, he bites he nails and one finger always gets infected. I've tried antibiotics and creams but he get in around once a year at the same time. Im not sure what else to try. This message was automatically imported...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.