Skip to content
Ad

Lofepramine

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lofepramine was so helpful to me, has turned my life around

If you have been prescribed this I would urge you to give it a try, it has completely saved me from the deepest & darkest depression and took effect very quickly. I have been on numerous a/d's before, mostly SNRI's and SSRI's, never did a thing for my depression-no help at all. I...

Last reply
  • I have been on Lofepramine for a year and it has worked ...

I have been on Lofepramine for a year and it has worked very well in reducing and treating the depression I have had for many years. I have tried other antidepressants in the past which made me tired, irritable and badly effected my sleep patterns and appetite (which caused me to put on weight). Lofepramine...

Last reply
  • Lofepramine

just started on lofepramine for anxiety and wondered if anyone else is taking it and how you are getting on? I'm really scared it's not going to work after having tried a few SSRI's

Last reply
  • been on lofepramine 1 week

hi i have suffered with depression for about 7 years now im 33 the last tablets i was on were citalapram which i took for 2 years, i had a bad time at xmas for some reason worried about work college home everything the doctor prescribed lofepramine 70 mg twice a day i do feel a lot better on them still...

Last reply
  • Advise on withdrawal please

Hiya Sorry for the long post I was just looking for some advise on coming off of lofepramine. I am extremely sensitive to medication and upon missing a dose 8 months ago my body just lost all control. This episode really scared me as I have OCD so made the decision to come off of them. I was taking...

Posted
  • Self harm

Hini sometimes self harm as a coping mechanism.as the cuts heal they turn a dark purple.will they ever fade to white or siver? Does anyone know? Some may be thinkng why do it if your worried about appearence im not worried i just wondered when im old and in a care home will wveryone be able to see these...

Last reply
  • Duloxetine and Lofepramine.

I have been on Duloxetine for a number of years and i have now been prescribed 70mg Lofepramine because the Duloxetine is doing nothing forbmy depression. I experienced brain zaps which was a side effect of stopping the Duloxetine.I was told i was supposed to wean off this medication before going...

Posted
  • Lofepramine

Thought I should post on here as there are not many posts about Lofepramine and people may come searching for insight. I will post again in the weeks ahead on this same thread to give an update.  I was taking Mirtazipine for 3 months and switched to Lofepramine on GP advice as Mirtazipine made...

Last reply
  • Lofepramine

Do they stop you loosing weight? i train everyday and eat healthy, with hardly any carbs, but my weight has stayed the same. Has anyone had the same reaction or is it just my age lol

Last reply
  • will the weird feeling ever go away?

About 4 months ago, my doctor changed my medication from mirtazipine to lofepramine. Initially I took 70mg in the morning, and 70mg at night. Although I got side effects, I didnt feel a huge improvement in my mood. I saw my doctor again last week, and he suggested increasing my morning dose to 140mg,...

Last reply
  • Lofepramine versus Duloxetine

Has anyone stopped taking Duloxetine and started on Lofrepramine please? Did you have any withdrawal symptons from Duloxetine or side effects from Lofepramine?

Last reply
  • Lofrepramine

hi sorry to bother everyone.  I've been on 45 mg Mirtazapine, which does help me sleep and 2 x 40 mg Propanolol and 3 x 2 mg Diazepam for anxiety during the day, as well as 8 x 500 mg co-coda mol tablets for a crushed disc.  I'm getting worse in terms of depression and anxiety and...

Last reply
  • Lofepramine and depression

Been taking Lofepramine for two or three weeks. Got the cold hands and feet whilst the rest is periodically hot and sweaty. Thought this was menopause till read comments from others on this meds! Feeling nauseous too when sweaty. Also detached and a bit disorientated. Can't remember where I have...

Last reply
  • lofepramine

weening off lofepramine was on 70mg a nite reduced tablet in half .feeling sick constipated feel awefull worse infact is there a a tab that dosent make sick? loss of appettite to .also servere headace .any advise plz. dnt want to feel like this :arrow: :grrr:

Last reply
  • Lofepramine 240mg - taken at night

Hi I've been on Lofepramine for 5 years now and its certainly helped control my depression although i still have off days and i take another anti-depressent at the same time to help me sleep. My Psychiatrist said i could take 240mg but the pharmacists and internet all say this is too much but it...

Last reply
  • Coming of Lofepramine....

I have been on this drug ever since my 2 sons were toddlers both with medical problems and there father left me. That was 15 years ago. I started of on 70mg but that was increased to 140mg which I took 70mg in the morning and 70mg in the evening before I went to bed. I have never questioned the side...

Last reply
  • Feeling Unsure!

Was put on 70mg of Lofepramine initially for a week and now starting 2x70mg Lofepramine at night. I also take 2x50mg Quetiapine and 2x30mg Nefopam three times a day and wonder what I can expect. i have Zoplicone 7.5mg that I can take to help me sleep. Can anyone advise me on what I can expect. I suffer...

Posted
  • just started lofepramine

hey i was out on lefepramine 3 days ago and was told by my doctor that it would take 2 weeks for me to notice a difference or any side effects, but 3 days in and alredy i am expreiencing a dry mouth, dizzyness, loss of appetite, feeling of needing to vomit, aint peeing like normal and feel like i want...

Last reply
  • Feeling drunk on Lofepramine

Hello all - I was recently changed to Lofepramine after being on Prozac for a while. After taking only three 70mg tablets I felt totally \"drunk\" and had to be collected from work as I dare not drive. I was spaced out, giggling and doing silly things!! When I got home I slept from...

Last reply
  • jlc jlc

Confused - 8 months on Lofepramine and in need of a bit of advice.

I am 41. I have been suffering anxiety for 10 years and because it knocked my confidence and esteem, I became depressed. Except for a short stint in Citalopram a couple of years ago (20mg) which did nothing for me, Last summer my anxiety came to an all time high, I couldn't sleep, was agitated, couldn't...

Last reply
  • day 3 lofepramine

:? just started taking 70 mg at nite for one week then my doctor has told me to take 70 mg in the mornings so it will be 140 mg im feeling dizzyness not sleeping well waking up 4am in the mornings not been able to go back off to sleep. sweating in the nite just at my wits end does the side affects go?...

Posted
  • lofepramine

I recently came of Citalopram and tried Lofepramine, but within the first day, i had itchy skin all over, in my scalp all over and it wouldnt stop, i also couldnt sleep and had bad dreams and sweating. I decided that I would go back on Citalopram. It was the itching that i couldnt cope with. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Lofepramine

I've been taking Lofepramine for over a year now and its really helped me. I've been on a few different anti-depressants on and off over the last ten years (Prozac, Seroxat, Citalopram and Venlafaxine) but Lofepramine was the first triclyclic i'd tried. I had some side-effects to start...

Posted
  • just commenced on these tablets

:oops: I was commences on these after taking other prescribed drugs that had little benefit and terrible side effects, lets be tactful in needed to be near a loo 24/7 !! .....I have been taking these for around 3 weeks feel more agitated than i have ever !! recognise the cold hands and feet effect...

Posted
  • Lofepramine 6 weeks in

I have been taking these tablets for 6 weeks now, 3 weeks on 210mg. I actually feel worse now than I did before I started them. I feel very agitated, cant sleep at night as my heart is racing and sweat a lot. Has anyone else experienced this. Thought tablets would be taking effect by now.

Posted
  • Starting to feel better on Lofepramine

Have recently had dose increased to 210mg/day by my psych. as 140mg wasn't really making any difference. For the first few weeks after increasing the dose I nearly stopped taking them as was having really bad mood swings and feeling suicidal at times. Also was feeling really spaced out and detached...

Posted
  • Numbness & Tingling with Lofepramine

Can anyone out there help been on Lofepramine 70g (for 2 weeks) and have serious numbness and tingling under my right breast into my stomach. Today i have woken up with a stiff leg and can't lift me leg to put my sock on. Anyone had same experience?

Last reply
  • ed with lofepramine

Hi has anyone on thid med had problems with erectile disfunction or is it just me... ive been on these tabs for 3 yrs and i cant sleep proply and i also have erectile disfunction now can anyone help regards barrie

Last reply
  • Used for 10 months now

My first experience of antidepressants, and a positive one. I've been taking 1x70mg each night. Sleeping improved very quickly, and apart from a couple of days at the start with a dry mouth, no side effects I can definitely pin on the drug. I've gained weight, but depression suppresses the appetite,...

Posted
  • dream world

been on these for just under 2 weeks and feel worse than ever . Feel like in my own world looking in on everyone else . Spaced out sickly dizzy and more depressed. Docter said have to give them 5 weeks but dont know if can cope can anybody give me possitve feedback . Took overdose 4 weeks ago dont want...

Last reply
  • Am I the only one??

Hi I have been on these tabs now for almost one month first 2 weeks on 7omg and now im on 140mg....They taken me off venalaxine as they really didnt do anything was on 225mg per day. Im having normal side effects sickness, loss of appertite. But I am sleeping more on these but also seem very very angry...

Last reply
  • Lofepramine

:cry: I was prescribed Lofepramine 1 month ago for help with my IBS and pmt. Before this I was on Fluoxetine but that didnt help the IBS so my GP decided to move me on to Lofepramine. What I have found is that one month on from starting Lofepramine, I'm upset, snappy, crying and feel just awful....

Posted
  • just started lofepramine

I take 1 70mg tab at night. i have only started them last night, i found it very difficult to sleep but then napped all afternoon today, now i feel worse than ever i have been prescribed them for depression and anxiety but since i havent stopped crying and feel very paranoid and anxious. has this happened...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.