Skip to content
Ad

Macular Disorders including ARMD

Also known as ARMD - Age-related Macular Degeneration

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My dad is having surgery today -

My dad (71y/o) is having surgery today for a macular hole. He found out only 2 days ago that he would need to do 5 days face-down posture, so he has not had long to prepare. His ophthalmologist did not mention it. I'm worried that sleeping on his tummy will cause major back problems! Even just during...

Last reply
  • Macular Hole

I was diagnosed yesterday with a small macular hole.  I am to be evaluated further on Monday in order to determine the stage I am at.  The opthamologist indicated it was small during my initial examination.  I am scared... I am 52 years old... sounds like the post operative on this...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed w macular hole ...

Has anyone had a positive experience with that costly injection that is available? I dread the thought of 1-2 wks with my head down. I already have neck & shoulder issues, and fear this recovery position will only create more problems for me.  Tx. Chris

Last reply
  • Lens replacement question

So my kid had his lens replaced in his left eye do to a eye injury 7 months ago well he's 4 n wouldn't keep right eye patched so left eye really hasnt regained much strength so his doctor prescribed him some rx dilation drops for 30 days to put in right eye every other day well we ran out of...

Posted
  • Moorfields eye hospital referral

So my mum had a (very overdue) eye test a week ago and they referred her to moorfields eye hospital on an urgent referral (she hasn't got an appointment date yet though). They gave her an Amsler Grid to do every day and told her if she gets flashing lights to go into the emergency room straight away....

Posted
  • Macular Pucker and treatment?

Hello everyone, I'm 22 years old and I had my Macular pucker sergury on January of this year. I know it'sounds an age related problem but i had some problesm with my eye when i was little. Anyways, I only did my left eye first. The floaters are gone but I don't see it clearly. My vision is...

Last reply
  • mother with md

my mother was recently diagnosed with it, just wondering if i need to have eye tests more regular than every 2 years?

Last reply
  • Macular Degeneration and Depression

My husband was diagnosed with dry AMD in both eyes about 3 years ago. It has been getting worse and he's become depressed, disgusted, cranky, angry etc. especially now that I have to drive him around. I don't know what to say to him about it. Everytime I bring it up he changes the subject. He...

Last reply
  • after injection reactions

i have been having my left eye injected for just over a year,my first injection was okay ,no problems as was the second my third was very bad had to go to a&e due to having a scratch on the retina.my last one was so painful i actually passed out 8 hours after the injection .I know i have to keep...

Last reply
  • Still not an answer from London Eye Hospital

Now it is 45 days and two reminders since we sent London Eye Hospital a claim for refund and compensation for my heavily deteriorated vision after a lens implant, and we have still not got an answer. If it is true, that “only” 4 % of the patients experience deteriorated vision, or no improvement, it...

Last reply
  • Virtual Realiity device and ARMS

I have been receiving treatment for ARMD for more than 3 years. Monthly Avastin or Eyela injections have been fairly effective. Both eyes are "wet". My right eye is still good enough that I can read and drive with corrective lenses. My left eye is fairly useless. I have lost mid-vision and...

Last reply
  • London Eye Hospital fails to deliver

LEH still seems totally uninterested in investigating what goes wrong, when an AMD lens transplant doesn’t work, but leaves the patient with a deteriorated vision. Once you have paid for the procedure they have no further interest in you, nor are they interested finding out why the procedure had the...

Last reply
  • Macular pattern dystrophy

Been diagnosed with above as well as dry ARMD both eyes and wet ARMD in right eye Which I am having treatment for anyone else had this diagnosis?

Posted
  • Macular Hole

I had a vitrectomy seven weeks ago in the US.  I only had to position for one day, due to new findings about lengthy face-down recovry really being unnecessary, although I couldn't return to full activities for two weeks.  My distance vision is vastly improved from what it was before the...

Last reply
  • Macular degeneration

hi, my hubby has been diagnosed with the start of macular D and I'm trying to buy the best tablets to stop it getting worse.  I'm in the UK so any recommendations as to what works and what doesn't plus best value for money, though you can't put a price on sight!  I've bought...

Last reply
  • Great results with anti VEGF drug - Eylea

I have Macular Edema related to Diabetes. I had 2 injectionS of Avastin with good results but I have had 2 injectionS of Eylea with great results! My swelling and cysts in my right eye are almost completely gone. I am scheduled in 4 weeks for another OCT scan and am very optimistic I will be put on...

Posted
  • Great result for Macular Degeneration

My mother aged 90 has one eye wet and other eye dry Macular Degeneration she was receiving injections 15 years ago and stop when she started putting 20+ Manuka Honey in her eyes. She puts the honey in each eye morning and night, the eye has to water and it does sting a little. It will not cure but does...

Last reply
  • please help

hi all,thank you for allowing me to join your group. My mom was diagnosed with dry Maculdgenration in both of her eyes. She also had catarac in both of her eyes. We kept on waiting to do her catarac because of fear not to touch her eyes so her dry AMD will stay dry. In July she did catarac to her eight...

Posted
  • possible Avastin side effects

I'm having problems. Left leg is very swollen and is has become very painful. Got next to no sleep last night. A bit of swelling in right ankle, but not much. I thought I had another blood clot but tests in the ER said no. No one had any idea as to the cause including my geriatric doc. This morning...

Last reply
  • macular hole

I had a macular hole surgery 6 weeks ago. The hole is not closed. What are the chances it could close? If a second operation is neccessary how soon after the first should the second be scheduled. Thanks Dave

Last reply
  • Macular Degeneration treatment

My wife has an appointment for an injection being the second of 3 initial injections for age related macular degeneration during the expected junior doctors Septemebr 5 day strike. The first injection was carried out by a nurse. Could the second injection appointment be compromised as a result of the...

Last reply
  • Macular Degeneration/Bests sufferer. Can IOL/phakic make it worse?

Hello, I am 27 and 3 years ago I was diagnosed with MD, specifically Bests disease. I have recently found out about IOL/Phakik which I qualify for in terms of perscription. I wanted to check what the risk level would be for making it worse in terms of macula degeneration if I had the implantable contact...

Last reply
  • My macular hole experience

Iwas operatedon my right eye of macular hole last April 21 . I was awake and of course the experience was not so good at all because on last few minutes of operation it was somewhat painful perhaps anaesthesia already gone. I thought I will be confined but I was advised to go home right after operation...

Posted
  • MY MACULAR HOLE EXPERIENCE IN THE PHILIPPINES

I've been depressed after my macular hole operation last April 21,2016 because after two weeks sore eyes inflamed my both eyes,I have to find another optalmologist because my surgeon was no where to be found.Now I'm OK but very very stressed and nervous because my appointment with my surgeon...

Posted
  • Epiretinal membrane and driving?

I've had an epiretinal membrane for a few years and this distorts my vision in one eye.  I also get slight double vision, as the image in each eye is different.  My overall vision is quite reasonable, so I was told I didn't need an operation. I haven't driven for many years - I...

Last reply
  • CMO.after Cataract Surgery,

Hello, I have just been provisionaly Diagnosed with Cystoid Macular Odema, I had Cataract Surgery 2 weeks ago on my CRVO Eye,.So was made aware of risk factors prior to Surgery,. The Macular Odema from my CRVO had been stable for 18 months prior to Cataract removal & I was not receiving any treatment(...

Last reply
  • Macular edema after cataract surgery

I am desperate to converse with anybody that has or have had macular edema due to cataract surger. My sad short story: I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Right eye in February 2016. Left eye same year in March. My eyes almost immediately started to blur. After many unsuccessful trips and calls to the...

Posted
  • ARMD and use of video magnifiers

Dear All My 91 year old mother in law lives with us. She has ARMD (wet type). Bobbie uses an Ipad, Android smart phone and a Kindle. She also does crosswords and colouring using optical mannifiers. She has just joined the Macular society and will be attending a meeting next week. We are looking at Video...

Last reply
  • Macular hole operation

I have just had a macular hole operation.  I didn't have the gas in my eye, but had oil instead.  Had the oil removed 4 days ago and my vision is awful.  Hopefully it will improve dramatically in the near future.  I have had two ops.  One with gas and the second with oil....

Last reply
  • Planning future in the UK with Wet MD

Hi all, I hope there is someone here who can help me or give me guidance on where to find out the information I need. I am in my early 50's and got diagnosed with Wet MD in July this year. I had 3x4 weekly Eylea injections to which, I had a brilliant response. The 4th injection was stretched to 8...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.