Skip to content
Ad

Medicines - General

Also known as Serotonin Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Innovation: Electronic Training For MD's

Innovation:Electronic MD Training Innovation is a huge part of what makes the healthcare industry run.  Everyday there are new changes that have the ability to be life altering for those intended to benefit from the innovations.  Some of the most promising new innovations include advances...

Posted
  • Anxiety, does cannabis help, for real?

Hi everyone, suffered with anxiety most of my life been to doctor to doctor medication to medication, worked out down the gym, running for happy endorphins ect ect, nothing has cured my anxiety. Generally I’m happy guy, but my down fall is my anxiety, I struggle communicating with others at times, and...

Posted
  • Depression Treatments by self by changing life style

Depression is a psychiatric condition in which there is loss of interest in all pleasurable outlets, viz. food, sex, work, friends, hobbies and entertainment. The prevalence rate of the disease is 6-8% in women and 3-5% in men. Ayurveda, the science of life, Regular exercise seems to encourage the brain...

Posted
  • Am I taking too many supplements?

Medication I'm currently taking: Wellbutrin 100mg Lamictal 150mg Supplements I'm currently taking: Vitamin D 5000IU once a day Horny Goat Weed once a day Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg twice a day Multivitamin once a day Cranberry/Probiotic/Prebiotic mix once a day Biotin 5000mcg once a day Collagen...

Posted
  • I was diagnosed with atherosclerosis

Hi space, My name is Alan and I'm 43. I was directed here by my sister so here I am. Two days before I was diagnosed with atherosclerosis. My doc put me on Lipitor treatment along with heart-healthy lifestyle. I'm so addled right now... Actually this diagnosis changed my life. I never thought...

Last reply
  • Topamax/Topirmate

Hey everyone! Has anyone taken topamax/topirmate for fibromyalgia? If so, has it caused you to lose weight? Also, did it give you funny feelings like disoriented? Please share any info or opinions. Thank you!

Last reply
  • Birth Control symptoms

So I just started taking birth control pill this last month. The I am now on the the 4th week taking placebo pills right now. I have two days left of them before I start another pack.  I started getting sore breast and cramps few days into my 2nd week of taking the pill. Well since then for three...

Posted
  • I am really scared I've never done this before

Because I suffer with depression my doctor prescribed me on 100mg of setraline I have to take 1 a day and since i have I made a mistake this morning when eating my breakfast which I regret I tried to swallow the tablet but accidently ate it does that mean I could become ill or die?

Posted
  • Shoot to gums for no pain

hello how are you everyone ? hope your doing great, I have a question what removes pain  when you get a shoot into your gums, in your gums and teeth when do for example a root canal is it something to do with the  brain ? GABA receptors or just removes pain in another way if so how, thx please,...

Posted
  • Has anyone tried natural health rememedies that worked?

I was just wondering as I've taken an interest in this over the last few months and even started up my own website and blog so I am just curious and what you've tried for what and did it work? I can use it in my blog and point you in the right direction if you're struggling to find what you're...

Posted
  • Am I having side effects?

So I've been on fluoxetine and quetiapine for around half a year now, and I have also just started having folic acid supplements (after having a blood test that said my Vitamin B9 levels or something were low). Sometimes I will get randomly ill and twice in the past two months I have had episodes...

Posted
  • Citalopram

Hi. I have been taking Citalopram for 2 weeks now after having a few weeks break. I have been suffering with hot flushes quite a bit and didmt on the first batch that I was on. I just wondering if anyone else suffered with these meds? I'm taking 20mg and I'm 35.

Posted
  • Withdrawals from nortryptaline!

I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this but after 4 months of being on nortryptaline 30mg, I told my doc the aide effects were too much. To boot he had taken me off my antidepressant and only wanted me on this. He stopped the nortryptaline and began me on amitryptaline 25mg and Prozac 10mg....

Posted
  • Vyvanse side effects?

I'm a 19 year old female and was diagnosed with ADHD last year. I was prescribed vyvanse for it and it worked wonders aside from the loss of appetite. I started noticing a very odd thing happening a few months after being on vyvanse. My hair started severely thinning. Every time I brushed my hair...

Posted
  • severe otitis media(inner ear infection)

Does anyone know if clear drainage is normal out of the ear that doesnt hurt? .I have been in and out of the hospital 3 times this week. I have ent on the 11th. Really shaky I cant see out of my right eye an my right ear has alot of throbbing.How to relieve the pain?

Posted
  • antibiotics don't work

I have been freed from sertaline but now I have an inner ear infection where the antibiotics are not working. My equalibrium is way off my eyes are blurry I feel so off balance. Ive  tried ear drops otc style. I dont wanna mess too much with my ear. It seems like I'm at the doctors office every...

Last reply
  • detoxing on 9th day

Is anyone out there detoxing off this evil drug sertaline. I feel like I have the flu but also it is 106 where I live. So sweating it out. Plus one eye is a bit like I have a cloud in it

Posted
  • Side effects of setraline

Hi, I'm currently on 100 mg of setraline daily, I've recently had a full blood test, the results came back as having an abnormal liver function, I don't drink or smoke so I know it can't be related to that, I was wondering if it could possibly be a side effect? I've also been having...

Posted
  • Co-Amoxiclav Worries

I was given 500/125mg Co-Amoxiclav for an infected bite in my leg and I am on 3 a day (Total nightmare! I am not used to taking medication unless i am in real amount of pain). I am close to finishing my doses. Today I kept forgetting to take them as I was feeling very tired and sick, and due to womanly...

Posted
  • Stopping Paxil after 1 month cold turkey. Symptomsb

Hey all! I was recently prescribed Paxil. I started taking 20mg a day(starting on May 13th). I have come to the conclusion that I do not want to take this medicine anymore. I was wondering if any of you all know if the withdrawal symptoms would be as awful as I have been reading about...if I were to...

Posted
  • Tapering off of Neurotin

I take 300 mg capsules of Neurotin daily. I've been on it for four months. The side effects are really bothersome. I'd like to get off the meds. Any advice as to how to taper would be appreciated. The doctor wanted to try it for the neuropathy pain but it does very little for me.

Posted
  • Paying to access medical records

I live in Wales, UK. I am planning on paying to access my NHS medical records and just wondering if anyone else has done this? ​I want to know whether you get the following information: ​1. Records of your admissions to hospital for your entire life ​2. Blood tests carried out and the results 3. Copies...

Posted
  • I have developed intolerance to several medications - why?

Over the last few years (I am in my 50's) I have developed intolerances to several medications to the point that I am very concerned as this includes antibiotics and similar:  to date they include omeprazole, sucralfate, rinitidine, itraconozole, amoxycillin, doxycycline and now clarithromycin....

Posted
  • When to stop taking codeine?

I am nearly 4 weeks post-op. (i had my top rib removed). ​I dont want to get addicted to codeine but I'm taking it at least twice a day and sometimes three or eeven four times a day depending on the pain. ​When does addiction set in? How do i tell? will the doctors help me?

Posted
  • Painful Swollen Perineum

I noticed a small pea sized lump on my perineum between anus and scrotum which use to sting very mildly if touched . But since then it has swollen considerably and is causing discomfort and when touched pains also on coming contact with anything that I can't sit comfortably .It is hard and no pus...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.