Skip to content

Nefopam

All discussions in this group

• Guest M

Nefopam

both my daughter and myself have fibromyalgia, nefopam has been the only pain relief that has really helped. we use to take coproxamol but when it was removed from the market we had great trouble trying other medication with no relief. we were prescribed nefopam by prof **** from a hospital in London...

12 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • laciaboots 1

nefopam stopped by ccg health

Hi nefopam users u will be sad to know nefopam has told Dr to take people off nefopam it is the only tablet that agrees with me 2 years at pain clinic to try all the others I got severe muscle spasm now they taking only tablets I can take for osteoarthritis and fybromyalgia coproxamol were taken before...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jane14277 3

Endep

Has anyone tried Endep for pain if so I'd like some feed back on the side effects  

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Sweet pea 108 1

Nefopam... serious sleep disturbance

I've just been given Nepofam for muscle pain that stops me walking for longer than 10 minutes. Even after just taking one my sleep was seriously disturbed..waking up several times all through the night. With taking two in a day it got much worse. I also am having trouble urinating and have a dry mouth....

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • lyn65518 3

Osteoarthritis

I have osteoarthritis in most of my body, really bad pain today, I have about 2 days a week when pain is bearable, what medication is everyone else taking I am in the uk. Also first had it 20 years ago, I am 63 now.

• Matron 6

Problem getting Nefopam

has anyone not been able to get their prescription for Nefopam dispensed? When I took my prescription to the pharmacist he couldn't give me my full quota. He said there's a problem with getting the drug so I'm owed about 2 weeks supply and it's nearly time for my next prescription to be dispensed. Because...

29 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lynsey05922 1

nepofam, methodone,gabapentin

I have recently beenp prescribed all this medication at the same time. I'm not taking recommended dose off 3 a day nefopam as my vision is blurred am confused aand and my partner is concerned as he says I am in a kind off dream state for a. While after taking meds. Will these effects gooo away as iI...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

taking nefopam

i am 39 years old and suffer from severe diebetic neuropathy i have been on these tablets for about 4 months now and i have noticed as have others around me that i have started to forget things and started to forget what i am talking about in mid conversation. this is quite a worrieing thing for me as...

• Guest M

nefupam

hi sorry guys would like to bring good news, however this is not working for me. on second day of nefupam and pain getting worse same as it has over the previous 2 weeks of tramadol & paracetamol. I have arthritic pain in my back and i am told it has gone into spasm. however when this has happen...

• Welshman 1

Nefopam hydrochloride

I was put on nefopam by my consultant, to try to get over my pain. I took them as prescribed (3 times a day) The secouned day I had a very bad angina attack. By the end of the day things got better. Two days later I tried the tablets again, when I again had angina. Advised by my GP to stop and revert...

• Matron 6

Loss of appetite

I've been taking Nefopam regularly for almost 2 weeks now and have noticed particularly in the last week I have little or no appetite. Has anyone else noticed this?

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

pain

been in severe pain for sometime wth arthritis and spinalstenosis legs ache constantly can,t sleep tried every thing going for another exray doctors given me nefopan to try just been reading notes off other people I will keep you posted sick of being inactive dotty

• Guest M

my nefopam usage

I was having a particular problem in using prescrbed pain conditions by my GP: All of which bound me up making me unable to pass stools even after 2 or 3 weeks and required further meds to try to loosen me so as to enable me. I reported my condition to my Kidney specialit who prescribed me 2 X 30mg tab...

• Guest M

I seem to be allergic to nearly all pain killers, but ne...

I seem to be allergic to nearly all pain killers, but nefopan is ok, i do feel sick sometimes but thats all. I'm told there is trouble getting hold of it at the moment, so am very worried bout what i can take. The doctor is strugling what to put me on, i have tried two different tablets in the last week...

• Guest M

RESULTS AFTER BEING PRESCRIBED NEFOPAM

MY FATHER WAS PRESCRIBED NEFOPAM FOLLOWING HIP SURGERY, AND SUFFERED SOME ADVERSE EFFECTS. HE FELT VERY DEPRESSED, AND WAS ABLE TO SEE ANIMALS THAT WEREN'T THERE. HE WAS VERY CONFUSED, (WHICH HE NORMALLY ISN'T), AND WHEN SPOKEN TO, HIS REPLIES WERE SIMILAR TO THOSE SPOKEN BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE DEMENTIA....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • essex girl 1

I have just been put on Nefopam HCL for Osteoarthritis

Hi I have just been put on Nefopam HCL 30mg & take 2 tablets 3 times a day, this is for my osteoarthritis which is affecting mainly my hips, lower back, neck & shoulders, I am having a really severe attack at the moment & can hardly walk, barely just to the toilet from my bed, I was on tramadol...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Got what I think is a gall bladder problem - GP feels it...

Got what I think is a gall bladder problem - GP feels it is an irritated diaphragm problem. (3 years duration) Couldn't tolerate tramadol/zamodol because of shaking therefore ended up on nefopam. Only take it sparingly when can't stand the discomfort any more. Taking more last 5 days (3,5,4,4,4)...

0 replies 0 votes Posted

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.