Skip to content
Ad

NSAIDs

Also known as Dexketoprofen, Diclofenac, Etodolac, Etoricoxib, Flurbiprofen, Ibuprofen, Indometacin, Ketoprofen, Mefenamic acid, Meloxicam, Naproxen, Piroxicam

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Naproxen is giving me severe stomach pain

it feels like a cross between trapped wind and menstrual cramps and starts thirty or so minutes after I take the tablet. I've been persevering for three days and I feel like giving up as I can't sleep though the pain, it's worse than the pain I'm taking the naproxen to combat! ( inflamed...

Last reply
  • Advised to take Asperin after Brain MRI.

This was 3 years ago and was told I have minor isceamia of white matter. Presumably this is to help prevent clotting which is not something I hav a problem with. One Dr. said stop taking them but another said keep going but I also take a PPI every day for my minor HH and I understand these drugs help...

Posted
  • treatment for the chronic brain inflammation?

Hello, I’ve been having chronic brain inflammation for about 6 years, and I have consulted many doctors and tried various drugs for my case … I tried the following: Felden 20 MG ( got a little improvement) Cortisone for 2 months ( got no improvement ) I have tried other NSAIDs like (xefo , mobic,...

Last reply
  • Pain in ribs when moving suddenly and when lying down

A week ago I suddenly developed pain in my ribs when moving suddenly and when lying down.  I had been cutting hedges which migh account for it, and I also had a violent sneezing fit which may not have helped. I have little or no pain in the daytime but it comes on at night.   Anyone else had...

Posted
  • Withdrawal symptoms like a narcotic

I suffer chronic back and neck pain. I stopped taking the narcotic pain meds in 2009 and continued with Naproxen. I have been on Naproxen for over 10  years and I just stopped and my withdrawals seem to be worse than the narcotics. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Posted
  • Taking Mefenamic acid tomorrow

Just prescribed by my GP -- I am always so apprehensive about taking new drugs because of side effects -- I am really sensitive... Can anyone give me reassurance please? Or maybe a kick up the bottom to get me moving in the right direction? I am such a big baby. I know I have to take this because...

Last reply
  • Naproxen - Sharp stomach pains for four days

Hi everyone, four days ago I took Naproxen and Codeine for hip pain. I usually take Tramadol but I had ran out. Since then, I've had crippling, sharp stomach pains that are keeping me up at night. I did actually take Lansoprazole with the tablets because the last time I took Naproxen it made me...

Posted
  • Ibuprofen gel on three separate areas?

I've been prescribed Fenbid (Ibuprofen) gel for use on an arthritic knee that flares up occasionally.  However, I also have bursitis in both hips and have been told by a rheumatologist to try an ibuprofen gel on these, too.  Steroid injections did nothing to help. The instructions on the...

Last reply
  • voltarol emulgel and nausea?

hi ​I have recently been diagnosed with sciatica and prescribed CoCodamol and voltarol emulgel.  I take the co codamol with food and so farr it hasn't caused side effectss but I feel quite nauseous after applying the voltarol.emulgel . ​I would be interested to know if anyone has had similar...

Posted
  • Mefenamic acid.

I took mefenamic acid 3 times a day the day before my period has I had extreme cramps. I took them for 3 days in total 3 times a day. But I didn't have a bleed/period at all. Not sure what's happened. Will I get a normal period arrive any day or is that it until next month??

Posted
  • salonpas available on prescription?

Hi guys Does anyone know if salonpas patch is available on a doctor's / gp,s prescription. ... I have tried many meds for a herniated thoracic disc such as celebrex and naproxen however they made me feel lousy, however my wife ordered these salonpas patches online and they...

Posted
  • Ibuprofen tablets and ibuprofen gel

Hello  I have 2 questions which I wonder if anyone has had experience of 1.  My husband had been taking one 400 inbuprofen tablet each morning for an osteoarthritic hip.  Occasionally he would take 3 in a day but rarely. He also takes omeprazole to protect the stomach along with other...

Last reply
  • Had to stop taking ibuprofen after been rushed to A&E

Hi everyone. I have health problems wont bore you. But I take alot of heavy duty meds. I was rushed to A&E the other day due to severe abdominal pain. The dr told me to stop taking the ibuprofen immediately as I use to take 4x 400mg aday for over 5 years. what I would like to know is if you get...

Last reply
  • celebrex side effects

Hi guys I've been on celebrex for 2 weeks and just the last few days I've been feeling unwell. .hard to pinpoint the exact symptoms but generally can't tolerate alot of food and general lethargy I was due to take my daily dose dinnertime but have missed it to see...

Posted
  • weight gain

Have anyone experincement weight gain with takeing Diclofenac 75mg. This is my first time using this diclofenac, and I am very scare to take this with all of the side effect that it cause.

Last reply
  • naproxen

i am on 8 mg steriods ,been on Sulphasalazin now stopped as did not feel good and mouth ulcers also naproxen i stopped yesterday ,as recent been told have a Inflammatory bowel disease also inflammatory arthritis. i have had stomach ache a couple days yesterday runs and i feel week .can...

Last reply
  • Any tips to sooth terrible stomach pain, after stopping Naproxen?

Whenever my back goes, I take naproxen and Co-Codamol alongside omeprazole for a few days as any longer causes too much discomfort and I can usually put up with just putting ice blocks to my back to help with the pain and inflammation once I'm over the worst and healing. However I am wondering...

Last reply
  • Naproxen caused me constipation! Anyone else?

I was on Naproxen for an elbow injury - torn tendons - and had to come off them due to the terrible constipation I endured while on them, despite the limited pain relief I enjoyed. I have had a medical today with my employers M.O. who is surprised to hear that Naproxen would have such a side-effect....

Last reply
  • Diclofenac side effects

:I have been prescribed Diclofenac 50mg 3 times a day for pain and restricted movement due to frozen shoulder. After 3 days of taking the tablets I started getting stomach pains and diarrhoea, so stopped taking them. On the 4th day the stomach ache lasted all day - not severe but annoying enough to be...

Last reply
  • Naproxen

I was given Naproxen lalong with Co-codomol ast week but come last Friday stopped taking it.  The bad stomach cramps I got with it was so bad almost brought me to tears,  I went to the Pharmicist and he told me that it was the Naproxen that was the cause.  I always took them with food...

Last reply
  • Naproxen & Aspirin

My instructions for taking Naproxen indicate that it should not be taken with aspirin.  My question is; how much time should I let go by after taking a Naproxen to be able to take aspirin? Thank you in advance for your response.     -Ella 

Last reply
  • Naproxen and heart burn

Hi I was prescribed this medication for back pain, but after three days I felt like a heaviness inbetween my chest bone at the top of my stomach, I felt sick and had like heart burn come intigestion I have stopped the tablets but I'm still getting the heart burn I've tried taking gavaston, how...

Last reply
  • Naproxen side effects

Hi I have failed back surgery syndrome and spinal stenosis recently I went to the Drs as I have severe shoulder pain and she prescribed naproxen for pain, told me to take for two weeks! I was on anti inflammatories years ago and they wrecked my stomach, I still take esomeprazole. Well I only took them...

Last reply
  • Meloxicam - side effects?

Hi all, I am 34 years old and I was diagnosed with Ankolysing Spondylitis earlier this year following an MRI. The doctors have me on Meloxicam for the inflammation. This past week I have had blood in my stools and nausea which is worrying me greatly. I have had no previous problems with my digestive...

Posted
  • Prp and hip bursitis

have hip bursitis and have been getting steroid shots for many years. Doctor doesn't want me to have more and I tried prp in hips a week ago. I am much worse. Don't know what to do. 

Posted
  • Mefenamic acid stopped my period?

I usually have 3-4 day long periods. However I suffer from really bad period pains, so recently I was prescribed mefenamic acid three times a day during my periods to lessen the pains. This is the first time I've used them and on the first day of my period I took three pills as instructed. They...

Last reply
  • permanent swelling from NSAIDS (Advil) allergic reaction?

Hello! This is my first post. It seems I have nowhere left to turn and doctors are giving me conflicting answers. Anyway, long story short, about a year ago I had two allergic reactions to Advil (ibuprofen). For the first reaction, I had rapid and severe swelling under and around both eyes. It started...

Last reply
  • Pain Management

I have had servere back pain for a number of years i have had 3 ops my last op being metal rod, wedges, screws, and a cage i know ouch, i now have a spinal cord stimulator, cut down my morphine from a 100 Mgs morning and night i was on 30 Mg's morning and evening,but my pain seemed to be getting...

Last reply
  • NSAID gel. Stomach problems?

I've been advised by a rheumatologist to use a NSAID gel to help with hip bursitis.  If I take oral ibuprofen I get severe stomach pain and have to take a stomach protector with it.  However, the last time I used an ibuprofen gel I vomited a few hours after applying it. The doctor said...

Last reply
  • Severe stomach cramps and diarrhoea after taking Diclofenac

After taking these tablets for three days, I started to suffer severe stomach cramps. The next day the inevitable started (diarrhoea). I am now into the third day of suffering, unable to eat or drink anything, without visiting the loo. I stopped taking the medicine, as soon as this started, but it...

Last reply
  • Help! I have an otitis externa and need advice

Hi, I have been to my doctors twice this week due to severe ear pain I have been having for a few days, they have prescribed me with some ear drops and cocodamol. The pain is still so unbearable and I took the cocodamol 2 hours ago so cannot take another dose, I was wondering if I took naproxen would...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.