Skip to content

Pain

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • pain killers not working

i’m 14 (male)  and broke my leg about a week ago, it’s not intense pain but it’s kinda hard to sleep. i’m not sure if i’m taking it correctly or if i need more dose.  i was prescribed acetaminophen and it claims it’s “extra strength” and it’s 500mg per tablet. It looks like it’s supposed to...

Last reply
  • Potential Neurological issue... Need help.

When I was younger, I was diagnosed with patite mal seizures, which was caused by head trauma. I had decreased pain and temperature sensitivity, but as the seizures stopped, so did those symptoms. The condition was found through a sleep deprived EEG. Seizures we're triggered by extreme stress. Now...

Posted
  • Pain Mgmt Drug Test Question

I have been in pain management for chronic back pain for over a year. I go through the ESI shots mid and lower back, and am prescribed hydrocodone (norco) 7.5mg. I was prescribed Tramadol 50mg early on last year and was switched mid year I think it was. I still have some Tramadol left that i usually...

Last reply
  • Pain in back around kidneys

For the last week I have been having pain in my back between my hip and ribs. It is flank pain as I read. It happens at least once a day and last about 2 to 5 minutes. The pain is horrible. I have to stop and bend with my arms on couch, counter, chair whatever and bend at the hips until it passes? What...

Posted
  • Pain In Abdomen Below Left Rib Cage

Hi guys, So I wanted to post this because after trying diagnose myself through the internet, I noticed that this problem is more common than one would think. So let me start with day one. In mid May, I got a really bad cramp in the left side of my abdomen below the rib cage. The cramp was so bad that...

Last reply
  • Why do the back of my knees hurt so much?

I'm a 31-year-old female, not overweight. Knees hurt badly after standing still even for a short while, have tried different shoes but no help. Have seen many doctors and had MRI's done and every Dr. said they can't find anything wrong. I gave up. My knees never swell or anything just pain...

Last reply
  • Chronic chest pain, abdominal pain, fatigue

Hello. I have been struggling with chronic pain and fatigue for a year. The pain is all around the rib cage and along the front of the abdomen down to the pelvis. The chest pain is constant, the abdominal pain comes and goes, sometimes with nausea (but always normal BM). I have also gained 1.5 stone...

Posted
  • Bad pain that worsens when I sit. What's wrong?

So I've been experiencing fairly bad pain in the rear/butt area that tends to radiate down my hamstrings as well. I can't sit for very long, especially in certain chairs. Mainly driving or riding in a car brings on the most pain. Within ten minutes of sitting in the car the pain gets uncomfortable...

Last reply
  • Groin pain

I am experiencing significant pain in my right groin. I'm wondering if acupuncture would help.

Posted
  • High pitched tone in my head all the time

I had to pick a somewhat random forum to post this in since I don't know what it is. I have a high pitched tone in my head all the time and it's annoying. When it first started (about ten years ago) it would be agonizing and torturously loud and would ruch on me the instant I fell asleep, catching...

Last reply
  • Chronic pain everywhere + twitching

Hi, a friend of mine is dealing with pain everywhere, and I mean everywhere and we don't understand what he has. He has seen many doctors, taken many tests (CT, MRI, fMRI, EEG, EMG, PET, MRA) and they still havent detected anything odd. Along with that, he has taken X rays everywhere and...

Last reply
  • Pain on right side of groin and buttock-Female

I'm 50 years old. I'd always practiced sports, usually aerobics and weights at the gym. About 2 months ago I walked 2 blocks and when running those 2 blocks back I felt a sharp pain on my right buttock going down my hamstring. I didn't stop. Next day I was limping and the pain was very intense....

Last reply
  • Muscle twitching and pain, mostly just one side of body

It started Oct 1 with a right index finger twitch (not tremor), I could see the muscle on the inside of the finger firing causing my finger to move away from the rest of my fingers, it lasted only a couple of seconds. It happened 3 seperate times that day, the next day my thumb and middle finger of right...

Last reply
  • Pain along and under rib-cage after flu

Hi folks.  I'd be interested to know if anyone has had something like this before. I had a pretty nasty case of flu about 2 weeks ago with high temperatures and all the usual symptoms. After that was about a week of uncontrollable dry-coughing. I could barely sleep as each breath caused me...

Last reply
  • Burning thigh and Inner thigh and pain

Started in October 2017. Intense pain and burning on left and inner thigh to groin radiating around hip to lower left back and buttock. Burning on leg. Stabbing pain whenever including knee. This does what it wants and wherever. The muscles are so sore when pressed it feels like I’ve been kicked repeatedly...

Posted
  • Worried

Hi everyone I am a 13 years old student from HK. This morning I went to my football training as usual and a football accidentally hit my head (the middle top) I feel fine at the first 15 minutes but after that I stared to have headache and nausea.When I returned home I vomit some yellow bitter mucus....

Last reply
  • Stinging pain during movement below right ribs

Hi For the last couple of days I've been getting an odd pain and I'm hoping some of you might be able to give me some ideas of what it might be. The pain has a stinging, sore, scratchy type feel to it, like the pain you experience when you rub something against a fresh skin graze. It is located...

Posted
  • Episodes of pain/numbness going up body and down left arm??!

Hello, I hope I'm putting this in the right place These are my relative's symptoms. She went to the hospital after being very worried about a potential heart attack, but they have confirmed that it's neither that nor a stroke. So I am confused about what it could potentially be. The only...

Last reply
  • Pain, numbness, and tingling in lower leg and foot

On Saturday 18th June, I noticed after sitting for a while that the front of my lower leg had went very numb. I got up to try and walk it off but the numbness would not subside. I was very concerned, so I went to the doctor on the Monday (2 days later). The doctor seemed unsure of what the issue may...

Last reply
  • Unexplained pain in my gum/face

Back in December I started getting regular pain in my gum on the top left side to the point that the pain was waking me up in the night. Often the pain spreads into my cheek and jaw. The pain can last up to an hour, even after taking painkillers. It comes back every few hours. My teeth felt fine and...

Last reply
  • Going on 4 years of chronic pain. I need help.

I’ve seen just about every kind of doctor in the last 4 years. I’m a 20 year old female who experiences constant joint pain and laxity, muscle aches, fatigue, digestive issues/nausea, as well as thyroid fluctuations and PSCOS. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Ehlers Danlos syndrome, but...

Last reply
  • Stem cell paste injection for nerve pain

Hello everyone, I would like to update on my recent stem cell paste injection for nerve pain. I received in January & June stem cell paste injection for pudendal neuralgia & bulging disc pain. Dr. Todd Malan of Scottsdale ,Arizona harvested adipose (fat) tissue from my abdomin through a mini-liposuction....

Last reply
  • What could this be?

I've been very ill for the past few months, My symptoms are: A lot of joint and bone pain in my entire body. Is present during the entire day and nothing I do makes it better. Shortness of breath and fast heartbeat with walking, climbing stairs etc. Forgetful, often I can't find the right words....

Last reply
  • Sudden sharp stabbing pain in front of left shin just below knee!

I've had this on and off maybe once every couple of weeks, but today its happened about 5 times! If I kneel on my left leg to do something I suddenly get a very sharp stabbing pain in the front of my leg just below the knee slightly to the left! Its not a shin splint as its not right next to my shin...

Last reply
  • Low Blood Pressure On Hydromorphone Contin. Should I be concerned?

After exhausting all non-opioid options, my Physician has placed me on Hydromorphone Contin. ​I was first given a number of short acting opiates, which proved to be rather ineffective. Last prescribed was short acting Hydromorphone @ 8 mg's, four times a day. Yesterday, was switched to Hydromorphone...

Last reply
  • Neck pain

Does anyone else ever get pain in their neck near where their skull attaches to their spine?  Anyone else has experience with this? Can you tell what reasons behind it

Last reply
  • Head sensations!

I'm getting so annoyed with these head pains!! I had a ct scan 8 weeks ago and got told I had a bleed on the brain! 2 days later i had an MRI scan..... No bleed, no lesions everything ok. I ended up back in a&e with the worry and head pains a few weeks later..... a different radiologist looked...

Last reply
  • groin/hip pain

So I wrote last year, DEC 24th 2016 For a whole year I was in HORRIFIC pain, cat scans, MRI's PT was all done,  Dr,, kept saying normal, normal, normal on everything ! In September of 2017 We went to Mayo Clinic,  Well guess what, MRI repeated: because The REAL DOCTOR at Mayo Clinic said...

Last reply
  • Right arm pain

Hi everyone, looking to see if I can get a bit of an idea of what I may have. My problem is my right arm. About two to three months ago at work all of a sudden I got a funny pain in my right ear, then out of nowhere just behind my ear lobe it started to swell. I went to the doctors who asked me if I...

Last reply
  • I’ve had groin pain for 6 month

Back in July I used a cross trainer while attempting to lose weight  On and off since I get groin pain at my right side, sometimes it’s the annoying uncomfortable pain others it takes a few minutes on massaging before it calms down. Last weekend (Saturday) I landed in a&e because after moving...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.