Skip to content

Pain

Also known as Acupan, Co-proxamol, Dexketoprofen, Diclofenac, Etodolac, Etoricoxib, Flurbiprofen, Ibuprofen, Indometacin, Ketoprofen, Mefenamic acid, Meloxicam, Naproxen, Nefopam, Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS), NSAIDS, Piroxicam, TENS Machines

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I Need a Diagnosis!

Long post incoming (sorry in advance but any help would be a lifesaver!) So, little intro, I have been in constant severe pain for 7-8 years, nobody has been able to diagnose me with anything in particular and it's getting steadily worse. I was hoping that some of you lovely people on here would...

Last reply
  • Pain at the top of stomach only when I move

Hello All All day I seem to have a small band of sharp, sore type pain across the top of my stomach, about an inch below my sternum, that occurs only when I move, especially when leaning forward. There are no other symptoms other than I feel like I need to burp a lot, a lot of abdominal churning, gurgling...

Last reply
  • Pain

I have had the worst pain in my leg since Saturday but it had gotten worse on the Sunday, I don’t know why to do, it is so sore when walking and using the stairs it’s only been 5 days, what should I do?

Last reply
  • Sharp shooting pain in my left side abdomen.

Hello, All day I have had a sharp shooting pain in my left hand side of my abdomen then the pains goes to a faint pain but I can still feel it sometimes the pain that bad I have to curl over or hold my left hand side or put my knees up, what could this be?

Last reply
  • Pain in left side of chest, neck, & under arm - need help

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for reading and responding. I am looking for ideas or similar experiences, which could help me figure out what exactly is wrong with me and what to do about it. I am 37 years old and have had problems with pain on the left side of my body for the last two years. Used...

Last reply
  • Pain In Abdomen Below Left Rib Cage

Hi guys, So I wanted to post this because after trying diagnose myself through the internet, I noticed that this problem is more common than one would think. So let me start with day one. In mid May, I got a really bad cramp in the left side of my abdomen below the rib cage. The cramp was so bad that...

Last reply
  • Muscle twitching and pain, mostly just one side of body

It started Oct 1 with a right index finger twitch (not tremor), I could see the muscle on the inside of the finger firing causing my finger to move away from the rest of my fingers, it lasted only a couple of seconds. It happened 3 seperate times that day, the next day my thumb and middle finger of right...

Last reply
  • Undiagnosed irregular leg pain.

Hi, I'm 28 year old male, over the past 10 years I've been having irregular leg pain in both legs. It starts in my feet and works into my ankles, through my shins and up to my knees, it's always in both legs simultaneously. The pain is a dull burning ache. Paracetamol seems to stop the pain...

Last reply
  • UNDIAGNOSED

Please somebody try to help me figure this out.  I will take any opinion and I am desperate for answers considering doctors have absolutely no clue what is going on. 2 ½ years ago I started with a rash all over my arms, torso, and legs, doctors thought it was eczema and sent me away with cream...

Last reply
  • Knife like stabbing pain in stomach

Hi All Any ideas what a sharp, knife like stabbing pain in the stomach could be? I'm getting it right in the centre of my upper abdomen about an inch or two below my sternum. The pain is random in occurrence, and last for about 5 - 10 seconds, then goes away again. It's done it a few times this...

Last reply
  • Thigh pain

I have recently have pain in my right upper thigh. It usually occurs when I've been sitting or walking for a while but when i lie down or elevate the leg it settles and I feel relieved. There is no swelling or discoloration, just the pain. Any advice out there that could help? Many thanks.

Last reply
  • Pain along and under rib-cage after flu

Hi folks.  I'd be interested to know if anyone has had something like this before. I had a pretty nasty case of flu about 2 weeks ago with high temperatures and all the usual symptoms. After that was about a week of uncontrollable dry-coughing. I could barely sleep as each breath caused me...

Last reply
  • Pain When I Swallow

This has been on for approximately two months now. I feel pain sometimes along my throat as though my Adam's apple were spiny and pushing against my skin; keep in mind that my Adam's apple is neither visible nor palpable. Sometimes I feel the pain around the left side of my throat. The pain varies...

Last reply
  • Co-proxamol Debacle!

MHRA IS A REPREHENSIBLE AND DISHONEST ORGANISATION AND HAS SCANT REGARD FOR PATIENT SAFETY & WELLBEING! My quest for answers regarding Co-proxamol began in June 2008 under a Labour administration and unfortunately nothing has changed with this government. None of my questions have been answered...

Last reply
  • Chest, abdominal and back pain. Any ideas why?

Hi Everyone Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on some recent pains I've been getting, and what could be causing them. Just so you know I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, Anxiety and IBS. I'm also currently under investigation for Crohn's Disease of the small...

Last reply
  • Naproxen messed up my stomach.

Hi Just over two weeks ago I was prescribed naproxen for a ongoing shoulder complaint that I have had. As advised, the next day I took 1 tablet with lunch and another with dinner. The next morning I was doubled over in pain in the centre of my back and stomach. I booked an emergency doctors appointment...

Last reply
  • Hip pain / ache

Male 57 and my list of problems is getting bigger please below. Today i want to ask about my left hip it's been clicking for 7 years now and then and this year it's started to ache and pain that goes across my back to my other hip, i know it maybe worn out like my shoulder is but just wanted...

Last reply
  • Co-proximal

I have been reading the discussions on Co-Proximal,I have also been taken of this drug 5months ago. Since then I have tried several other drugs but none of them work, some of the side affects are really bad,did not have any problems with Co-Proximal. I had been taking them for many years firstly for...

Last reply
  • High pitched tone in my head all the time

I had to pick a somewhat random forum to post this in since I don't know what it is. I have a high pitched tone in my head all the time and it's annoying. When it first started (about ten years ago) it would be agonizing and torturously loud and would ruch on me the instant I fell asleep, catching...

Last reply
  • Chronic leg pains since childhood, worse with cold weather.

I've gone to several doctors, found countless forums, and have tried various treatments, but I haven't found a single definite answer or diagnosis for my leg pains. I'm sure anyone who has them can relate to these characteristics, randomly occurring, no fixed amount of time, worsens with...

Last reply
  • Lower left side pain - not kidneys- help!

Hi  I had a kidney infection Nov 2016 - and was hospitalised for it. From then on I’ve had what I thought were recuring UTI’s. I’d get all the symptoms without the burning feeling when you pee - but I’d get the lower back pain - nausea - etc and the dr would prescribe antibiotics and I’d feel better...

Last reply
  • Sudden sharp and severe pain in right lower shin

Hello everyone. I've been having very sharp and severe pain that radiates in my lower right shin bone. It comes on every few minutes and even wakes me up at night. The pain has been severe enough that it can make me feel nauseous. ​The skin around the area is not discolored. There is no swelling...

Posted
  • pain in the adductors

Hello, I know that the answers here do not replace a visit to the doctor, but maybe someone has an opinion or experience of the same thing. I have been plagued for some time by pain from the lower abdomen to the pubic bone and down to the adductors (on both sides). Since I am over 35 years old and was...

Last reply
  • Stinging pain during movement below right ribs

Hi For the last couple of days I've been getting an odd pain and I'm hoping some of you might be able to give me some ideas of what it might be. The pain has a stinging, sore, scratchy type feel to it, like the pain you experience when you rub something against a fresh skin graze. It is located...

Last reply
  • Sudden sharp stabbing pain in front of left shin just below knee!

I've had this on and off maybe once every couple of weeks, but today its happened about 5 times! If I kneel on my left leg to do something I suddenly get a very sharp stabbing pain in the front of my leg just below the knee slightly to the left! Its not a shin splint as its not right next to my shin...

Last reply
  • 3months post double hip surgery !

Active sport PT kinds person here , at 65 . . .After 3 months of doing fabulous from double hip surgery I suddeningly started to feel soreness in my quads ... which prevents me from walking properly ... ibuprofen is suggested by hospital team saying it’s  the healing process . Anyone with such problems...

Last reply
  • Is pain on one rib while dealing with mucus congestion a concern?

So I've been a recurring mucus problem every year, usually during winter. I dealt with it for half of winter this year and come spring it came back and but a few days ago I started feeling a pain in my left rib (slightly when I inhale deeply through my mouth or laugh, and more painfully when I cough)....

Last reply
  • Chronic pain everywhere + twitching

Hi, a friend of mine is dealing with pain everywhere, and I mean everywhere and we don't understand what he has. He has seen many doctors, taken many tests (CT, MRI, fMRI, EEG, EMG, PET, MRA) and they still havent detected anything odd. Along with that, he has taken X rays everywhere and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.