Skip to content
Ad

Penicillin Antibiotics

Also known as Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Augmentin, Co-amoxiclav, Co-fluampicil, Floxapen, Flucloxacillin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Aching Tendons.

Was in agony with my right foot and the doctor gave me Flucloxacillin, after a day my lower left leg became numb. Also prescribed Neproxen to get rid of the pain.  Was already on Apixaban, Ramipril and Bisoprolol to recover from my stroke as well. Just wonder if any one else as had this problems...

Posted
  • Augmentin for pneumonia

I'm on 3rd day of Augmentin (for pneumonia) and have upper stomach pain along wI think shakiness and periods of profuse sweating. Not sure what's from the Augmentin and what's from the Prednisone I'm also on, but wondering if these side effects will get better or worse?

Posted
  • Burning in Vagina and Anus

Five months ago I took Augmentin for a sinus infection. A few weeks later my vaginal area started to burn, then the perineum and the anus inside was burning. The gynie said I had a yeast and bv infection and gave me flagyl and diflucan. My infections went away but not the horrible burning! The inside...

Last reply
  • Help

So I went to the ER recently because I got sick a couple days ago it started out with my nose, congestion and pressure runny nose and stuff. Then I got a netti pot and my congestion went away but then my threat started hurting and I took medicine but I just kept getting worse so now I lost my voice...

Posted
  • Co-amoxiclav

I've had a nasty ear infection in my left ear, I went to my GP and the prescribed me flucloxacillin, it didn't work after 5 days so I went to an A&E, they told me it wasn't strong enough, for the record I haven't had allergies before so I believed I had none, they prescribed...

Posted
  • Taking Flucloxacillin for Cellulitis; broken out in hives!

Hey everynoe, I've had 2 bouts of cellulitis in 2 months, and I've taken Clarithromycin but it made my stomach really hurt so the doctor gave me flucloxicillin and that got rid of the first lot. When it came back I went on flucloxacillin again for 1 week now have to do another week. However,...

Last reply
  • Co amoxiclav and liver damage

After 11 long weeks I can say I'm am now well and truly in the mend after what had been an awful few months. I had co amoxiclav for an infection which after only 8 tablets ended up damaging my liver. I've had jaundice, Puritis, extreme fatigue, upset tummy, dark urine, white coated tongue and...

Posted
  • Be careful - Flucloxacillin can make you feel very unwell!

I have just started a course of these and took my first capsule at 16.00 0n 21/8/08, an hour before food / on an empty stomach. At 20.30, I suddenly had severe heartburn followed by sickness and diarrheoa, which lasted until 01.00. I remembered that this happened the first time I took these and was...

Last reply
  • Co-amoxiclav reactions

I was on co-amoxiclav for 8 days for an infection. A day after the course had finished I felt so unwell, shaky, dry mouth, dark wee and fatigued. I thought I was dehydrated. My dr ordered bloods. Results came back as liver damage. By this time I was also slightly jaundiced. Waiting for a liver scan this...

Last reply
  • Flucloxacillin for 7 years, are there any long term effects

Shortly after I turned 22 I began to suffer form acne, (I never had any issues with bad skin growing up or thought my teenage years) but never the less over night it seemed to happen, although only on my chin and around the mouth? I tried everything possible, creams, ointments, changing my contraceptive...

Posted
  • Co-amoxiclav 500/125 tablets.

my husband suffers with acute dizziness. I think it is caused by him taking these tablets 3 times a day for the last four years.  Hospital started him on Co-amoxiclav four years ago, doctors treating him for 'Nocardia' I am at my lowest ebb, watching him suffer so much.  Surely this...

Posted
  • Doxycycline side effects

has anyone experienced major dizziness after taking doxycycline or a related antibiotic. I took it for sinus infection. The sinus infection is better, but after 7 days, I stopped taking it due to extreme dizziness and am on day 3 post and am still having tummy and dizziness issues. Would love to hear...

Posted
  • Flucoxacillin causing sore mouth?!?

Hello everyone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My mother was recently prescribed flucloxacillin for a suspected abcess. She has been taking them around a week now. But this evening she began to notice her tongue becoming very red and painful. Her lips where also becoming in what she describes...

Last reply
  • Flucloxacillin causing me bad discomfort!!

Hello i got put on flucloxacillin due to a infection but from the day i started it ive been having stomach pains, tight chest and terrible headaches does anyone think i should go see my gp or just carry them on?

Last reply
  • Bleeding from antibiotics

I was put on antibiotics for a rash on my face by my doctor which looks a lot like perioral dermatitis, they were flucuxocillin?? If that's how you spell it but you probably know what I mean, and I had them for 7 days didn't really get Rid of the rash but now the first day off them I noticed...

Last reply
  • Co-Amoxiclav problem

I was sent home from hospital with these tablets, the dosage was 625 three times aday. I have managed 3 days but for the last two days I have been in agony with stomach cramps and diarrhoea. I feel awful, in pain and so tired. I am definately never taking these again. :oops:

Last reply
  • Flucloxacillin and Metronidazole

I had pain from a wisdom tooth so I was prescribed metronidazole from my dentist, however I also spotted spots almost like boils and acne appear on my neck face and back (this was before I started metronidazole). I went to my GP and he prescribed me flucloxacillin for the spots! Within the first 12 hours...

Last reply
  • Floxacillin -are the side effects worth it?

hi - just thought I'd add my penny worth to the side effects debate with this drug. My husband is just getting over having legionella and unfortunately his trachaetomy site has got infected so was prescribed this 4 times a day , after two days of taking them he complained of really bad indigestion...

Last reply
  • SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS TO FLUCLOXACILLLIN

After only 2 days of taking Floxacillin - I have never felt so ill in my life - I woke up to severe vomitting & diahorrea, a constant headache and aching body - I stopped taking Floxacillin yesterday morning and still feel awful. I also have a very strong taste of salt in my mouth which won't...

Last reply
  • Penicillin Long term use side effects?

I had a splenectomy 12 years ago and I have been on a daily dose of penicillin V ever since. Has anyone had any side effects from the Pen V? In particular thinning of the hair and skin? Constant anxiety and poor sleep patterns. i may be clutching at straws but this is the only Med that I have not tried...

Last reply
  • side affects from co-amoxiclav 500/125

I have been suffering with an ear infection so my gp perscribed me co-amoxiclav... since taking thse i have felt very out of character , dizzy ,faint, sick , hot / cold and also wanting to no if anyone else has had similar side affects?? my heart also speeds up n slows down which for me is out of...

Last reply
  • Side effects of antibiotics!!!!!!

Hi All, on a course of antibiotics for H Pylori, having lots of side effects, but the one that worries me is a sore chest, it calms down with rest then flares when I'm on the move, anyone else had this side effect???? The doctor said it could be a side effect because they are powerful drugs, still...

Posted
  • TabletsPivmecillian

My mum was given these to take 13 days ago the first 10 days she was not monitered I didn't know at the time as I live in a different area of great britain. She has been apparently acting weird not speaking, being dissorientated,getting confused etc. If she had taken the 3 tablets each day altogether...

Posted
  • Co-amoxiclav

Hi I had a baby 10 days ago after having unexplained gushes of blood inbeetween was prescribed co-amoxiclav I've just taken 4th tablet a hour ago and now I've had to run to toilet I feel sick to my stomach and like I have a stomach bug but worse because I feel so weak ! Is this normal? They...

Posted
  • Why did I have a fever after flucloxacillin reaction?

Would flucloxacillin reaction lead to fever?Posted about 17 hours agoHi there I recently was prescribed medication for some itchy and annoying bites I obtained whilst in Venice. Despite me telling the Walk In centre I had an allergy to penicillin, they prescribed me flucloxacillin- I took one (I...

Posted
  • floxacillin

Hi, I've be given floxacillin to treat my toe nail which is infected I've been on the antibiotic since Sunday and was wondering if it is okay to drink alcohol with it. I'm going to a big party tomorrow night and would like to have a drink, wasn't sure if it would be safe or not

Posted
  • Knee replacement and Anxiety

Anyone experienced anxiety while recovering from Knee Replacement? I have tremors, bleary vision, balance, extreme fatigue. I have always had anxiety but not these symptoms. I am 74 years old. Knee Replacement on July 13 Best Wishes, Fjohn

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.