Skip to content
Ad

Ranitidine

Also known as Gavilast, Zantac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Dev0815 Dev0815

Drowsiness?

My doc prescribed me Zantac for gastritis. I took one dose yesterday evening and one this morning. When I took one yesterday I didn't feel any side effects but this morning I definitely feel a little drowsiness. I haven't ate anything since taking it though. Anyone else experience this? 

All discussions in this group

• Drowsiness?

My doc prescribed me Zantac for gastritis. I took one dose yesterday evening and one this morning. When I took one yesterday I didn't feel any side effects but this morning I definitely feel a little drowsiness. I haven't ate anything since taking it though. Anyone else experience this? 

Posted
  • Lansoprazole to Ranitidine

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum I hope I can get a bit of reassurance that I'm not the only one who feels all these strange symptoms! I'm a 21 year old otherwise healthy female and never had any medical problems until now. I went to the doctor this summer as I'd started feeling...

Last reply
  • Joint pain side effects of Ranitidine?

I take Ranitidine 150 mg twice a day but have experienced joint pain since I have been on them.   Has anyone else experienced this side effect?   I also have the same symptoms when I take Gaviscon.  

Last reply
  • RANITIDINE 300MG

Hi can anyone help i have been told to take RANITIDINE 300MG one a day at 11pm by my doctor, but on the net it says take before food ? I was on Esomeprazole 20mg twice a day for a few months but started getting bad itching and burning on my face so that's why i had to change tablets.

Last reply
  • Anyone have experience using Zantac 150 mg for Silent Reflux?

I have been diagnosed with Silent Reflux with my ENT today. I have had a sharp pinching/burning sensation on the left side of my throat. It is very painful and annoying and my ENT said it was silent reflux. I've bought 150 mg worth of Zantac. Anyone with a similar experience knows how long it takes...

Posted
  • Ranitidine 300 2x a day GERD

I have been taking this medication 2x a day for about 3 weeks now and I believe its causing me terrible side effects. Everything was good the first week, but then I started to have SEVERE headache where nothing was making them better, nausea, diarrhea, anxiety, dizziness and lack of sex drive (which...

Last reply
  • Ranitidine 150mg casuing red cheeks

This question is more for my 14 year old sister. She's been taking ranitidine 150mg for around two weeks and its now casuing her to have redness around her cheek. We are not sure if its from the ranitidine but her cheeks always get brighter once shes taken the tablet. Shes set on the fact its nothing...

Posted
  • Teenage son taking Ranitidine long term

My 18 year old son has been taking Ranitidine for just over a year. He has been diagnosed as having GERD and generally the ranitidine seems to work with the symptoms. He can usually eat most things ok all tough he does sometimes get nauseous after eating certain things. The main issue that he seems to...

Last reply
  • Ranitdine

Getting a dry rash on hand and forehead after taking 300mg Ranitdine. Didn't start until a couple days later after taking. Anybody else had this problem?

Last reply
  • Sore throat

Hi can anyone tell me please , Can i use chloraseptic spray while on prednisolone for GCA ! thank you !

Posted
  • hair loss???

Anyone had hair loss as a side effect?  There are a long list of side effects in the leaflet very much the same as the lansoprazole i was on before ... im just starting ranitidine today.  

Last reply
  • I have Gastitis, now trying silicolgel. Anyone else tried it?

I have been diagnosed with gastritis since February this year. But I've been suffering since November last year. I've had all the zoles, and ranitidine. But the side effects were dreadful. I've been juicing for around 8 months which seems to help. I stopped drinking milk, but now I'm...

Last reply
  • ranitidine and sore throat

Been waking up with sore throat every am.  Have acid reflux. Was taking 150 mg ranitidine twice a day - one tab in am and one before bedtime.  Just change my routine in the last two days - now taking 300 mg dosage before bedtime (after discussing this with my doc) and it seems to help a lot. ...

Last reply
  • Ranitidine

I've been taking Ranitidine 150mg tabs for a few months now and don't really see an improvement in my stomach pains at the moment. It sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't. I take this at the same time with Citalopram (for stress and anxiety only).

Last reply
  • Ranitidine 300mg

Ive just came back from docs with my on going tummy issues, got more bloods taken.....ALOT of blood lol.....anyway the doc gave me a months worth of Ranitine, ive to take 1 x 300mg at night before bed as i hate taking meds and side effects make my anxiety crazy! Is 300mg alot to take???

Last reply
  • Is Ranitidine sedating?

Im already fatigued due to other conditions. Will this make me extra sleepy? Has anyone experienced problems with breathing or other serious side effects from this?

Last reply
  • Omeprezole and gassy stomach?

I have mild gastitis and have been on omeprezole, I didn't really have any side effects until after being on it for a few weeks where I have a rumbling growling stomach and loose bowels, it feels like a build up of gas in abdomen which is a little uncomfortable, just wondered if anyone else had...

Last reply
  • increased nausea with zantac?

I have been on zantac for gastitis for a few weeks now, I was initially experiencing the odd nausea in the morning but just recently it seems to be alot more, has anyone else found this?

Posted
  • How long can gastitis last?

How long can gastitis last? I have had it for nearly three months now, well it started a bit before that but the symptoms were pretty vague just with nausea and then the loss of appetite but with no major symptoms with it and then bang I seem to have more symptoms now. I have a hernia moderate one and...

Posted
  • I was on Ranitidine twice a day for eight weeks. I found...

I was on Ranitidine twice a day for eight weeks. I found it worked fine but as the weeks passed I found I was suffering a stiff neck every day from when I woke up to going to sleep. I started to take Paracetamol to counteract the stiffness but as that became an everyday occurance I spoke the the doctor...

Last reply
  • Ranitidine

I have been taking 300mg of ranitidine at night for about 4 months and aboutg 6 weeks ago I developed a rash between my bra and belly button, very itchy and also very itchy spots right down my spine - I have Barretts and need meds to keep the acid out. I also take lansoprazole in the mornings, but by...

Last reply
  • Sore throat and Ranitidine????

Diagnosed with Barretts 2 1/2 years ago - been taking Ranitidine 300 mg once a day until about 2 weeks ago.  Doc changed dosage to 150 mg twice a day b/c I was experiencing sore throat every day that lasts most of the day.  After dosage change, still the same with the sore throat.  Has...

Posted
  • Zantac and burning skin sensation

I've been prescribed Zantac for acid reflux and within a week began experiencing burning sensations on my face with large red patches on my skin. I looked the problem up on the internet and discovered on the following site: www.mhra.gov.uk that large numbers of other people have experienced similar...

Posted
  • Ranitidine 300mg

As a reflux disease sufferer, I have been taking two 300mg Ranitidine tablets daily for 18months, as prescribed by my doctor. This medication is enabling me to live a normal life, free from the pain of acid reflux. I hope there are no long-term affects from such a high dosage, but I feel I have little...

Last reply
  • Ranitidine - morning or night?

I get severe indigestion, which often makes me feel sick and bloated. I went to the doctors because it was happening rather too regularly, and was given omeprazole. I got home and took one, and almost immediately felt a whole heap worse and ended up buying anti-nausea tablets (Motillium 10). I refused...

Last reply
  • Still a good option.

I have tried several antacids - had a duodenal ulcer! Most have given me a stiff neck to the extent of making me light headed - possible restriction of blood to the head ? The other problems were insomnia and extreme tiredness. Ranitidine has a good safety record - one of the very few antacids which...

Last reply
  • Ranitadine AND baby

My 8 month old baby has been on ranitadine for two weeks now. So far he is much more comfortable and has finally begun sleeping through the night. He was waking between two and ten times and is now waking once or twice or even not at all. He has now gone off his 'wedge' having reached 20lbs....

Posted
  • ranitidine

i was one of the unfortunate ones to get the diarrhoea... headaches... tiredness and the sore throat. ive felt terrible for 3 days but the tablets are working to an extent. gonna have to ring the doctor tomorrow and see if its ok to carry on taking them.

Posted
  • Ranitidine

*Skin darkening on arm *Nervousness & confusion (thinking I was 'losing it' *Delirium upon waking at night Reading the side effects on the net confirmed my suspiscions - I'm throwing the packet in the bin. Back to a pack of quick ease a day. Bummer

Posted
  • Prescribed Ranitidine 150mg once daily while taking Aspi...

Prescribed Ranitidine 150mg once daily while taking Aspirin to prevent possible stomach upset. After 2 weeks had to stop Ranitidine as my calves ached and the soles of my feet felt as though I was walking on cobble stones in bare feet. My feet were tender even touching the floor while sitting and at...

Posted
  • My 8 month old baby has suffered severe wind (burping) s...

My 8 month old baby has suffered severe wind (burping) since 2 weeks old with reflux and was prescribed 1.7 mg Ranitidine x2 per day about a month ago. Gradually, since he began taking it, I have noticed an improvement in that he can now lie on his back without protesting and trying to turn over and...

Posted

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.