Skip to content

Scarlet Fever

All discussions in this group

Next
  • dawn 65866 1

Scarlet b Fever

I contracted Scarlet Fever as a child in the 1940s was put in an isolation hospital for over a month , have recently suffered contious coughing past 2 years plus sometimes have difficulty talking xrays found puddles of mucus in my right lung and infectioin in my left lung have had various procedures...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • c30262 1

Rubella or Scarlet Fever!

My son who will be 3 in April has been on antibiotics (not penicillin as his allergic). He also has asthma. His diagnosis GP- after noticing the rash 2 days prior is German measles. He however has a strawberry tongue and his feverish. His head is aching and when noticing the rash 2 days prior his tummy...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Sally 66 3
  • VAO 1

Tiredness after Scarlet Fever in child

My 6 year old son has recently had scarlet fever which I caught as soon as the rash appeared and got antibiotics the same day. 10 days on penicllin then unfortunately less than a week later he got a secondary inner ear infection. He is finished the 2nd round of antibiotics/amoxycillin today. He seems...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kate61223 1

Scarlet Fever

My nephews have been diagnosed with Scarlet Fever and I'm due to give birth in 16 days.  Will a blood test indicate whether I've contracted Scarlet Fever?

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • Guest M

Scarlet Fever with complications

My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with scarlet fever by the GP. Her symptoms were, high temperature, shivering, sore throat, swollen glands, eyes sensitive to light, no energy and a rash that begun on her neck and spread to the rest of her body and face. :oops: She was given penicillin, parocetomal...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Marina Dee 6

Scarlet fever on the increase in schools around here

Scarlet fever ,or Scarlatina as it is sometimes called is affecting many pupils in the schools here in Kent,England. I understand all the country is likely to see occurrences of it in the next few weeks. I have had this twice....once when I was 3 and again at 16. At 3 I developed a complication of an...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • barry35426 1

Is it 100 % scarlet fever

My 10 year old was diagnosed with scarlet fever,  all classic symptoms, fever , strawberry tounge, sand paper rash, ect, however after 3 days of antibiotics a throat swab was done by doctor which has come back as normal, could this be that the antibiotics and worked and no longer infected or he has some...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • topnbop 1

fingers peeling

HI, My 8yr old son has been in hospital with scarlet fever recentley (been home 3days). He has just shown me his thumbs n index fingers on both hands and the top of them are without skin! he doesnt know how they have got like this and his right index finger has a big bubble under the skin like its going...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Hopeyouallfeelbettersoon 1

Scarlet Fever

I found it really useful reading others' descriptions of scarlet fever so am posting mine, especially as it was only reading this site that made me realise what I had - I had been diagnosed first with a viral throat, then tonsillitis but had never heard of that having a rash even though I showed it to...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Diagnosed with scarlet Fever

I've been diagnosed with scarlet fever today. 2 days ago I was shivering non stop and couldn't get warm at all. This continued all day yesterday although I bought some Beechams which made me sweat. The sore throat came on yesterday and it was extremely hard to swallow. This morning I woke up covered...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

scarlatina

my 2 and half year old son developed a pinprick rask all over the front and back of his trunk on a thursday, with a slight temperature, on the friday the doctors said it was viral, there was nothing they could do andf to give him calpol, the saturday morning he woke up with a swollen and puffy face and...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Scarlett Fever

I'm 43 years old and have just been diagnosed with scarlet fever. I started with a sore throat with difficulty swallowing. I felt unwell and thought I had strep throat as I had had this under two years ago. GP gave me penicillin. That evening, I noticed my face looked flushed and then discovered a rash...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Scarlet fever

I am a GP Registrar and I am working in a very busy surgery. I ahve seen a patient with widespread rash 2 weeks ago, she did not have anyother symtoms when came to see me and as generally well, with no temperature. I rang the microbilogy department for advise, thinking it can be Rubella. The advised...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Geraldina 1

HELP - Constant Scarlet Fever Relapses.

My five year old son came down with classic scarlet fever symptoms 23 days ago but was just given cefalexin for six days, as the doctor didn't realise it was scarlet fever and just thought it was a viral rash due to possible urinary infection.The sandpaper rash did clear up but came back within a few...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Scarlet fever does it go on for ever?

My 16 year old daughter was diagnosed with A typical scarlet fever when she was about 6 years old. This was after being sent home from school with a temperature of 104 and having a sore throat a headache stomach ache and being sick. We took her to the dr's and she was seen by a nurse who thought she...

• Guest M

Scarlet Fever = HELL

I've got scarlet fever. I'm 11. I've missed 1 test (an English one), I'm missing our class assembly on electricity and I'm going to miss the exam which I have to take to get into high school. Plus I feel awful. I've got a wiered rash all on my body, a nearly completely red tongue & a terribly sore...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

scarlet fever

My son had scarlet fever when he was 4. I see that the description didn't mention that the \"rash\" will eventually cover most of the body (and I mean EVERYWHERE) and then peel similar to a sunburn. He had only the fever and rash though. No other symptoms and nobody else in the house caught...

• Guest M

My children fell ill early October, I had to fight and f...

My children fell ill early October, I had to fight and fight to get help for them from my local surgery, eventually having to go into hospital via a backdoor approach to see a good paediatrician, they had so many antibiotics and were on max calpol and neurofen daily and nightly for weeks with raging...

• Guest M

Scarlet fever diagnosis

I am 43 and about 10 days ago developed flu like symptoms. Then a raging tempurature and rash started to cover my body from face downwards. about 3 days after feeling ill I was diagnosed with Scarlet fever. I have never felt so ill and lost half a stone in weight over the week. I have just completed...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

I'm recovering from scarlet fever

I am 10 years old and I am recovering from scarlet fever. It is not nice having this, on Thursday last week I came home from school and I felt poorly, the next day I had a sore throat, head ache and high temp. On Saturday I also had a rash and stiff neck. Sunday my parents took me to the local hospital...

• Guest M

my 3yr old diagnosed with scarlet fever

my 3 year old daughter was feeling porley sore throat went off her food on friday. saturday nite her throat swelled up she was finding it difficult to swallow water she was dribbling quit a lot she was very hot n high temp then on sunday she had a red rash cum on her neck then hand then it quickley...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

I had scarlet fever

I had scarlet fever in May last year and i went to see my doctor and she gave me penicillin and said it was normally seen in children under 10 and i was 16.. soo she was quite shocked, but after it was starting to go away my skin on my hands started to peal away and it was quite embarassing as i had...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

13th day into Scarlet Fever

My 3 and a half year old son started to feel poorly on boxing day. By 7pm he had a temperature and started vomiting. We thought it was the sickness bug that had been doing the rounds over Christmas. He continued vomitting for 2 days and was totally lifeless, sleeping a lot. He couldn't talk properly...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

scarlet fever

My sister died in the war of this sickness. It is good to hear that it can be cured nowadays.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Scarlet Fever Notifiable Disease

My 4 year old Grand Daughter was diagnosed on Monday in having Scarlet Fever, as soon as I found out I informed the school where she attends nursery. I asked them if they would send out a letter to parents advising them off this and to seek their GPs advice if their children had any of the symptons and...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Scarlet Fever????

Took my 3.5 to doctor today. She has a sandpaper like red pimply rash on her whole back, neck, chest, arms and upper thighs for 2-3 days. Has had a mild fever and had flushed cheeks a few days ago for 2 days. Glands are swollen and tongue is red. Also she has been really naughty and uncooperative which...

• littlemo 1

I am currently being treated for what my doctor thinks could

be Scarlet fever. My whole mouth is very raw, red and extremly sore. I can only eat soups. My whole body apart from my face is covered in a rash. I have beed taking penicillen for 48 hours and I think it is starting to work. I am 51 years old and would never have expected to contract something that was...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

I was diagnosed with Scarlet Fever in December 1948. I w...

I was diagnosed with Scarlet Fever in December 1948. I was then sent to an isolation hospital near Salisbury. My parents then told me as soon as i left the health people came and fumigated the house. In the village i lived in there was about 7 or 8 cases of it and we all ended up i the isolation hospital....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My 6 year old daughter was diagnosed with scarletina tod...

My 6 year old daughter was diagnosed with scarletina today. It started on Friday with a sore throat, very high temp and dizzyness and physically drained. By Saturday the spots appeared, little red spots like sandpaper all over her body. By Sunday I had another two of my daughters very ill with the...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Im a 15 year old male, usually in perfect health, I star...

Im a 15 year old male, usually in perfect health, I started getting symptons of a cold, and bad sore throat to the point where it was agonising to swallow. My G.P took one look at my mouth and told me that i had a bacterial infection moving onto my tonsula bed, i was pescribed penicllin for 10 days,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

my daughter has this she has had it for a week she is ve...

my daughter has this she has had it for a week she is very poorley my have to go in to hospital tomorrow she was given penicillin and it has caused her skin to peel of her fingers her, privet parts,mouth and legs which look like burns im going to the doctors tomorrow but they side she my be addmitted...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Having read previous experiences, I have to admit to bei...

Having read previous experiences, I have to admit to being surprised that the condition still exists. I thought that it had died out in the sixties with the advent of antibiotics. My own interest in the subject stems from the fact that I contracted Scarlet Fever in 1951 when I was seven years old. My...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

My 4 year old son has just been diagnosed with Scarletin...

My 4 year old son has just been diagnosed with Scarletina (told by GP this is a mild form of Scarlet Fever). He began with symptoms 3 days ago (vomitting, high temperature, 'heat' rash on arms and legs - complained of sore throat). Have been prescribed course of antibiotics (penicillen) and told to keep...

• Guest M

Yesterday I was diagnosed with scarletina. I am a 22 yea...

Yesterday I was diagnosed with scarletina. I am a 22 year old female who is normaly in very good health. After days of having a some what itchy rash, which started on my arms and continued to cover my whole body . Soon after i developed the rash I got a severe sore throat and a very tender achy body...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.