Skip to content
Ad

Tamsulosin Hydrochloride

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tamsulosin Hydrochloride Time of Day

What time of say is optimum  for taking this drug the leaflet says morning after eating / drink but I thought I read it can make you dizzy at firmst so take it in the evening / lying down

Last reply
  • Tamsulosin Hydrochloride and Dementia

My father had prostate cancer just over a year ago and was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride for it. However, now he is suffering badly from dementia and I read there was a link between T H and dementia. If he comes off th TH, would his dementia improve at all? Has anybody else discovered this?

Last reply
  • Tamsulosin Side Effects

I will be 70 in 2 Months.  About 2 Years ago Urologist put me on Tamsulosin for BPH.  Knew about obvious Side Effects regarding some Adverse Sexual Effects but hate to admit I was so Slow in realizing other Issues could be related to this Drug.  Always thought each of them related to getting...

Last reply
  • Prostate enlargemnt in younger age

I am 22 years old male and diagnosed with prostate enlargemnt. I had my first UTI when i was 15 years old. After that i had UTI once or twice the year till i was 20. Two years ago i started facing frequent utis and continous irritation in penis. Main problem was pain in ejaculation and irritation in...

Last reply
  • Vertigo and tamsulosin

I had previous bouts of Vertigo, possible 1 case a year. I was on tamsulosin for 30 days and had 3 cases of vertigo, but didn't put 2 and 2 together. Went off of drug for 2 weeks and went back on it. I took 1 pill and set off my Vertigo again. Has anyone else had similar problem?

Last reply
  • Dry ejaculation

My husband is Type 1 diabetic and was also recently diagnosed with an enlarged prostate. Diabetes affects blood pressure - raising it, and it may in some men cause erectile dysfunction. Tamsulosin Hydrochloride was prescribed and my husband has taken it for approximately 2 - 3 months. I can report...

Last reply
  • Dnm Dnm

Alpha Blokers and Dry Ejaculation

My Urologist prescribed URIMAX(Tamsulosin​) for two weeks for my painful urination, which was found out not casused by UTI but because of kidney stones.( I'm a 42 year old diabetic male patient with a history of kidney stones). I was adviced that the drug could make me feel dizzy when I stand up...

Posted
  • struggling to ejacultion

I been taking these tablets for two days now and on the third day I feel horrible feels like I been out on a night out drinking feel terrible feel weak and woke up with a massive headace, after looking at the side affects of the tablets I masurtbated to see if I could ejacultad but couldn't the feeling...

Last reply
  • someone please say something

My brother has a kidney stone of about 5mm and we are not ready for a surgery... Please does anyone have any useful contribution or a drug or anything that can help his condition... I will be so grateful....

Last reply
  • Hate this drug...

My partner has been on this for a long time whilst the NHS work out what to do with him - This drug has altered his personality beyond recognition - agressive - slurred speech - addiction - confrontational - behaving like an addict by defending this piece of crap - He refuses to acknowledge any of this...strange...

Last reply
  • Tamsulosin Hydrochloride

I have been on Tamsulosin 0.4mg for over three years now for enlarged prostrate(BPH) and urine retention . I have been ok using it with urine flow and better evacuation etc. Recently my GP suggested a combination dose of Tamsulosin 0.4mg with Dutasteride 0.5mg. He said this is better for BPH and improves...

Last reply
  • Xatral XL v Tamulosin

Experiencing delayed ejaculation when taking tamulosin, I asked my urologist whether there were alternatives to tamulosin.  He has prescribed Xatral XL.   Has anyone any experience of this latter drug please?  Has it reduced frequency of visits to the loo; or affected sexual performance? ...

Last reply
  • dry orgasm

I found that I now have dry orgasms. Better than none at all but somewhat unsatisfying. (an anticlimax, if you see what I mean). Went on line and searched for \"dry orgasm\" only to find that Tamsolosin causes this. Yes I;'ve been on Tamulosin since this problem started. I have...

Last reply
  • Side Effects

My father started this medicine (Tamsulosin 400 mg) and finasteride 5mg from April 15,  from Last one month he is suffering with lot of confusion. have any one suffered with confusion. please let me know your thoughts.    

Last reply
  • Prostrate Cancer question

I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in July with a low PSA score of 6.2 , I guess I am one of the luckier ones as I was told my PC was a none aggressive type and after another blood test PSA reading of 5.8 I decided to go on active surveillance rather than have any treatment however I had my first...

Last reply
  • Prostate and Tamsulosin

Hi 4 Years ago I had a rectoplexy operation for Rectal Prolapse. About 6 months after the op I started to get frequent urination, mainly dutring the day and sometimes at night to Had various tests and all came back clear, was proscribed Trospium which I took for the next 2 years, still felt like I...

Last reply
  • tamsulosin back pain?

Was prescribed this drug by my GP on the advice of a urologist for bladder neck disfunction.Ever since I began taking it I have been suffering from persistant lower back pain which is sometimes really horrible and disabling.Has anyone else had this side effect? GP doesnt think it can be the drug thats...

Last reply
  • Continual discomfort.

Have had a problem with continual discomfort for some 10 weeks now, this came on very quickly, I have been diagnosed with BPH, and currently am taking Tamulosin, and after some 7 weeks am not finding any appreciable difference in my symptoms. Is it a question of being patient or should I consider a...

Last reply
  • No side effects?

I'm not sure whether to take this drug and would be interested to know how many people have taken it without experiencing any side effects (except perhaps dizzyness) If it helped you and you have not had any particular side effects I'd appreciate if you could let me know by leaving a posting...

Last reply
  • erectile dysfunction

i am very sorry to say but i have been allowed by my doctor to take this medication for over 8 years. and now for over a year i have had total erectile dysfunction. as you can imagine this has caused majour problems for myself and my partner. should i have been allowed to take this medication for so...

Last reply
  • Tamsulosin hydrochloride

hi I'm having problems getting and keeping an erection and also ejaculating, is the a normal thing when on tamsulosin as I've been on it for 12mths now and this is getting worse, I'm now taking fluoxetine for depression due to this.

Last reply
  • Change in penis length with Tamsulosin

I've taken Tamsulosin for about 3 years.  Have noticed a decrease in penis lengh during this period.  Not sure if it's related to the medication.  Has anyone else noticed changes in penis length/girth with Tamsulosin?

Last reply
  • tamasolusin/ solifinecin.

I  have been on these two drugs for over a year now. I am 52 yrs of age started suffering with OAB after 2 kidney stones where removed from a kidney 2 yrs ago now.  When i started taking Tamasolusin hydrochloride 400, and  Soifenecin at the same time at 1st it was like the wonder drug...

Posted
  • Tamsulosin Hydrochloride

I was prescribed to take 56 capsules of Tamsulosin 400 microgram, which I had taken 45 before stopping it as I was afraid it could cause serious problem. After taking the first capsule, I felt the benefit of it the next morning when I got a smooth urine flow. I continued taking it until few days ago...

Last reply
  • Alternative to Tamsulosin for Nocturia?

I'm a 53 year old male in good health except for the fairly recent onset of Nocturia. My need to urinate pretty much every hour during the night began suddenly around 3 months ago. At the time of writing this, the resulting fatigue/frustration due to sleep deprivation is having a massive impact on...

Last reply
  • Tamsulosin Hydrochloride 400 experience

After taking just one of these, my blood pressure dropped from 127/76 to 112/60 with pulse dropping from 76 to 55. Every time I tried to relax, my heart thumped oddly in my chest and felt as though it was trying to \"stop\", which was exceptionally unnerving. I will never take another...

Last reply
  • Different brands

I am sorry if this has been discussed before. I have a very enlarged prostate and need to take Tamsulosin and have just got a distinct impression that one of the brands, Pamavax, gives me a cold like feeling in the head whereas Diffundox does not. Am I imagining things or could this be true? Both...

Last reply
  • Change of medication

Following a heart attack in January, my GP discontinued Tamsulosin with all its side effects. I now take Permixon to treat my benign prostate enlargement problem. So far encouraging results with no side effects. 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.