Skip to content
Ad

TENS Machines

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tens unit used on the heart

I got a tens unit and when I read not to put it on the chest or heart I immediately had to try it.  Didn't seem to do any harm and my heart got a great buzz, stayed steady and slow.  I like the vibrations in my chest and intend to keep using it to jolt my heart and wonder if anyone knows...

Posted
  • Neck Therapy with Tens

Hi all. I've used a tens unit in the past on l/shoulder with great results. Today, diff outcome. Started therapy on neck from an old injury from severe whiplash years ago. After examination n measurements therapist said we'll start with electro n moist heat n then a massage, you'll love it....

Posted
  • swelling

hi all, am struggling with swelling arouknd my ankle and calf after a double break to my leg 12 weeks ago, the cast has been off now for 6 weeks and have had hydrotherapy and physio and am now getting around quite well , not too mucj pain anymore but the swelling, especially on my ankle is still wuite...

Posted
  • tens machines

used during pregnancy and after for a long term back pain problem, when standard painkillers no longer work this is the only form of pain relief that i find effective. in fact very effective!

Last reply
  • tens machine

I found this absoloutly brilliant.I was diagnosed with scoliosis yrs ago but recieved no treatment,pain gets so bad sometimes that i cannot walk.My partner bought me a tens and within 10minutes I was able to get up&do the washing up,I was so impressed.Its always a good idea to give something...

Last reply
  • Using TENS for injury treatment

I frequently take serious knocks in sport - often for example badly bruised ribs ....   Is TENS  suitable for helping with healing. If so does anybody know what frequency, pulse width, ramp settings etc.

Last reply
  • Tens machine

I have a tens glove. This glove has one connector . I think to make a circuit both connectors from the tens unit have to be in contact with the body. So how do I achieve this? Do I connect one to the glove and the other via a pad to my body BUT where?

Last reply
  • Tens machines

has anyone used a Tens machine to treat PHN after having shingles.I have a very bad problem with nerves in my arms but only at night,it is so bad I get very little sleep and I land up pacing the floor and shaking my arms about just to get some kind of relief 

Last reply
  • TENS treatment for Piriformis and Sacroiliac related pain

For the last six weeks I have suffered an immense amount of discomfort due to piriformis muscle spasm and the resultant nerve irritation combined with pain derived from Sacroiliac inflammation. Five visits to my McTimoney Chiropractor together with an unbelievable GP prescribed pharmaceutical pain killing...

Last reply
  • Any recommendations of settings on TENS 7000 unit?

I'm a brand-spanking-new TENS unit 7000 user as of today for chronic back pain due to both scoliosis as well as for being in a wheelchair. I've set it to Normal mode and Continual vibrations as far as the time limit. Is anyone familiar with a four lead wires and electrodes on both sides of my...

Last reply
  • Tens Machine

Hi 🙋 Just a quick question. Does a TENS machine work well on arthritic joint pain? Would appreciate any feedback...thanks mark357

Last reply
  • fractured radial head

Hi all I fractured my elbow on June 1st (slightly displaced radial head fracture) I am still in a lot of pain with it and very little movement. My physio has wired me up to a TENs machine held in place with a soft cuff that allows movement with no restrictions. I have tried several different painkillers...

Last reply
  • tens machine

I followed the instructions supplied in machine and put electrodes on shoulders either side of neck as shown in diagram and on lowest setting I experienced an immediate cramping and violent contraction of the neck muscles which was most scary and led to increased pain and headache. This machine was...

Last reply
  • Tens Machine and Rheumatoid Arthritis

I was in a car accident and injured by back and neck. The TENS treatments got me back on my feet quickly. It felt good; I enjoyed the treatments. I am now in the process to purchase a TENS to use for hip and knee pain from RA. The treatments on my lower back also helped my sore hips so I know...

Last reply
  • Plantar Facitiis relief

I am suffering badly with plantar facitiis.  Has anyone tried a TENS machine for relief or speedier recovery?  Ive tried everything so far and injections seem to be the next step of which I am not keen on the idea.  I do not want to take any chances of making this condition worse as this...

Last reply
  • lower back pain

Hello,I am 22 yrs old.I am suffering wid lower back pain frm 9weeks,my GP adviced me 4 x-ray n its normal.my GP said that i got pain in my lower back muscles.i have taken pain killers,used ibuprofen cream and tiger balm it is also a cream 4 back pain frm boots and also using back pain belt with hot pack...

Last reply
  • Keeping pads attached

I wear a tens machine practically daily for back pain, but i'm having difficulty keeping the pads attached to my back. They tend to peel off onto my clothes. I've tried special tens belts/supports but because of scholiosis and where my pain is they don't work for me. Any ideas/suggetions?...

Last reply
  • TENS & Spinal Stimulators !

I have recently thought they may assist with spasicity but as involves with me infection & have heart problems decided it may not be a good idea but could help others that don't have my other problems .Should they be a last resort? 

Last reply
  • ten machine

just thought i would let you know about using a tens machine. i bought one about a year ago for £10 i used it at home and work for a couple of weeks and it was well worth the money, i am a security guard and i was having problems with walking because of the pain and thought i would have to give...

Last reply
  • tens machine

Suffered for years chronic back pain and arthritis bought a tens machine after being advised by my doctor wow! its wonderful almost instant pain relief, bought a protens from tensmachines :D Sorry but Patient Admin have removed an email address from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK...

Last reply
  • using a TENS unit on upper lip

My dropped a large heavy TV set on my face 5 years ago. I had to have a bone replaced under my eye. The left side of my nose and upper lip area became numb. My thinking is that my sensory nerves were severed and the axons never reconnected properly. While most of the numbness is gone, there is still...

Last reply
  • Anxiety pain tens

Hi I suffer with anxiety then my nervious system decides to give me back pain which is made worse by the anxiety I have a tens machine and my lower back is real tight what setting should I be using?

Last reply
  • Arthritic pain due to Haemochromatosis

My wife has Hereditary Haemochromatosis (HH), which is an iron overload condition. As is common with HH, my wife suffers a lot of arthritic pain due to iron build-up in numerous joints. Periodic treatment in the form of phlebotomy (blood-letting) helps to reduce the iron levels, but does nothing to relieve...

Last reply
  • back pain

I have a vertebrae in my lower back that has crumbled away and so I have a lot of back pain. I have used various heat creams etc. that have helped for a few hours but i could really use something more effective as it is getting me down. Would a tens machine be useful in this instance or would it be better...

Last reply
  • Can a TENS machine help insomnia

Another question.  Does anyone know if using a TENS machine on your temples will help with insomnia.  I have trouble staying asleep.  Have tried all the usual sleep hygiene suggestions.

Last reply
  • Pain Control or a Treatment

Having used Tens for some months in an attempt to reduce pain and or stiffness in the joints due to to Osteoarthritis I have come o the conclusion that it is only whilst the Nodes are attached and the system is switched on that there appears to be relief from the pain, more that the senses are redirected....

Last reply
  • LJP LJP

Tens Machine and Spina bifida

My Step Father was born with spina bifida and is in considerable pain every day of his life. I have recently heard of the tens machine and wondered if anyone could tell me if this could be a possible pain relieving remedy for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last reply
  • I was/am a fool, using a Tens Unit on my neck.

Like an idiot, I turned the Tens to full power whilst a pad was on the left side of my neck! My partner watching was horrified as she saw the tendon/whatever in my neck being pulled out quite a noticeable distance. YES, I know. I should have followed the instructions properly. Since then it was noticed...

Last reply
  • It really works

Yes it really works, my husband has been in real pain for sometime now with Sciatica and he was at the stage of just giving everything a go, so he tried a tens machine, and after 30 seconds of switching it on, it relieved the pain. But i have been reading it doesn't work for everyone, but it sure...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.