Skip to content
Ad

Tetracycline Antibiotics

Also known as Doxycycline, Lymecycline, Minocycline, Oxytetracycline

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • New medication, bad migraine!

About two months ago I got an iud and cramping never stopped. Went to my doctor two days ago and got prescribed Doxycycline Hyclate. Since I began taking it nothing happened. But since this morning I've had a migraine. I have eaten, stayed hydrated all day and nothing has helped. Just need to know...

Posted
  • Doxycycline Anti-malaria meds

Hey, Has anyone had a positive experience with these tabs?? After speaking to my GP he recommended that these were the best and least expensive option. However after reading the information I’m a little concerned :? Firstly there are so many potential side effects, sickness etc and the increased...

Last reply
  • Minocycline side effects

I'm a 71 year old male. 4 days ago I breathed in dust from sanding a jewelry box I made. 2 days ago I started coughing up yellow junk. I called my doctor and he prescribed 100mg of minocycline twice daily. I took the forst dose this morning , about 7 hours ago. Now I feel a bit dizzy and worse than...

Posted
  • Use of ibuprofen after paracetamol overdose?

I have a friend who took 7.5g of paracetamol recently, the doctor at the hospital said she'll be fine just needs to wait it out but her stomach is hurting and she feels sick, the dr said no paracetamol for 7 days but she's trying to yam some ibuprofen , I've stopped her for now hut is there...

Posted
  • Azithromicyn for Ureaplasma

Hi! I have recently been told because of my reoccurring bacterial vaginosis that I will be treated for ureaplasma as I have tested neg for everything else including mycroplasma. I have a 4 day high dose of azithromycin - my question is.. will this kill the ureaplasma ??? Someone please help me. I...

Posted
  • Doxycycline Issues

Hello, about a little over a week ago I was given doxycycline to treat cellulitis in my left hand. Extremely pain. Anyway, everything was going well until about day 3 of 5 of my prescription. I noticed I had this weird "something stuck in throat feeling" as well as pain in one area of my throat....

Last reply
  • Doxycycline

im taking doxy for chest infection...it is causing anxiety and mood swings.  Has anyone else experienced this? Will side effects disappear when the tablets are finished?

Posted
  • Would doxycline help with visible red veins in eyes?

A little background - All was well until one morning I woke up with bloodshot eyes, although this was very unusual i didn't think much of it and thought it will clear up the next morning. Time went on and for a week my eyes were bright red. I went to my gp who thought it was conjuncitivis and give...

Posted
  • Forgot To Take Oxytetracycline Tablets - Next Step??

I have been taking my oxytetracycline tablets for about half a year now, two pills twice a day. But last week I went on holiday and forgot to bring them. I have now returned and am wondering whether to simply resume taking the pills again, or if that is not right and I need to see my GP. Please help!!...

Last reply
  • Azithromycin and food poisoning

Hi, I am new here and have been kind of freaking myself out.  I started a zpak yesterday for pharyngitis(sp) and today had some chicken while out that might have been bad.  I only had a couple of bites before I tossed it, but I was wondering if the Zpak might take care of any bacteria the chicken...

Posted
  • Lymecycline

So I got perscribed Lymecycline by my doctor just over a week ago. I know nothing about this drug apart from it will get rid of my acne in time. I took it today and the capsule split in my mouth- is that harmful???

Posted
  • Lymecycline need help

hiya im 17 yrs old and i have tried lots of creams . now i am gona try Lymecycline is it good for acne treatment ? when i have to stop takin Lymecycline ? Thank you.

Last reply
  • Oxytetracycline and Mini Pill Cerelle

I have been on Cerelle for just over a month but needing to go back on Oxy. From what I can find on the net, which is very little, it says that Oxy will not interfere with this type of mini pill. I don't want to waste a doctors appointment just to ask so I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm...

Posted
  • Lymecycline for Impetigo?

Hi eveyone, I'm 42 and have had impetigo for all of my adult life. As I am currently going through a severe attack of it, my GP has just prescribed Lymecycline capsules (one months worth)...however, reading the leaflet and looking up information about this drug, doesn't even mention that it might...

Last reply
  • Oxytetracycline works! But how long can I take it for?!

I've been plagued by acne all my life. I have now discovered (age 35) that Oxytetracycline is a wonder drug and really does work (2 tablets 2x daily) with diferin gel. The only thing is.... how long can I take it for. I've been on it 1 year now, with no side effects. Can I take it indefinately?...

Last reply
  • Oxytetracycline scalp acne

hi everyone i just startedoxytetracycline 4 times 250 mg a day for 3months !!!!!!!!!! is this normal for my spotty scalp anyone know please help help thanku

Last reply
  • Oxytetracycline and Norethisterone?

I'm currently taking Oxytetracycline pills for my skin, and I'm planning to start taking Norethisterone pills in the next day or so - is there any problem taking these two pills together? Really need the Norethisterone to work!!

Last reply
  • Doxycycline for quinsy

Hello, I have been diagnosed with quinsy, the fluid discharged itself into my mouth, now I was given doxycycline (one box for 7 days only). I am also allergic to Benzathine benzylpenicillin. Is this drug a right choice ? Thanks

Last reply
  • Will Doxycycline work for the 2nd time?

Hi, I've been treated for Clamdyia a year ago with Azithromycin and Doxycycline. I have carefully finished the course as instructed and later was cured after testings.  A month ago, i extracted my wisdom teeth and i was again prescribed with Pulmoxylom (Amoxicillin capsules) 500mg. For...

Last reply
  • Oxytetracycline with Sertraline?

I've taken Oxy before as I suffer with Rosacea and find it brilliant. However, I need to start them up again but have also started back on Sertraline. I can't find anything to say you can't take the two together so was wondering if anyone on here takes both? I'm a bit of a panicker when...

Last reply
  • r03 r03

Oxytetracycline and Norethisterone?

I am currently taking oxytetracycline to help to reduce a persistent problem I have been having with spots and boils. I have noticed some improvement. In a couple of months I am due to go on holiday and my period is due while I am away. My periods can be really painful and leave me feeling faint for...

Last reply
  • Doxycycline Blurred Vision and Vomiting

On the second day of taking doxycycline, for a severe chest infection, I started to feel better. However, later on the same day I had blurred vision for a few minutes, followed by vomiting half an hour after taking doxycycline. This worried me so I ceased taking the medication. As it was the weekend,...

Posted
  • Oxytetracycline Visual Side effects

I have been on Oxytetracycline for the past 3 months to treat acne on my back. It seems to be beginning to work now but I have a problem inthat my sight has degraded quite rapidly in the past 4 months. My optician did say there is a chance this could be linked. I have done a bit of research and sight...

Last reply
  • Oxytetracycline - It's making my acne worse?

I've suffered from bad acne from the age of 18 and previously I have been on a course of Tetrasyl combined with the contraceptive pill Dianette which did really work wonders. However they did take about 12 months to work and after a while my skin became almost immune to the Tetrasyl. I was off Tetrasyl...

Last reply
  • Oxytetracycline

I currently take Oxytetracycline for treatment of my Rosecea. I have been taking it for about a month and miraculously it has cleared up, however if i forget tablets for a day or two it is back. I also double it up with Rosex gel twice a day. Both described by the consultant dermatologist. The Oxytetracycline...

Posted
  • Oxytertracyline caused IBS!?

Hello, I'm a 16 year old male, I've been on Oxytertracyline for about a year now. I've got hardly any spots but I still take the tablets incase I get a flare up, I visited a 'herbal man' to get some Acidopholus to help treat the symptoms of my IBS, which I've been suffering from...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.