Skip to content
Ad

Tibolone

Also known as Livial

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Period on Tibolone?

I've been taking Tibolone daily for 3.5months, following surgery to remove my ovaries, I went straight in to the menopause (I'm 37). Today, a full period has arrived, I'd had nothing since my surgery 6 months ago, slightly concerned as not sure If this is normal, or even possible? Should...

Last reply
  • On Tibolone 5 months now night sweats are back!

Hi I have been on Tibolone just over 5 months and it has been excellent. Last few weeks my night sweats have come back gradually worsening has anyone else experienced this ? Im on 2.5mg daily. Could it be sonething else or worsening menopause? Be grateful for some advice, many thanks Jane

Last reply
  • Tibulone withdrawal

At 60 I thought it was about time I came off Tibulone (Boltin)after 7 years. It has been 3 months now and I am seriously considering taking it again. I have awful hot flushes, insomnia and just don't feel so well without it. Both my hip joints have started being really stiff and painful since I...

Last reply
  • Aching joints and fatigue unsure if tibolone to blame

I have bad menopause symptoms and been on tibolone for 7months. My symptoms have improved but feel so tired and my body aches. If the tibolone is to blame I don't know what else I can try. I am 59 and so fed up as I need something for the menopause problems. I have been on vagifem and investing...

Last reply
  • Weight gain

Hi, I'm 33 and I have been medically out into my menopause with GNRH injection but as this has its own side effects I've now been given 2.5mg of Tibolone. I'm only in week one and I've gained 2lb. Weight is something I also struggle with and been doing really well on slimming world...

Last reply
  • Livial I love you!

:D I have been taking Livial for 4 months now and it has really changed my life. At 52, and not having had a period for 18 months, I was suffering terribly with night sweats which woke me on the hour, I was totally sleep deprived and unable to function at work. I was also depressed and had absolutely...

Last reply
  • Bleeding 5 weeks on hrt tibolene

this is my 5th week of light spotting dark brown with spots bright red and period pain, have gynaecologist Monday been  fast tracked I wondered if others had this on hrt ..I have had bleeding every 3-4 months but only lasts max 2 weeks this will be going into my 6th week next week so concerned and...

Last reply
  • Tibolone/Livial half dose

Hi just wondering if anyone who is on Livial has tried a half dose of the 2.5mg? I have been on it just over 3 months + wasn't doing too bad but have piled the weight on, got bad bloating and water retention + don't know whether to try halving it to see how I do. Thanks.

Last reply
  • Tibolene periods

I have been on tibolene for over 18 months ..I had break through bleeding at the beginng and went to have Scan all ok womb not thickened, from time to time I do get break through dark discharge , but then I had nothing for 6 months and then I experienced a very busy stressful time bereavement and just...

Last reply
  • Losing weight on tibolone

Was just wondering is there anyone who has halved there dose from 2.5mg to 1.25mg & lost weight/ water retention. Also if they have halved dose have they felt ok too?

Last reply
  • Tibolene brilliant

All you hear is negative in this site well I have changed to tibolene from elleste , I went into an early menoouase at 37 I am 53 and switch as I had low moods and low esteem, since changing well what can I say great upper moods sex drive great was always ok that mind over matter as need to make efforts...

Last reply
  • Spotting on tibolene

Been on tibolene a year I am 54 early menopause at 37 was on elleste duo from 45 to 53 and now on this, every thing else I s fine apart from spotting for up to 2 weeks every 9-12 weeks , does any one else get this ? 

Last reply
  • Please Help

I've been menstral free for 5 years and taking Tibilone for at least 2 years symptom free, then suddenly out of the blue I get a period. What is going on?? I think I may have missed a pill but would that have started a full on period ? Plus I've had a lot of stress recently. I'm going to...

Last reply
  • Tibolene spotting

is it ok to spot on tibolene I did 9 months ago she sent me for scan all fine no thickening , but now been spotting for 3 weeks dark discharge some blood like a period , I have recently been on a healthy eating plan and very busy with my life so I guess my hormones low and also she gave me oestrogen...

Posted
  • Weight gain on tibolone

So I've been taking tibolone for 4 months now & it's great as I'm feeling so much better in myself. The only problem I have is I've gain 1/2 stone pretty quick!! also feel very bloated!! Is there anyone who's been taking these for a long time & has lost the weight? Or is...

Last reply
  • Premarin

Hi Ladies. are any of you taking Premarin???  if so do you get on with it??  My Gp want to take me off tiberlone 2.5mg after 15years after a total hysterectomy due to Endometriosis and cysts I'm a bit worried about starting it, but if I stay any longer on a combined HRT  my risk of...

Posted
  • Livial and tiredness

Hi there I have just had the Decapeptyl injection 6 days ago and I am currently taking Livial 2.5 mg per day, I am suffering with real bad tiredenss and low mood, and just wondering if any one else has had these symptons and if they are likely to stop any time soon.  Many thanks x 

Last reply
  • Hair Loss and Livial

My hair has thinned a lot since the menopause and I just wondered if Livial would help thicken it up. Most HRT drugs seem to help the hair. Would appreciate hearing from those taking Livial if it has improved their hair at all? All the best. Josey

Last reply
  • Weight gain

Hi All - I am from Aus too... just wanted to ask if anyone else has had weight gain on Livial? I was put on 2.5mg and I felt that within the first few weeks, I blew up like a bloated fish. I felt like everything went puffy??? My Gyno said that weight gain was very common at my age (52) and that most...

Last reply
  • Tibolone & severe joint aches

I ​have been on Tibolone I ​have given it a good 4 to 6 months, ​each and every time I have had the joint aches persist. I ​have tracked these to be monthly as I ​have had a dose of ross river and parvovirus this year which the rheumatologist has put me on plaquenil for.  ​The...

Last reply
  • 7 days on tibolone

I am a 52 yr old , and have been suffering all the symptoms that come with menopause, also have fibromyalga , just wanting to know when can I expect relief from my crippling menopausal symptoms 😕 Headaches, nausea,weakness, muscle aches, hot flashes ect... Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Last reply
  • Livial nipples pain, headache, dreams

Hi I am 56 and had a full hysterectomy at 26. After problems with extremely high testosterone from previous HRT my GP has prescribed Livial. I have been on this for 7 days which i take each evening. I have had painful nipples for last 3 days, headaches which wake me during the night and last throughout...

Posted
  • Livial versus Remifemin

I've been on Livial for 8 mths and have gained a kilogram each month while taking it. This is despite nothing else changing eg diet and exercise remain exactly as they were before. My weight had been stable for 6 years. I'm stopping Livial now and starting Remifemin on the basis of research I've...

Posted
  • HRT/Tibolone

Hi...I've been researching Tibilone (Livial, Tibofem) and see that it has widespread use, except in USA. Would anyone know how to obtain it, short of leaving the country? Thanks in advance!

Posted
  • how do I get livial in the USA?

Hello Livial Ladies! I am 56, British but have lived in Germany for the last 25 years, And now living in America. Was taking Livial since 2007...and soohappy! Livial is not approved by the FDA. My doc here said Osphena is the closest thing to Livial - so I tried it. OMG...so NOT true. The side effects...

Last reply
  • Livial and postal injection

Hi all I've been prescribed prostap injections once a month for 6 months and also livial tablets everyday. Just wondering if anyone has had these injections or taken the tablets. I see alot about weight gain and I'm worried

Posted
  • Tibolone long term?

Hi Girls, I have been taking Tibolone for 7 years, and there has always been fors and against taking them. I would like to share my pesonal experience, I was told  by my Doctor to try and wean myself off them as I had hit that crucial stahe of 5 years where they do not recommend that you take them...

Last reply
  • Livial

anyone on livial having spotting for a month 5 years with no bleeding thanks

Last reply
  • Should I take it?

I had to come off HRT after having a mastectomy for breast cancer (DCIS). Hot flushes returned with a vengeance. I tried Citalopram and Gabapentim but neither worked. The menopause consultant said Tibolone would be safe to use but after some internet research I found it not recommended after breast...

Last reply
  • Tibolone extra dose

Hi I been taking Tibolone for 3 months now the 1st month was getting my body used to the drug then the second month was brilliant no hot sweats my libido returned no dryness just generally feeling better then the 3rd month everything changed my night sweats returned I was not myself so I started chopping...

Last reply
  • New to taking Tibolone bleeding already

Hi just found the forum whilst looking for side effects on bleeding. Basically I am 50 years old, been on the mini pill for years, came off about 2 months ago. Suffered for years with night sweats..and more recently aches & pains in joints, fatigue,mood swings,forgetfulness & absolutely zero...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.