Bubble in the outer side inside the eye

Posted , 3 users are following.

it’s been 4 months after i had cataract surgery in my right eye. I noticed this morning that there seems like bump or bubble in my eyes. Does anyone experience this or this is another eye problem. Please can anyone help me?....

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

There are 2 things that come to mind as far as what it could be, but you need to see an opthalmologist. This is an explanation from online:

"A pingueculum is a small bump on the white of your eye, usually on the side closest to your nose. The bump may be clear or yellowish. A pterygium is a small bump that has tiny blood vessels in it. This growth can get bigger and cover part of your cornea, which is the clear outer layer on the front of your eye."

There are 2 other things I found by searching that it could be if the bubble is clear:

"There are two conditions that can cause the appearance of a clear bubble on the eye.

The most common one is called chemosis. It is caused by accumulation of fluid between the relatively clear skin that covers the eye, called the conjunctiva, and the white, leathery shell of the eye, the sclera. Chemosis is most often the result of an allergic reaction, and may be associated with redness of the conjunctiva or itching. In its most severe form, chemosis may be so bad that the conjunctive protrudes between the eyelids like a big white marshmallow. Treating the allergy makes the chemosis disappear rapidly.

Chemosis may also result from infections and inflammatory processes. In these cases, it indicates a more severe stage of these diseases.

A less common cause is lymphangiectiasis. In this condition, which is often too small to be seen unless you are looking at the eye with a microscope, patients develop the appearance of crystal clear fluid filled tubes in the conjunctiva. They are caused by blockage of lymphatic vessels in the conjunctiva. The lymphatic vessels fill with clear, watery lymphatic fluid, and can look like squiggles of clear jelly on the eye surface. Lymphangiectiasis is usually harmless, and no treatment is required for it."

• Posted

This is another thing it could be that I found by searching online (you need to see a doctor for a diagnosis):

"Epithelial inclusion cysts of the conjunctiva may be congenital or acquired. Acquired cysts form when epithelial cells are displaced into the substantia propria where they proliferate to form a cystic cavity filled with clear fluid. The cysts are usually asymptomatic and can typically be observed only."

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.