Bulge at front of vagina.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi sorry to bother you again but I decided to check myself this morning - 8 weeks after posterior and anterior repair and sacrospinous fixation., I have a soft bulge at the front of the vagina about 2-3 cm up. I am hoping this is just swelling from my op??

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wizzy

Yes hopefully it is. It can about 12 weeks for it all to settle and my gp also told me it will take a full year for me to get over it. Have you had your outpatients appt yet? If not, you could see your gp?

Are you managing to wee ok? and bms ok?

Sue x

• Posted

Hi sue yes I've had a post op appointment with my gp - he didn't examine me though. I've had problems with urine frequency but my go has given me some tablets to hopefully calm my bladder down 😱😱😱xx

• Posted

Hi Wizzy I had the same op at you 17 weeks ago. I found it took til about 13 weeks before I actually fully turned the corner. I have the same soft bulge so must be something to do with the op I think however I notice mine is much bigger and bulges more the week before my periods come and I also spot for 5 days before my period as well each month also when I'm a bit constipated it bulges more. My check up isn't til 27 October . I still get occasional twinges in my right buttock or if I sit down sometimes a sharp pain inside but overall I'm just about back to normal in all ways

• Posted

Thank you so much Liz - that's very reassuring for me xxxxx

• Posted

A swellings in that area is to be expected Wizzy, it's from the surgery. It's absolutely nothing to worry about and it will be there for some weeks yet. I never recommend ladies check this area after the surgery because there's always lumps and bumps for several weeks and many times ladies ring the ward thinking they have another prolapse but that's highly unlikely anyway.

• Posted

Thank you so much Matron - you have really put my mind at ease xxxx
  • Posted

Hi there , I am 11weeks post op for posterior and anterior repair and cervix removal due to this being left in from previous hysterectomy and the cervix had dropped too . I also have noticed a bulge and just assumed it was the way they have to sew it ! I've heard other people say the same . Unfortunately my notes said no follow up appointment , so I may never know !

• Posted

It's very frustrating isn't it - you don't quite know what to expect and what's 'normal' and what isn't? Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.