Bump on penile head

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive had these for while. unsure of what they could be. not particularly itchy. they dont hurt.image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, just to be certain about what it is you are referring to, you are meaning the slight raised bumps across the main area of the head of the penis, or something else?

It would be useful to know if you are sexually active and whether you masturbate regularly, or very frequently? Do you use soap to wash your penis with? Do you always / usually use a lube of some kind for sex or masturbation?

Is there anything that you can recognise that is making the bump / bumps worse - such as after sex using a condom, following using a lube and masturbating several days in succession, that kind of stuff?

What is going on from the perspective of the skin on your penis ....... ?

• Posted

yes im referring to the raised bumps across the main head area. i am currrently sexually active and i masturbate maybe three times a week. when i wash i use soap but no lube during sex. the bumps dont generally get worse after masturbating or sex. i would probably say they only get worse when it is erect.

• Posted

The bumps you have are most likely part of the natural make-up of the skin on the head area of your penis - they only become visible or more noticeable when they are irritated in some way.

They will be more distinct when your penis is fully erect certainly, as I say, these little bumps are there anyway - just they are not normally visible.

The other thing that causes this to be noticeable for some men is when they change from the regular brand or type of condom they were using and it is the chemicals on the inside of some condoms that some men get a problem with.

I would try preventing soap, shower gel, body wash and suchlike from getting onto the head area for 4 or 5 weeks and see if the bumps subside. Simply use water only and make sure you are completely dry in the head and foreskin area of your penis after washing or having taken a shower.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.