Bumps that didn't hurt until I accidentally scratched them

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, so I've had these bumps on my labia minora for a long time. I recently had rough, unprotected sex with my boyfriend and now I have a yeast infection. And I've had neausa, fever (97-101), I had muslce aches but that happens after I have sex. But I also have a stiff neck and nothing is really making this fever go away. But yet everytime I go to the ER the fever drops and doesn't come back even though I take the same medications they give me there. Minus the IV fluids, but I accidently scratched myself down there and now they're sore and "open" but when I went to Gyno she said it didn't quite look like herpes, but I insted to be tested... Even though I was tested for hereps in May and it came back negative and I had the bumps than too. I also have chills, that come and go. But I also have a heart condition and have had little sleep but when I woke up with a fever I had slept almost a full 12 hours. I had been exhausted and achy for over a week and felt like I had been hit by a train. My boyfriend doesn't have any itchy, blistering sores and still doesn't. I was tested for STD's last Friday and still haven't heard back which in this case is usually good, but when I went to gyno she said the results weren't public yet. The bumps I have look like yeast infection bumps and I get yeast infections alot but the bumps never hurt or "open"... Today the pain was worse but that's because I used double dose of a OTC yeast infection med and it was a super concetrated dose. I also started to bleed today, but the pain has subsided a lot, and when I touch them with clean hands they don't hurt at all, and they're not itchy but sore. I'm pretty sure I have the flu since nothing makes the fever better (ok well just for an hour or so). It's not painful to pee and it's not painful when I use a wet wipe that's made for women's areas. I would take a picture but it's hard to really see. And they only "opened" when I scratched them accidently while using my loofa to wash myself.  Please help!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi cupcake, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well. sad

Information regarding herpes....

A FIRST EPISODE OF SYMPTOMS IN HERPES

At first you may feel generally unwell with a mild fever and aches and pains. Groups of small, painful blisters then appear around your genitals and/or anus. They tend to erupt in crops over 1-2 weeks. The blisters soon burst and turn to shallow, sore ulcers. The glands in your groin may swell and feel like lumps at the top of your legs. It is common to have pain when you pass urine, especially in women.

In women, a vaginal discharge may occur. Women may also have blisters and ulcers on the neck of the womb at the top of the vagina (cervix). The inside of the back passage may also be affected. The ulcers and blisters can last up to 10-28 days and then gradually heal and go without scarring.

Sometimes less typical symptoms occur. For example, you may just have a small raw area, one or two small ulcers, or just an area of irritation with nothing to see. Sometimes symptoms last just a few days.

It is best to wait out the results, try not to keep touching the area and keep it clean and dry but do not over clean. If it does come back as herpes they can get you on the correct medication and further outbreaks sometimes never happen or don't happen for years if they do happen again it's never as bad a the first outbreak.

If it comes back as not herpes then you will need more tests, it could be the sores on your vagina and your fever are unrelated and that there are 2 seperate things going on.

Good luck! Hope you are feeling better soon

• Posted

Thanks, I have been under alot of stress lately and have had the muscle aches and such for over a week like I said.. But my question is, I've had these bumps here for a while, and they really only appear after I've had sex. This is the first time they've "opened" because I do happen to have long, sharp nails; and while I was cleaning myself had scratched them.. that's when they started to "open". I've been tested many, many, many times over since I first discovered these bumps and just had an STD check in May that said I did not have herpes, my boyfriend is rather large and we had sex at least 10 times in a span of three days. I'm wondering if the bumps happened because of friction. Also I had been sharing drinks with other people and have had water that I believe wasn't properaly purified and it was the next day that I started to have a fever and such, we had sex; monday, tuesday and wed. And the symptoms happened wed, that's what doesn't make sense to me, is that the day I had went to the mall, animal shelter and had drank unpurified water I was already achey, my right buttocks had a "knot" in it and I bruise internally very easily because of a illness I have. But I don't think I mentioned up above is that today I started have watery stool (frequent) when the day I started getting sick it was frequent but not water but not hard, kind of like a happy medium. But it does not hurt at all to urinate or to wipe, it hurts a little when I rub down there on my underwear (cotton) because I also started my period today (I had stopped my bc because my boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby) but the thing is, it doesn't make sense... All my symptoms should've started a week or two later when it started the day he left for a different state for seven weeks. I have a lot of stress in my life and I'm thinking it's stress related (the flu like symptoms) or I could have a stomach bug since my nausea has been replaced by loose/watery stool. What do you think? Sorry if I make no sense, I'm still trying to make sense of it and google is my worst enemy in the world. 

• Posted

Oh also sitting and walking and daily activites have seemed to not make it hurt either. 
    • Posted

The bumps look like this but not the yellowish ones, the red ones... and they didn't hurt to touch them, but like I think they may have gotten infected when I accidently scratched them and dried myself off with a towel I hadn't washed in quite a while... 

• Posted

Try reading up on molluscum contagiosum, see if you feel that fits with your bumps.

If you have watery stools then yes you probably have a viral bug and that's more likely the reason for your fever. Make sure you keep drinking plenty of water so that you don't become dehydrated.

• Posted

The OB I went to see said she didn't think it was molluscum but yet before I accidently scratched them the picture above it what they looked like. But I read somewhere that if you touch the sores to wash your hands cause it can spread and I touched and didn't wash my hands but I have had any other sores pop up or any other weird feelings. Also I broke my fever after getting rid of the idea I had herpes and all my other symptoms went away too, I'm no longer tired, have muscle aches, no more fever or any other flu like symptoms. I serisouly think that I started that day out with the stomach flu and worked myself up into have those other symptoms. Classic paranoia LOL

• Posted

Hi love! Sorry you going through all of this and are having trouble finding the answer! That doesn't look like herpes to me, nothing that I've seen before anyway! Have you looked up genital warts though? Might be worth a look!

• Posted

Yeah I went to the OB today and she didn't think it was warts either. I'm pretty sure it's just blood blisters from continuous rough sex. I know I do get these bumps whenever I do have sex. But they never hurt because I never had long enough nails to scratch the sh*t out of myself... But my partner doesn't have herpes. So I'm pretty sure it's not herpes, my flu like symptoms are completely gone, so all of it was in my head sadly. I'm just paranoid about getting STD's... also my boyfriends job wouldn't allow him to have an STD and stay in the job. 

• Posted

Google is the worst thing to do ? If gp Carnt find nothing try forgeting about it ️️see of goes away alone
    • Posted

Omg I had one of these just one of the lip outside of my vagina I just thought it was a wart cos it didn't bother me but I thought to begin with it was ?an ingrown hair so I picked at it ??an squeezed it but only water came out then it would scab and Id pick it again the More I picked the more it came back then I left it alone an it disappeared on its self I Alway got pregnant that why I was trying my hardest to not touch or mess with it cod you have to get it out a lot lol then if of felt ashamed all tests on me that checked for durning normal pregnancy where fine, this thing appeared after I had sex with a man i later found out was sleeping with about 3different woman I knew of same time , disgusting I know! God knows how many more , I ran for the hills once I found out but when I think of him I feel dirty because the other girl he was sexing with is disgusting and very dirty unhygienic I've known her from school she was a scruff makes me want to die , try not to mess with them x

• Posted

They definitely do not look like genital warts from that pic.

It's possible that they were just forcyde bumps that you may have irritated and so they became red and inflamed like you have described.

You've already had an ob look at this who has been ruling out the ones they look like. My advice is leave them to heal now, keep them clean and dry as I mentioned before. And wait out the results and get your self better from this stomach bug.

This was probably not the best place to post especially when you are already being investigated as although I am a qualified nurse, the general forum members are not qualified health professionals and therefore you won't be getting qualified answers.

Hope you get answers from your ob soon!

• Posted

So I do not have herpes, the reason I've been sick is because I have a pretty bad UTI. And sometimes a UTI has similar symptoms to the first outbreak of herpes. But I am elated I have a UTI and mentally jumping for joy while waiting to get my antibiotics. But thanks y'all!

• Posted

Best thing to do, TEST not even drs are capable of diagnosis through visual examination these days 😩
    • Posted

That's because a true and accurate diagnosis cannot be made on visual examination alone. Suspicions can be made but a true and accurate diagnosis cannot be confirmed without laboratory testing confirmation.

A good health professional is about being able to recognise and suspect a particular thing and being able to carry out the APPROPRIATE testing in order the reach the CORRECT diagnoses

• Posted

And their what's hard to come by, many ppl on hear keep coming back because they have no luck with their gps ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.