Burning sensation

Posted , 13 users are following.

After 13 weeks.How can you get rid of the terrible burning sensation day & night. Also my scar tissue still cannot bear being covered. Died anyone else have this. ?

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Almost 5 weeks on now, not what you could call burning sensation, but when i wake in the morning the pain from knee to thigh is terrible, its on both legs not just the op leg, i have to get up no matter what time it is, it does ease as soon as i get up, but the odd day i have the pain all day no matter what i do, i think its possibly all the healing inside, but another strange thing is lol my legs are different colours, one is normal and the op legs is more pink from thigh to toe, sounds strange but just thought i would mention it incase someone has the same
    • Posted

Mine is the same way. I wondered if that was normal and pt said yes.
    • Posted

Duckfan, I'm still getting burning sensation like pins and needles at 14 weeks. Still have tight band feeling in both knees (had bilateral replacement) and stiffness. I'm assuming all this is a continuous part of healing process. Wow some healing process! I'm just going to make sure with my ortho this Wednesday. Patience! Patience! Good luck and prayers to us all.??🙏

• Posted

Me too Eizie that's just how mine is after 14 weeks. Also if I go out to the shops etc & out for a couple of hours I'm in a dreadful state for a few days ,no sleep , stiff , pain & leg won't bend. I really have to remember I can't do hardly any shopping. Oh what I'd do to get out there & be normal.

• Posted

Hi Linda ann

​I have noticed at times both legs hurt the same and I only had one done. I guess my other joints have OA but it is odd and the op leg is more swollen and yes, a different shade,, more pinkish, with a few darker patches. I am 6 weeks post op. Sick of the pain and sebacks I have had. But realise it is relatively early on in recovery neutral 

• Posted

Me too Eileen when I shop and do other things on the weekend everything is aggravated!! I don't want to not do those things but we pay the price!! It's Soring, you want to act "normal". Damn it all!!??🙏

• Posted

Yes it seems ages 14 weeks . I just can't wait to get back to normal

• Posted

Yes thats what everyone says to me that its early days, but the most annoying thing to me is, i only went to physio twice as they said there was no need (that was in my second week ), im geeting almost 120 bend on the knee, was on the excercise bike with np, can get up and down stairs, walk about, have had no crutches since 4 days after leaveing hospital, all doing great....BUT.....the pain at night now is off the planet! cant sleep, doing the excercise, iceing etc etc, i feel worse than i did when i first left hospital to be honest, its good day bad day, i keep pulling a mustle in the back of my op leg, they say its normal aswell......i have to say......THANK GOD for these forums, because otherwise im sure we would all think something was going wrong, a little more info BEFORE the op i think is badly neededrolleyes
    • Posted

Well like i said to someone else, THANK GOD for these forums, if not we would all think something was going wrong, i know i would have, there are so so many people that have it done, maybe if more people took a little time to find these forums it would help us all a little more, if its only to simply say *yes you will more than likely have 2 different colour legs for a while* or *the pain will be ok one day but could be back the next day*, all this does help a lot in my opinion 
    • Posted

I agree Linda Ann I wish we were more informed before surgery but then again would we go through with the surgery except kicking and screaming?😳😳😳

• Posted

Oh do I hear you.  One minute everything feels like it's getting better then the next day everything hurts. Doctor, PT, chiropractor,massage therapist all say, wow you're doing well. Why can't I accept that.  We have a class reunion that we're hosting here in August. Sure hope I'm better then. 

Guess we all need to hang in there and support each other. 👍🙏🏻

• Posted

Gosh I hope you're better for your reunion. I'm going to my grandson's wedding July 29. its a 5 hour drive, from here, my daughter is driving as I think sitting won't be that easy for me either. Have faith we'll be ok by then .,

• Posted

Do you know if its ok for a short flight (2hours) at 8 weeks post op
    • Posted

Check with your surgeon......as we are allowed different and each surgery carries its own brand of uniqueness its good to get a professional opinion. 2 hrs is not a short flight when you have your knees crammed under your chin...unless you are flying up front. Prepare for more time with those sweethearts in security. I've never gotten by with just telling them I've got a steel boulde in my leg. I'm always exiled to the screened in area for the wand treatment. One occasion I told the lady I had titanium in my knee and lead in my a** and I swear she ran the wand over my rear end.

I did find European airports a little more sane but that was before there have been so many attacks over there. Be sure and start hydrating well several days before you go and throughout the flight. Get up and walk the length of the plane every hour.

Again check with your Dr 1st

• Posted

Many thanks for the reply and advice, seeing the doc next week so will see what he says, i can imagine there are going to be awkward moments at the airport but there are so many now you would think they would understand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.