Burning skin

Posted , 11 users are following.

ok ladies ive just about had it can anyone relate to this all over burning skin like a sunburn? or like someone stuck Ben Gay all over me. i literally cant take no more symptoms im a week away from cycle seems all this is getting worse. and if anyone can relate is it low estrogen causing this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Pamela

I feel for you experiencing the burning. it's one of my worst symptoms. For me this started out as a come and go symptom but then it got more intense over time until it became constant. so even though my hormones still fluctuated the burning skin remained 24/7 . for me the burning is like the worst sunburn ever and it covers only the left side of my body. entire left side of my face but the whole top of my head. i have had this for 2yrs so far.

Now drs have treated me extremely badly over this, even trying to pin mental health on me including borderline personality traits only because i became suicidal from all the pain and i had no clue what was happening to me and no help from drs. when i started HRT most symptoms settled except the burning. i also have burning mouth syndrome. eventually the dr put me on carbamazepine to help with pain and after a week or so the burning eased. as long as i stay on the carbamazepine its mostly not there only burning mouth is still there a bit but i can cope .

i feel for you as drs really are clueless about peri and meno. i hope you find something that helps or talk to your dr about carbamazepine. hang in there.

• Posted

YES, I have just started experiencing this, though I have had the burning tongue on and off before. At present I have areas on my body (left arm, neck, chest) where I have this stinging/burning sensation that I've had for about a week, but it hasn't gone away, just goes up and down in intensity. It is awful, feels like a bad sunburn. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one, though I don't wish this extra symptom on any of you ladies, we are dealing with enough. I have also been having tingling in all parts of my body, on and off for a few years. Lots of tests, nothing ever shows up.

• Posted

Yeah - my tingling scalp and forehead have been bothering me all day. I just don't get it. It will be fine for days and then just show up again. Then, I start to worry about it and I get worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.