Burning Tongue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All 

could anyone advise me on what to take for a burning tongue, also woke through the night and had to change my pj I was wet through with sweat, is there anything for this, it doesn't happen often at the moment, every few weeks 

sue xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue

burning tongue, mouth etc can be a peri symptom, but always best to check with your doctor, peri is a good time to get routine blood tests, check all is okay, and not lacking anything.

in my earl peri, my blood sugars rose, and my chloresterol ..all okay now,  Blood protein was low, still is.. I have routine bloods done annually and my B12 checked aswell now ..

jay xx

• Posted

Sue 

this may help.. ( not written by me) its info i have collected and shared ..

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/66-peri-menopause-menopause-symptoms-you-may-experience-which-may-help-some-ladies-271903

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay just read this and I have quite a few of the sympyoms, all I can say is I hope it soon passes and improves 😞
    • Posted

Wow Thank you Jay!  So comforting to read this, can you attach 50 to 66 as it ended on 49?  

xo Loretta

• Posted

Hi

They are on there, you need to scroll down after a few comments, they are further down

Jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay

i have had loads of blood tests, just one last month, these were all full blood tests, everything showed up good, I told them about my burning tongue at my doctors and hospital and they said they didn't know what was causing it, my doctor said may be was acid which they have now controlled. Thanks for your info though, as usual you are a great help. Xx

• Posted

Hi sue 

oh that good you had all checked, another thing ticked off the list 

well done, try not to worry about peri, or over think .. This causes anxiety ..

you will experience lots of weird stuff on the way 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.