Burping bloated feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm always feeling bloated or full after a meal even a small one before all this anxiety and stress I could put food away now I get full with the smallest meal..I'm also always burping for everything drinking or eating something the tiniest drink I burp sometimes I burp by myself but mostly I make myself burp if that makes sense u knw when someone burps the ABC you swallow air and burp I'm always doing I dnt mean to its a feeling I get like I have to do that when I drink or eat does anyone else have this problem or had it does it get better I'm freaking out think I'm dying HELP PLZ THX

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Digestion gets messsed up when you are stressed and definetly with anxiety. You end up double swallowing so a lot of air gets in. Also because your body flies into fight or flight it doesnt get to digest food properly. They sell Pepcid ac over the counter maybe you should look into that. Try to stay with many small meals versus large ones. Maybe when you feel calm as well. Focusing on it or any symptom always makes it seem way worse then it is.very very common,
  • Posted

Hi, Ernest:  You might want to tell your doctor about getting full quickly.  That was happening to me and they said it was just anxiety.  It's true that I have been anxious and nervous all my life.  One day, I had terrible pains under my left rib.  Turned out it was a huge hiatal hernia.  I didn't have anything done about it, except take probiotics all day long, but my sysmptoms were like yours.  After about three bites of food, I felt like a had swallowed a football...Just to ease your mind, you might want that xray....Hope this helps...
    • Posted

Weird that I just came from the er about a hour ago and they did a chest X-ray and said it was OK and fine nothing bad also a ekg and it was normal just bad stress and anxiety
  • Posted

Glad your tests are negative.

Have they gave you any info on what you should do next?

Btw omniprozole is quite good for relieving wind/bloating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.