Buspirone

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been advised that this is a possibility instead of being tolerant to diazepam. I am looking for anyone with experience of it

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I took it a few years ago and I cant remember it doing much for me.  I may not have been taking enough, but no obvious effect

My psych said that the trouble with benzos is that they are the equivalent of the finest bordeaux wine and that everything else will be like supermarket wine afterwards.  I think he is right on the money based on my experience.  

If you are coming off benzos then buspirone is not going to take the withdrawal away I dont think.  Once you are off them then maybe Buspirone will help going forward.  

I too would be pleased to hear anyone elses tales about buspirone.  

• Posted

Well like yself they weaned me off of diazepam slowly at 2mg a month drop . This was forced as I was more than happy to continue after 20 years of addiction to them.

The reason I was happy on them was because they worked and tolerance or not they still work at low doses.

As for buspirone they tried to talk me into going onto them and I refused due to my own research . I could see absoulotly no likeness to benzos or how they'd help .

After much debate they put me on pregablin 300mg dose and passed my script to my gp who then decided that he'd down that to 200mg .. anxiety doses for pregablin are upwards of 500mg .

Anyway instead of my 4mg diazepam s ript I'm now taking pregablin, amitriptyline and I'm having to source diazepam from the street .

Sorry that I have no exp with buspirone except this near miss.

• Posted

So you have ended up with now pregabalin and amitriptylene and obviouslynthe psychiatrist is totally awful at diagnosis if you are still having to use the original diazepam.   Why cant the mental,health services see the need for extra help when needed.  I am fed up with them just handing out one drug if another isnt working,  they are hopeless.   Where can someone go for some proper help?  Does anyone know a psychiatrist who is clever enough to deal with all these problems?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.