Butrans patches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, im just over 7 weeks post op and my knee is still painful but im doing ok. Unfortunately i have severe psoriatic arthritis so i have other pain issues as well. My doc wants to wean me off tramadol so has prescribed butrans patches 25mg which i found were not great for my pain so the pain clinic took me off oxycodone and increased my patches to 35mg. I was fine the first 10 days but since then ive suffered really badly with nausea and constipation and even though ive stopped being sick i still feel waves of nausea come over me every now and again and even though i take stuff for my constipation and its worked i still feel really nauseous most of the time. Ive taken a 5mg patch off so now i am just taking 30mg and hope this might make me feel better. Have any of you guys had any experience wuth butrans patches my gp eventually wants me off tramadol and replace with butrans but if they make me feel like this there is no way i can carry on with them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont know anything about these...But how are you doing? Is there not an anti nausea medication your go could give you?
    • Posted

Thats a good idea Jenny, i will ring my gp today and see if she can prescribe something. Apart from this sickness i think im doing ok i still have stiffness but its still early days i just need to build my stamina up but hopefully that will come. I did think i would be in a lot more pain with my knee when i reduced the butrans patch but up to now ive felt no different painwise. I just hope i can get this sickness sorted.

Loved your post the other day hope thats me at 3 months.

• Posted

Hi I was on Butrans 5mg pre knee replacement surgery

I found it very helpful but only had this on its own perhaps it's a combo of drugs making you feel rough 😐

• Posted

Hi i was on 25mg for other pain issues as well but i think when they prescribed 35mg it was too big a jump and has given me sickness, but Ive been advised on this forum to get some anti sickness medication and ive reduced it to 30mg so im going to see if that helps.

Thanks ☺

• Posted

Having had TKR just last Monday I haven't started back on my Patches Waiting for my Body to Recover a little 😊

• Posted

Sorry forgot to say i kept my patches on all through my tkr operation and was never told to stop taking them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.