Buttock pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

10 days ago I had an anterior and posterior repair and a sacrospinious fixation. Since then I have been experiencing extreme pain in my right buttock (along with all the other aches and pains).  My consultant says it is caused by stitching and should ease within 2 weeks but it seems to be getting worse and I can't walk this morning as I can put no weight on my right side. I am taking paracetamol and ibrupriofen and have now started taking codeine as the pain really is unbareable.  Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I am sorry to heR is.  Remember, it is only 10 days.  Hopefully it will get better with each passing day.  I think my pain is hemorrhoid or from the operation of sitting or standing too long.  the joys of womanhood.
  • Posted

Hi Lynn hope you're feeling better but if I was you I'd get a second opinion. Also taking codeine will give you the added pain and discomfort of constipation , so don't forget the laxatives

Take care ..sally

• Posted

Hi lyn1955

I too have experienced some buttock pain I am 12 days post op.  Mine seemed to be more the left side. I think mine possibly is because basically all I am doing is sitting and it is uncomfortable. I have a donut to sit on now which is helping and I do get up frequently for a trot around the house other wise I think I will end up looking like the chair :-) 

• Posted

Hello witchesmole

Did you also have a sacrospinious fixation?  My consultant says the pain is due to the stitches in the ligament holding everything in place. Sounds gruesome I know. Anyway the pain has been excruciating. Codeine not strong enough so went back to a and e yesterday in desperation.  they gave me some morphine which did stop the pain for a while but you cant use this yourself at home so they gave me some different drugs to try which have helped a bit.  Apparently this problem affects about 1 in 30

women but I am getting worried that there might be some long term damage to a nerve or something.  This is all on top of the soreness from the operation and the toilet issues so generally feeling very low. 

• Posted

yes i believe this is what i have had done to repair my prolapse i think i need to lie down in the day as well as stand and sit. Sitting is def the most uncomfortable for me :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.