Buzzy sensations?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Here I am back again feeling anxious now and it's totally my fault. So today I had buzzy feelings in the back of my leg which I decided to dismiss but it happened like 3 times where it feels like it would just buzz in this exact spot then when I look at it or touch it it goes away. Then when I got home I get the same exact feeling on my right cheek so as dumb as I am I decide to look it up. And the first two links are anxiety then the third link of course had to be Lyme disease. So I had my first panic attack in awhile thinking I had Lyme and it's hard to dismiss my thoughts about Lyme because of how confusing it is because of how many common symptoms it can have and the fact that it's so hard to diagnose and it's sometimes curable sometimes not so confusing. Anyway that got me worried and then just right now I had the same feeling right cheek and right below my eye and googled it and results showed up like MS and Bell's palsy (can be symptom of Lyme) so I'm super scared now. And I know this is all my fault I'm so stupid for googling it sad. It's not even like tingling I've got in the past it's a new sensation to just like a little buzzing sensation I guess under the skin it seems so precise I can pinpoint right where it is, however what's weird is like I said when I touch where it's coming from the feeling just goes away. This anxiety is so confusing can anybody help me?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Put the phone down,your not a doctor..I did this too,I would spend hrs diagnosing myself but for what..whatever I would find wasn't gonna help me out just make me think and worry more.. we have real doctors that know there job and we must believe in them..our minds are strong and when you start thinking about that pain that is not there well somehow it shows up in our head.. Watch some tv or amicus and don't look at that phone try it for a week and see if that helps you... instill in this process too,and I'm improving slowly... good luck

• Posted

Yes I know and I'm mad at myself TBH and I'm trying to get an appointment with my doctor I gotta stop diagnosing myself.

• Posted

You will always have new sensations coming on.. I've had heart fears and chest pains for a year now. Suddenly I get over the old pains, now I have new ones. Your anxiety is just feverishly trying to make sure you stay scared.. You would be having many more symptoms than a buzzing leg if you had a real disease.

If you are going to look up symptoms, use the word anxiety in it. So search "anxiety and buzzing feelings in skin".. You will see how common it is. Chances are you have always had these feelings, but your anxiety is just now making you pick up on it.

• Posted

True I would have many symptoms I just feel like I haven't had anxiety for awhile and my body was like "Oh, hey why don't we get anxious about this symptom and go through this again"

• Posted

You just explained my last week! Lol. Its so annoying, and even worse that we go along with it and allow our days to be ruined by this.
  • Posted

??Sometimes it what's we are thinking that causes our stress. The worse thing is try to diagnose yourself. The many reasons and symptoms you exhibit are because your reading information your reacting too! Symptoms just don't pop up after reading about a disease or illness on line. 

Anxiety can cause panic attacks which in many case is usually a hormone imbalance or you have been thru a tramatic experience. 

I do not know your mental and health history your doctor would be the best judge of treatment.

See your doc soon he can prescribe meds to help you before the anxiety gets worse.👍

• Posted

That is very very common with people with anxiety. Actually even with people without anxiety get that , ignore it. The body can basically do anything it wants under stress. Worst thing to do is google and forum on illnesses, unless you have it and it diagnosed dont bother reading anything on it, that buzzing can be anywhere by the way. One day foot, one day thigh..so just flow with it. Do drink a lot of fluids anxiety drains the muscles and nerves always tensing and releasing..so keep hydrated. You have to accept all this and realize the body does shoot off really odd symptoms from being constantly stressed and anxious. At times they do get scary, especially new ones but thats where this forum is very useful.

keep in mind as well we all blow up symptoms too. Someone else would get a cramp or whatever and be like oh okay and go about their day. Anxious people would be more omg whats happening, what is this..is it going to go away or kill me. So it is hard being us at times. 

Hang in there. You want interesting google ,medical breakthroughs in anxiety cure. Thats interesting.

• Posted

Thanks for this, just woke up and feeling a little better I'll keep everyone's messages in mind.

• Posted

Now that I'm accepting this is anxiety are here any home remedies or solutions that can help?

• Posted

Plz see your dr for anxiety treatment. The doc knows your health history and can help start you on your way to feel better and give you coping tools to work with controlling anxiety. 😊😀

• Posted

Cannot get into the doctor until next week sadly but I have a new concern and don't want to start a new thread. Well not exactly new but worrysome for me. For awhile I've had muscle twitching but what's really bothering me is that now the twitching has been in my left arm bicep for awhile now and only that muscle. Has anyone else with anxiety had twitching in one area for a long time. It's on and off for the past couple days and I'm scared.

• Posted

Ive had this recently too! As soon as i went to my dr and he told me it was anxiety it went away. What do ya know! Hhahah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.