Bv for 2 months meds not working

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had vaginal burning extremely bad and the doctor did a swab and told me I had bv. I went a few day later to see another doctor she said there was a little bit of yeast as well. I took treatment for both they have retested for yeast twice and it if gone but 8 weeks later and I still have bv. I have had the antibiotics twice and no change. It's swollen and uncomfortable down there. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this and how did they fix it?

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Is sounds like yeast. Try getting the 3 day cream at drugstore and see if you feel better.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Bv is sexually transmitted so your partner has to be treated the doctor won't tell you that . Seanjari Preeti

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Boric acid suppositories!! They work instantly... research them. I promise they will make your life soooo much better!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I use them for about 3-4 nights at a time when I'm starting to feel symptoms. That's usually long enough to clear everything up. Since your period blood throws off your Ph levels every month, I've also been using them in the beginning and 1 night after to keep my levels healthy. This has been working pretty well for me! It may seem annoying having to keep using them but I had BV constantly for 6 years straight and NOTHING else has helped. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up