BV is making me very depressed

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had chronic BV for years. It's caused me to become so depressed because the odor is bad that I'm unable to get out and b around others for vey long before I begn to smell real bad again. I have to wash out the cavity of my vagina when I take shower. But only a few hours later I'll begin to smell really bad again. I barely get out of my house because of the BV odor and I feel much less of a woman having BV related probs all the time. I just wish there was some cure for the odor if nothing else. How do you control your odor so you can get out and do something/go places??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle,   So sorry to hear that your BV is making you depressed, hope you can get it under control so you feel more comfortable out and about.  I used vitamin c tablets, not the chewable ones.  I inserted one tablet, I think it was 500 once a day.  Thst really helped me to control the odor and then once I got it under control I would just break them in half and use 1/2 of the tablet.  My Gyno did tell me the vitamin c could thin the tissue so I only used as needed.  I also went on the pill because my periods were lasting 10 days and that would throw off the ph.  Now I use only unscented Dove body wash to wash my body but only use water to wash my vagina.  When I get out of the shower and anytime I use the bathroom I rinse my vagina with warm water and salt mixture.  I drink a protein drink every morning thst contains whey and soy protein and I take two different probiotics one everyother day.  Hoping something in here helps you.  I had BV quite severely for over 3 years.  I do get it back mildly every now and again.  But nothing like it was thank God.  Best of luck, hope something helps 
  • Posted

I completely understand. I feel like I've tried everything possible I've come across during research. Recently I made my own boric acid capsules( you can also buy them)..And my odor went away overnight. I used for 10 days straight and still no odor. I am now going to start 1-2 a week to keep it at bay.

Research it and give a try!

• Posted

Hi Hun,

I had this for the past yr and tried so many old wives tales. Oils, vit c, pro biotocs (still take occasionally as have a whole box)

I also took oral antibiotics that made me feel a bit ill and didn't work as after 3 weeks it returned.

I then found a blog from a girl that described all of the above. She found a cream that got rid of it and its worked for me too. Clindesse cream. I brought online.

You may have tried already... but thought I would send just encase.

Everyone is different. And some medication will be effective on certain people.

For me th me cure so wanted to share!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.