Bye Bye Gallbladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi everyone

I had my gall bladder removed laparascopically on Saturday and apart from achy shoulders from the CO2 gas and a few twinges at the incision sites, I am feeling fine and very relieved.

I can't believe that it was all done so quickly.  I had heard that there was a long waiting time for this procedure but from seeing my GP with the first incidence of GB pain and having the op, it was only 3 months! Mind you, I did say I would be happy to go in on a cancellation slot so maybe that made a difference. I cannot praise the NHS enough-the staff at the hospital were wonderful and anwered all my queries (and there were many!) putting my mind at rest, and the GP surgery staff were great too.

I realise I may have been lucky and I am so grateful that everything went so smoothly.

Good luck to all of you who are awaiting or recovering from surgery!

Love

Maz xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maz!  Well done!  It's so nice to read such a positive outcome, as a lot of the posts have been horendous! Hope things continue to go well for you.  Please keep us informed, or you can send me a private message. Just go to the link "Send private message"  Val.
  • Posted

Thats so great to hear Maz. Im still waiting. Its lovely to hear a positive out come too. All the best with your recovery. smile
  • Posted

Good to hear everything went well and you are on the road to recovery.

I read horror stories from other about their experiences, but they seemed to be few and far between.

In the long run, Having mine removed was the best decision. I don't get sick anymore, I can eat normally again, and I can do it without being in agony.

Good luck on you recovery.

Tom

• Posted

Great news maz. I had mine removed at end of April.

Still having to be careful what I eat and stomach cramps first thing in the morning, so having to come back on omeprazole for the moemnt.

But hugely better than I was and not complaining at all.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Sarah xx

• Posted

Hi Mazcat

Really glad everything went well.

I had mine 3 weeks ago overnight stay and like you everything went well and treatment was excellent.

Back at work over a week now and all good.

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies. I am feeling a bit sore this morning but that's to be expected I think. I am going to attempt popping in to my work today (my husband will be driving!) to give the boss my sick note.  Maybe moving around more will ease the remaining twinges.

Have a good day everyone

Love

Maz xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up